Just because 81 is the man, I will answer car questions but.

Comments

• Doesn't mean I like them..
    I have been working on cars professionally since I was 16 years old. Licensed and full of passion back then. I used to love fixing cars and making them go faster, but anymore it is beyond boring and is actually turning to hatred..
    Nothing pisses me of more than a customer meandering back into the shop to talk about his classic car and the mods he has done to it.. Dude, I don't give a fuck!! Is the shit broken? I will fix it.. other than that, who cares if your GTO has the original wax pencil marks made at the factory..

And just because I work on cars does NOT mean I like NASCAR!! I fucking hate NASCAR and nothing would make me happier than to choke you with your Jeff Gordon shirt..

And if you are old, quit telling me about the "good 'ol days" when you used to work on your own car.. The new shit is way better, get over it..

I love to tell my customer that we should all be riding bicycles.. everyone is in a good mood on a bicycle

Anyone else hate the "extra" things that come with their job??

Ok, so you are burnt out on cars. It happens. Why don't you open a bike shop ... or start doing bike repair? One step at a time into something new. Who knows you could own the most rock n' bike shop one day ... life is short, go for it!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    i hate excel.

tell me about it.

access too

especially dislike SAP
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    how often should i rotate my tires.

thanks in advance
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I buy electronics...sort, process, refurb, repair (someone else does), repack, and then sell in bulk or on ebay and amazon. Mostly gaming and ipods...but people always ask me if I have have played a certain game or like it. Video games hold my attention for like a minute and I dont play them at all. Well..golf games I can play for a half hour or so. Then they always say.."my dvd player is doing this..what do you think the problem is" I dont have technical experience (besides basics on gaming and ipods) and cant help you out brother..You can send it in for repair though!! ahhahah

Back to the cars..fricken chain inside the motor is likely busted on my grand am. I guess its a common problem. Like an 8-10 hour labor job. Thank god my father in law is a car guy..has saved me many g's on cars through the years.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    timing chain....it's not really that important. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

• Anyone else hate the "extra" things that come with their job??

I hate when doctors pressure laboring women into unnecessary interventions such as epidurals and ceseareans so that they can receive a larger kick back from the insurance company.

I hate when society convinces a woman that her body is flawed and so she chooses to look at birth as a medical event instead of a natural process.

I hate when true emergencies arrive, and my mamas are scared for the lives of the baby they were anxiously awaiting for so long.

Otherwise, I love what I do, and am so blessed to get to witness women becoming mothers.
    81 wrote:
    timing chain....it's not really that important. :lol:

Yea it happened 3 yrs ago too..needless to say its up for sale once fixed. I guess on the grand am motor I have its like a little dinky bike chain..garbage!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Doesn't mean I like them..
    I have been working on cars professionally since I was 16 years old. Licensed and full of passion back then. I used to love fixing cars and making them go faster, but anymore it is beyond boring and is actually turning to hatred..
    Nothing pisses me of more than a customer meandering back into the shop to talk about his classic car and the mods he has done to it.. Dude, I don't give a fuck!! Is the shit broken? I will fix it.. other than that, who cares if your GTO has the original wax pencil marks made at the factory..

And just because I work on cars does NOT mean I like NASCAR!! I fucking hate NASCAR and nothing would make me happier than to choke you with your Jeff Gordon shirt..

And if you are old, quit telling me about the "good 'ol days" when you used to work on your own car.. The new shit is way better, get over it..

I love to tell my customer that we should all be riding bicycles.. everyone is in a good mood on a bicycle

Anyone else hate the "extra" things that come with their job??

this is the greatest post i have ever read. you are my newest hero typea dude. i fucking hate mechanical bullshit. i hate nascar and nascar fans and nascar clothing and nascar driver should be slapped for wasting the earth's natural resources. i hate nascar anything.

i hate the GTO guy you are talking about. that guy is a piece of turdshit or something.

when i was a truck driver i despised my fellow truckers who covered their big trucks in dale Sr. stickers or wore the dale earnhart racing sunglasses, nascar racing jackets, cowboy boots, black cowboy hat, and were very unfriendly to anyone who hadn't been a truck driver for at least 30 yrs. btw, they were and still are the greatest truck drivers known to mankind. all others are shit and piss behind the big wheel

nascar dicks are fucked and should be run over
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:
    how often should i rotate my tires.

thanks in advance
    :lol:

81, you are priceless

lol... again :lol:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i hate excel.

tell me about it.

access too

especially dislike SAP

I LOVE Excel

Access makes me too OCD

SAP??? (data processing??) Since you love it so much, maybe you can teach me all about it :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • CorduroyGirlCorduroyGirl Posts: 283
    edited September 2011
    Well, I HATE everything about my job! I LOVED the academic part of electrotechnical and computer engineering but I am yet to find a job that I like, hate them all... Definetely wouldn't do the same if I was to chose my career today, it's a great 5 years learning, programming cool stuff, messing around with robots and controllers, with image and video processing, with signals, with math... But it's only 5 years...

