2024-2025 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    MayDay10 wrote:
    its going to be the hot goalie in the East.

Likely Montreal, Boston, or the Rangers.

West, its going to be Chicago.

you obviously haven't seen carey price play lately ;)
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    MayDay10 wrote:

West, its going to be Chicago.

I like the way you think.

Can't wait for the playoffs to start...these last few and next 3 games are meaningless to the Hawks.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Congrats to the BHawks for winning the Obama Cup. I hope they can break the recent curse of said winners
    Looks like the Red Wings will sneak in ... first round match up with Chicago ... can the wings pull the upset or are the hawks just to good? I myself hope the hawks are in the finals against the penguins ... to me that would be a great wide open series.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Looks like the Red Wings will sneak in ... first round match up with Chicago ... can the wings pull the upset or are the hawks just to good? I myself hope the hawks are in the finals against the penguins ... to me that would be a great wide open series.

i would wait and see ... the one great thing about hockey is that no one rolls over ... florida beat the rangers the other day with the current biggest win streak being 2 games and losing streak 3 games ...
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    are the Leafs even going to win 1 game in the first round?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

well ... considering i would have said the odds of us making the playoffs was slim to begin with ... everything from here on out is gravy ... the city is just happy to be in the post-season ... pretty sad i know but that's something at least ...
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    polaris_x wrote:

well ... considering i would have said the odds of us making the playoffs was slim to begin with ... everything from here on out is gravy ... the city is just happy to be in the post-season ... pretty sad i know but that's something at least ...
    They're playing Mtl, should be an easy 4 for them...

nl-sinking-ship-20090222.jpg
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Rygar wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

They're playing Mtl, should be an easy 4 for them...

nl-sinking-ship-20090222.jpg

:lol:
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    UUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH The Stars are breaking my heart. :fp:

Fine. Screw it. Go Bruins. Whatever. GRRRRRRRR.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

i would wait and see ... the one great thing about hockey is that no one rolls over ... florida beat the rangers the other day with the current biggest win streak being 2 games and losing streak 3 games ...

That is true ... But they now just need a win over Dallas depending on what Columbus does.

drivingrl wrote:

I'm surprised they were in it this long ... Something to build on for next year.

If Montreal and Toronto meet (and kind of looks like they will), it'll be first time since the 70's...

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjJarLEM5vcMFpNkp-k8jrM4u2UogF5aaLwbKyIJbevGtiaNHckQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgmPTztSR152L4ERq_r69CAQoTSoHtIcI3UdAtHNsRCEH-kqSi
    Jason P wrote:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjJarLEM5vcMFpNkp-k8jrM4u2UogF5aaLwbKyIJbevGtiaNHckQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgmPTztSR152L4ERq_r69CAQoTSoHtIcI3UdAtHNsRCEH-kqSi
    LOL
    lukin2006 wrote:
    If Montreal and Toronto meet (and kind of looks like they will), it'll be first time since the 70's...
    That isn't a matchup I'm looking forward to. Since we are all of a sudden last year's team, 5 games max.
    well ... eastern conference decided ...

Detroit has Dallas
    Columbus has Nashville
    Minnesota has Edmonton and Colorado

Definitely all winnable games which would leave Columbus on the outside looking in ...
    It has taken the Red Wings 44 games to realize if they just start firing the goshdang puck at the goalie, it will go in sooner or later.

No more fancy pants stuff if they want to extend the season.
    Rygar wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    That isn't a matchup I'm looking forward to. Since we are all of a sudden last year's team, 5 games max.

you're still playing the leafs man! ... :lol:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    drivingrl wrote:

I'm surprised they were in it this long ... Something to build on for next year.

There is definitely that. If Boston wins the big prize and we get first round draft pick, maybe... just maybe... we can acquire a real defense! (Please, Santa!)
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    polaris_x wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Haha, true but you guys have had no issue with us this year, I don't expect that to change (especially the way we're playing).
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    my excitement is the draft lottery on Monday
    drivingrl ... it's on like donkey kong come saturday!!! :twisted:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5Ucx5Fg-6ufy7wQynY_pV0k7i6BopIYuFALeUSwiHoIx9fdAxEQ
    Jason P wrote:
    drivingrl ... it's on like donkey kong come saturday!!! :twisted:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5Ucx5Fg-6ufy7wQynY_pV0k7i6BopIYuFALeUSwiHoIx9fdAxEQ

You're goin' down, son!!! :twisted: :D

Next!"
    Rygar wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Well I understand priced started using new equipment a couple weeks ago ... I never heard of a goalie doing such a thing at any point during the season ... most of these guys are pretty superstitious.

drivingrl wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    drivingrl wrote:

There is definitely that. If Boston wins the big prize and we get first round draft pick, maybe... just maybe... we can acquire a real defense! (Please, Santa!)

You could also play the spoiler by beating Detroit tomorrow, there's that. I'd love nothing more than to see Detroit out, there fans are some of the most annoying in sports ... most of them don't know there hockey history pre 1990 ... and forget they sucked for a good 50 years ... yet the smack talk directed about teams like Toronto, Montreal and other teams in long Cup droughts are just plain annoying. So here's hoping Columbus wins, and your team decide to so up and play spoiler.

MayDay10 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

polaris_x wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I'd like to see that series go 7

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    lukin2006 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

check that.

really hoping for Minnesota to miss the playoffs too. (Sabres have their 1st rounder)
    lukin2006 wrote:
    You could also play the spoiler by beating Detroit tomorrow, there's that. I'd love nothing more than to see Detroit out, there fans are some of the most annoying in sports ...
    Screw the 80's

tumblr_mejof3eF8M1rqfhi2o1_250.gif