Just because 81 is the man, I will answer car questions but.

14567810»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,793
    Caveeze wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-djDjdelOU

the video pretty much describes it.. its a bitch, I know.. but the only way without major disassemble.. Good luck
    I 'm thinking a long pair of needlenose to twist and grab the bulb assembly?

I really dont want to remove both tires and the wheel well just to replace the bulbs.

I'm trying to get it fully functional and engine solid. Thinking of handing it down to Gf's daughter (18)or her son(16 in Aug). Might piss off the dad, but that fuck has had a convertable chevy in his driveway for 3-4 years that he bought for the daughter? Still aint mobile!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    battery is officially 7 years old.

you think i should swap it out?
    do you want it to start this winter?

it survived the winter.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    question.

front end work. the lincoln has been chewing up front tires like bubble gum. the very inner part of both tires is being rubbed raw down to the wires. the lincoln is currently at the garage as of this morning. in the years past and as recent as 8 months ago the R & L side of the front end has fallen onto the ground leaving me with one twisted side of the front end. (once 4 years ago & as recent as 8 months ago this has happened)

after replacing chewed up new tires i am having the front end looked at yet again.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    this mechanic told me this morning that when a (if memory serves correctly) 2003 cadillac needs a new oil pan and the junk between oil pan & motor get over heated & warps the mechanic(s) must remove the engine to replace oil pan & things involved taking up a good 12 hours plus & will cost over $2 grand

well done cadillac

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    this mechanic told me this morning that when a (if memory serves correctly) 2003 cadillac needs a new oil pan and the junk between oil pan & motor get over heated & warps the mechanic(s) must remove the engine to replace oil pan & things involved taking up a good 12 hours plus & will cost over $2 grand

well done cadillac

i believe that stuff is called a gasket. caulk it up and you should be good to go :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

well done cadillac

i believe that stuff is called a gasket. caulk it up and you should be good to go :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    no it is a metal plate thing the mechanic described. i to thought he was talking about a simple gasket. no. it is something altogether different than a gasket with the tube of blue gasket sealer

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    ok, here's the issue: the ex has a 2004 Honda CR-V. She goes to start it, battery is out, and needs to get it jumped. This happens about every other day. SHe tells me she turns off all lights, everything, and unplugs all chargers, gps, etc. Took it to the dealer service center, they test the battery, it's ok, they say the alternator is fine, they say everything is fine. I am thinking it must be some kind of short or something is drawing juice that shouldn't be.

what's the deal?

thanks in advance
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Hey Cav

Two codes came up

One for an 02 sensor and the other for the gas cap. The mechanic wants me to wait and see if the light comes on again.

Does that sound right? Having to wait for it to come on again?

Thanks
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    ok, here's the issue: the ex has a 2004 Honda CR-V. She goes to start it, battery is out, and needs to get it jumped. This happens about every other day. SHe tells me she turns off all lights, everything, and unplugs all chargers, gps, etc. Took it to the dealer service center, they test the battery, it's ok, they say the alternator is fine, they say everything is fine. I am thinking it must be some kind of short or something is drawing juice that shouldn't be.

what's the deal?

thanks in advance

ok, so she took it back to the dealer service center and now they say it's the battery :fp:

I should have just put a new battery in there when this all started.
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Caveeze wrote:
    Doesn't mean I like them..
    I have been working on cars professionally since I was 16 years old. Licensed and full of passion back then. I used to love fixing cars and making them go faster, but anymore it is beyond boring and is actually turning to hatred..
    Nothing pisses me of more than a customer meandering back into the shop to talk about his classic car and the mods he has done to it.. Dude, I don't give a fuck!! Is the shit broken? I will fix it.. other than that, who cares if your GTO has the original wax pencil marks made at the factory..

And just because I work on cars does NOT mean I like NASCAR!! I fucking hate NASCAR and nothing would make me happier than to choke you with your Jeff Gordon shirt..

And if you are old, quit telling me about the "good 'ol days" when you used to work on your own car.. The new shit is way better, get over it..

I love to tell my customer that we should all be riding bicycles.. everyone is in a good mood on a bicycle

Anyone else hate the "extra" things that come with their job??

What if it wasn't your job, and just something you did to find peace? Some people envy you.

If NASCAR is so great, and they can change oil and tires in less than a minute...

WHY, do my service repairs take hours? I can change my own oil faster. I hate making blended beverages. I rarely complain, because I have a job.

Can you ride 68 miles to and from work on a bicycle in 90 degree weather? If you can, you might be a super man. ;) If every one bought bikes, you would no longer have a job.
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    chadwick wrote:

well done cadillac

You seem to have a lemon. It's not aligned correctly. The balance is off. When is the last time you bought tires or even had them balanced. Poor caddy, it could have been so happy. Have you ever had an oil change?

Okay OP, I see the frustration already. :lol:

I wouldn't like it either.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81! 81! c'mere quick!

wanna drive to Nebraska?

http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auct ... limages=NO

(oh wait, i just realized you probably already know... :fp: okay, for anybody else that may be interested)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    chadwick wrote:
    question.

front end work. the lincoln has been chewing up front tires like bubble gum. the very inner part of both tires is being rubbed raw down to the wires. the lincoln is currently at the garage as of this morning. in the years past and as recent as 8 months ago the R & L side of the front end has fallen onto the ground leaving me with one twisted side of the front end. (once 4 years ago & as recent as 8 months ago this has happened)

after replacing chewed up new tires i am having the front end looked at yet again.
    My last car had front end issues. I'd take it in for an alignment and it would be fine, then 6 months later I'd notice some drift. It too chewed up the front tires. I literally held off getting new ones until I actually saw the metal poking out of the rubber! :fp: :lol:
    I seriously had to get alignments once a year, if not more. Not sure what it was about that car...I'd go online and read some forums about that car and nobody else seemed to have that problem....and I took it to different places each time so it wasn't like the shop wasn't doing it right. :?
    Oh well, that car is a thing of the past! :D
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81! 81! c'mere quick!

wanna drive to Nebraska?

http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auct ... limages=NO

(oh wait, i just realized you probably already know... :fp: okay, for anybody else that may be interested)

haha...i will be driving to NE...in a month. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,793
    04 PT FWD , hearing and feeling a very hard knock on right turns? Had control arms replaced last year , need struts too according to the shop. Currently in shop waiting to be diagnosed.

What say you?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14