Little things that annoy me... Well, once you get tagged as "the computers girl", everyone will call you for everything even remotely connected to computers... Most of those things I DON'T KNOW NOR DO I CARE!

So yeah... Should probably start thinking about some changes... Hope 30 is not too old for that :P

EDIT - Forgot to mention how I hate when someone calls to go out for a drink and after the first few words... "Oh, yes, I've been meaning to ask you something: my computer......" :evil:
    Post edited by CorduroyGirl on
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,793
    Cavstarr?

Whats the recommended interval for changing the headlight fluid?

:mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Cavstarr....

What would the correct ignition timing be on a 1955 Bel Air Chevrolet, with a 327 cubic-inch engine and a four-barrel carburetor?
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    afroannnie wrote:
    I'm a R &D Scientist that gets to work with Chlamydia & Gonorrhea pretty much everyday...quote]

Chlamydia & Gonorrhea: Great name for a pair of housecats.

Or a new-age duet.

Really, they are actually quite nice words and it's a shame they've been associated with venereal diseases.

"For my wedding, I chose a bouquet of pale pink chlamydia."

"I'd like an order of sauteed eggplant with a melange of tomato, onion and basil, on a bed of gonorrhea risotto."

It's not that hard to imagine, don't you think?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    afroannnie wrote:
    I'm a R &D Scientist that gets to work with Chlamydia & Gonorrhea pretty much everyday...quote]

Or a new-age duet.

Really, they are actually quite nice words and it's a shame they've been associated with venereal diseases.

"I'd like an order of sauteed eggplant with a melange of tomato, onion and basil, on a bed of gonorrhea risotto."

:lol::lol:
    I had a friend tell me that when people give me a weird look when I say i work with Chlamydia & Gonorrhea, say "no, it's not what you think! Chlamydia & Gonorrhea are my co-workers!' ;)
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    afroannnie wrote:

Or a new-age duet.

really does sound lovely....too bad

however, a gonorrhea salad ... not all that appetizing..the word is just...ohidunno..... icky?
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I have to share this although it hardly has anything to do with the thread other than being about cars:

When the girlfriend and I moved from Georgia to Utah we towed a Honda Civic behind the U-Haul, ya know in one of those trailers that only straps in the front two wheels and the front axle.

She thought it was needed to pull the emergency brake so that it "doesn't slip off the trailer", and so from Atlanta to St. Louis we drove (me without knowing) with the emergency brake pulled...

We stopped at a hotel one night and thought that we'd take the car off and use it to go get some food and stuff. Getting it off the trailer was fun once I realized there was no brakes at all. Getting it back on the trailer was even more exciting. First time (and hopefully the last) that I had to judge the momentum of a car enough to get it on the trailer perfectly without running off the front end. :roll:

The mechanic and I had a good laugh about it...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I have to share this although it hardly has anything to do with the thread other than being about cars:

When the girlfriend and I moved from Georgia to Utah we towed a Honda Civic behind the U-Haul, ya know in one of those trailers that only straps in the front two wheels and the front axle.

She thought it was needed to pull the emergency brake so that it "doesn't slip off the trailer", and so from Atlanta to St. Louis we drove (me without knowing) with the emergency brake pulled...

We stopped at a hotel one night and thought that we'd take the car off and use it to go get some food and stuff. Getting it off the trailer was fun once I realized there was no brakes at all. Getting it back on the trailer was even more exciting. First time (and hopefully the last) that I had to judge the momentum of a car enough to get it on the trailer perfectly without running off the front end. :roll:

Good Lord!

Weren't the tires smoking like hell back there?!?

:lol::lol::lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • See I'm lucky, I tell people I work for a bank and they are immediately not intrigued anymore and don't ask what I do.
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    edited September 2011
    I've worked at a weekly newspaper for going on 11 years now. It could be worse but there's plenty of shit.

– My main function here is sports editor, which is alright, but people seem to misunderstand the concept of reporting. It's not my fault your son's football team sucks and has not won a game in four years. Nor I am here to be a cheerleader in all circumstances surrounding the schools and teams I cover. And furthermore, I am exactly have of the editorial staff here and I am not at every damn game of every sort keeping stats. Therefore I depend on coaches to supply in most all cases. So if Sally Sue's softball team isn't getting the coverage you think it deserves ask the fuckin coach why he/she doesn't give me what I ask for repeatedly and stop acting like I'm some kind of three-headed devil that just picked Sally Sue's team to ignore.

