2024-2025 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    BTW, this was one of Bostons deadline plans....it fell thru.

Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 4m According to source w/knowledge of talks, call was made between BOS/PHI abt Briere. Caron & a pick mentioned, but was scuttled by concussion

That sure would look nice to the Bruins right now.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    Wow. The Pens are all in. Even before the deals they scared the living shit out of me. Give credit to Ray Shero
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Pens still need to get Malkin and Letang healthy more than anything. Fleury looks like he'll be back this weekend.

I could see Iginla playing first line, put Kunitz on 2nd and pair him back with Malkin, and Morrow on the third line with Sutter. But I hope it does not mess with the team chemistry.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • OkumOkum Posts: 231
    I'm glad Iginla didn't go to Boston, he is too classy to be a Bruin. Pens aren't guaranteed anything, look at the Miami Heat two years ago, lots of talent but didn't win the first year they were together, it takes time to build up teamwork. Morrow and Iginla have both played with Crosby on Team Canada and Crosby and Iginla had some good chemistry together and I think that made the difference. Boston is still strong and very physical and can wear down Penguins. Nothing is guaranteed, look at LA last year. Just made playoffs in last week and got on a role. Also the salary cap is pretty much out the window this year due to lock out and it isn't surprising that someone took advantage of this.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    But they did give up a 1st rd for him, although with how good they are will turn out to be a shitty pick. (Last if they win cup I believe) Either way, the pens def making a hard push for lord Stanley. On team chemistry, I think iggy will be fine moving right into there system. Remember bourque with Colorado. It can be done and the pens have some crazy ju-ju that makes it happen for them, seems like all the time. Fucken lucky bastards, score players like Cindy and Malkin in the draft and now are gonna make a crazy run. Lets see if it happens. :corn: I know they OWN my rangers for some time now.... :fp:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    the beauty of hockey is that despite these trades or any other - any team that makes the playoffs will have a shot at it ... the one thing each run has to have that you can never be certain about is a goaltending ... fleury has had a pretty good year so far ... but he looked awful last playoffs ...
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    gvn2fly12 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Iginla to Boston ...

Nope, Pens, Pens to win cup :D

Hmmmm ... Originally I read Boston so I was a little surprised to read Pittsburgh this morning. I would have to give Pittsburgh the edge to win the cup.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Theres a lot of teams out West with something to say about winning the Cup.

Iginla is not 25 anymore. Sure, he will do well if placed on Crosbys line, but dont go claiming them Cup champs just yet.

Who out West other than Chicago? the thing about Iginla is he never really played with great Centers. That won't be an issue in Pittsburgh.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 wrote:

Iginla is not 25 anymore. Sure, he will do well if placed on Crosbys line, but dont go claiming them Cup champs just yet.

Who out West other than Chicago? the thing about Iginla is he never really played with great Centers. That won't be an issue in Pittsburgh.
    Um, Anaheim. Van, Stl and LA could all give them a run for their money.

Don't discount the Bruins either. Thats a very good team and I'm sure a move or two will be made by them before the deadline.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Yup. It takes one bad series by a goaltender to do in a juggernaut.

Just adding additional parts doesnt guarantee success. Just look at the Rangers post 1994.
    lukin2006 wrote:

Um, Anaheim. Van, Stl and LA could all give them a run for their money.

Don't discount the Bruins either. Thats a very good team and I'm sure a move or two will be made by them before the deadline.

I don't see Vancouver winning a cup with the Sedins, if Quick plays like he did last year LA has a shot, Anaheim ... we'll see, when he coached Washington they fizzled in the playoffs, looks like they started a little early this time.
    I like Chicago vs Minnesota conference final in the west, Montreal vs Pittsburgh in the East.

Plus the Pens D stinks and Fleury has not played well either.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I think we may get a surprise team from the Southeast getting to the ECF and possibly winning it... Its all about getting hot at the right time.
    Fleury 18-5 ... GAA 2.24 ... SP .918 ... if he ever starts playing well look out. :lol::lol::lol:.

Pittsburgh GA 2.47 ... .5th pace Wild 2.41 GA.

• drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    BGuvKIVCUAEmlk1.jpg:large
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    drivingrl wrote:
    BGuvKIVCUAEmlk1.jpg:large

Columbus has also played more games than the teams below them ... that could be big.

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Ryan Clown Clowe a healthy scratch
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
    Wow. Flames announce Bouwmeester to St Louis for a 1st and two prospects...#tradecentre
    Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
    Regehr to Kings for a pair of 2nd round draft picks. #tradecentre
    If St. Louis makes the playoffs that'll give Calgary 3 1st round picks in next years draft --- and it's suppose to be a deep draft.

Jagr officially on the block.
    Jagr a Bruin for 2 prospects and a draft pick.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Jagr a Bruin for 2 prospects and a draft pick.

Could be good for bruins if he stays healthy for the playoffs
  • Clowe a Ranger for 3 picks. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419716
    "I want to Rock & Roll all night, and part of everyday"
    Sept.11/05 Kitchener, Ontario
    May 10/10 Buffalo, New York
    Sept.11 & Sept 12/2011, Toronto, Ontario
    Sept. 15/11 Hamilton, Ontario
    Oct. 12/13 Buffalo, New York
    Oct 16/14 Detroit, Michigan
    May 10/16 Toronto, Ontario
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,685
    Pens streak finally over....was a nice run
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Pens streak finally over....was a nice run

just goes to show how valuable crosby is

should be an interesting day ... soo many teams are still in it ...
    Kipper staying in Calgary ... apparently Leafs have turned their attention to Luongo.

• drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    It really, really sucks to be Stars fan right now.

I feel so bad for Kari Lehtonen. If I were him, I'd totally feign an injury right about now to get out of this mess. :oops: :(
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    drivingrl wrote:
    It really, really sucks to be Stars fan right now.

I feel so bad for Kari Lehtonen. If I were him, I'd totally feign an injury right about now to get out of this mess. :oops: :(

Who's your GM ... Joe N., lets be realistic ... the trade to Montreal for cole and giving Montreal Ryder and a 3rd round pick was a real head scratcher.

Its going to be a boring trade deadline day. Already is