– I also cover the local school board. Last december the department of justice mandated consolidation of the local district from four schools to two schools. The two that were close should have been shut down years ago. Quite a shit storm it was. Non-stop, everywhere I go, somebody is in my ear wanting to talk about it. Shut the fuck up. I do not care. It needed to happen. I just write the fuckin news and your opinion matters none to me.
    Post edited by Yellow Ledbelly on
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    afroannnie wrote:
    I'm a R &D Scientist that gets to work with Chlamydia & Gonorrhea pretty much everyday...recently we've been getting in some clinical specimens to use for our project...I'll let you think about what these specimens include. Overall I like my job and don't mind talking "shop" to people outside work...it's just that most people are scared to talk to me about my job after they find out what I do :lol::lol:

Chlamydia is not a flower.
    211037_191239820920945_5681743_n.jpg
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    I'm a R &D Scientist that gets to work with Chlamydia & Gonorrhea pretty much everyday...recently we've been getting in some clinical specimens to use for our project...I'll let you think about what these specimens include. Overall I like my job and don't mind talking "shop" to people outside work...it's just that most people are scared to talk to me about my job after they find out what I do :lol::lol:

It's a soup, I saw it on the grocery store shelves...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

Good Lord!

Weren't the tires smoking like hell back there?!?

:lol::lol::lol:

If they were, I didn't notice. :oops:

Mechanic said everything was "white" from being so hot. :shock: :shock:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    When I know a conversation will follow with someone I don't want to talk to, I tell people that I'm an accountant (which I'm not).
    Nobody has followup to that I've found. :D
    mca47 wrote:
    When I know a conversation will follow with someone I don't want to talk to, I tell people that I'm an accountant (which I'm not).

Strategy, I like it.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

:lol::lol:

Chlamydia isn't a flower...but damn she's pretty cute...

AAAADHuoQEwAAAAAAGpUfw.jpg?v=1250986247000
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    dcfaithful wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Strategy, I like it.

Yeah, I fly a lot for work and the chit-chat that happens when you sit down next to someone gets annoying quick!
    When I told people that I work in cancer research, half of the flight would be questions and "Oh, my friend got cancer...blah, blah, blah". On a number of occasions I've had people show me a f'n mole on the plane that they thought looked suspicious! I don't wanna see that shit! :lol:
    Now it's "So what do you do?" "Oh, I'm an accountant" "Oh, that's nice" Followed by silence! Ahhhh....silence! :D
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I am a fan of the internet, and Mr RK hates mechanics (I did not tell him you were one Cav :lol: ) ok, he just thinks all mechanics want to rip you off.

So whenever something goes wrong with the car, I look it up on the net, and tell him how to fix it. he NEVER listens to me, "um, the auto parts place rents the O2 wrench...I'm pretty sure you need that" so after he grates his knuckles, I have to run off to the parts store to get the O2 wrench. :x

Anyway...in my last line of work, I was the pharmaceutical inventory manager and people would constantly ask me 'my dog has diarrhea, can I give him pepto?" "Only if you want to kill your dog, yes"
    Or, "My cat hasn't been able to go potty for a few days and just screams when he goes in the litterbox...what do I do?" I wanna scream, "well what would YOU do if every time you went to the toilet you screamed and couldn't pee for 2 days?"
    People would also assume that I was a member of PETA or was vegetarian....ummm, no, I like a nice steak (rare please) and since I'm having a nice steak, could you bring me my purse...it's the green suede one, thanks. Oh my, it's getting a tad chilly in here too...would you bring me my leather jacket? Great! Uh-oh...I seemed to have spilled something on my dress...does anybody know how to get ketchup out of a suede dress?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I am a fan of the internet, and Mr RK hates mechanics (I did not tell him you were one Cav :lol: ) ok, he just thinks all mechanics want to rip you off.

So whenever something goes wrong with the car, I look it up on the net, and tell him how to fix it. he NEVER listens to me, "um, the auto parts place rents the O2 wrench...I'm pretty sure you need that" so after he grates his knuckles, I have to run off to the parts store to get the O2 wrench. :x

Anyway...in my last line of work, I was the pharmaceutical inventory manager and people would constantly ask me 'my dog has diarrhea, can I give him pepto?" "Only if you want to kill your dog, yes"
    Or, "My cat hasn't been able to go potty for a few days and just screams when he goes in the litterbox...what do I do?" I wanna scream, "well what would YOU do if every time you went to the toilet you screamed and couldn't pee for 2 days?"
    People would also assume that I was a member of PETA or was vegetarian....ummm, no, I like a nice steak (rare please) and since I'm having a nice steak, could you bring me my purse...it's the green suede one, thanks. Oh my, it's getting a tad chilly in here too...would you bring me my leather jacket? Great! Uh-oh...I seemed to have spilled something on my dress...does anybody know how to get ketchup out of a suede dress?

:lol: Seriously, what WOULD you do if you had that problem?? Go to the damn doctor!!

It's pretty simple lady.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Jennytree wrote:
    I fix computers. Anytime I go for lunch or a cup of tea I get the "oh, while I see ye there, can you take a look at my iphone/blackberry/ipad/laptop"

And no, I haven't heard anyone take the piss out of the "have you tried turning it off and on again" resolution. It fixes 90% of issues you've caused yourself. Fuck off!

this

or i tell them to buy a mac and fuck off :D