2024-2025 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Kipper staying in Calgary ... apparently Leafs have turned their attention to Luongo.

i sure hope not ...

i'd be happy if we stood pat
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Kipper staying in Calgary ... apparently Leafs have turned their attention to Luongo.

i sure hope not ...

i'd be happy if we stood pat

The only thing I can figure is that the leafs want insurance in case Reimer gets injured. Vancouver is a real head scratcher anyway. If you have teams interested in Lu take the best offer and clear your team of that contract ... Vancouver wins just by getting rid of that contract.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    waiting for the Sabres' firesale
    MayDay10 wrote:
    waiting for the Sabres' firesale

pominville traded to wild for hackett (g) and larsson (f)
    flyers swap goalies with columbus

rangers trade gaborik to columbus for dorsett (f), moore (d), brassard (f) and 6th rounder ... wow
    leafs pick up o'byrne (d) from avs for 4th rounder
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Sabres and Caps may still have a trade out there.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    M. Erat to Caps for P. Forsberg.

Edit: Not Stafford
    Rumblings of another concussion for Crosby after getting that puck to the face.

Not expected back for rest of regular season.
  • Rumblings of another concussion for Crosby after getting that puck to the face.

Curious as to where these rumblings of another concussion are coming from. Fan speculation? Everything I have read has the penguins organization denying any concussion like symptoms.
    Rumblings of another concussion for Crosby after getting that puck to the face.

Curious as to where these rumblings of another concussion are coming from. Fan speculation? Everything I have read has the penguins organization denying any concussion like symptoms.

That's what I've read as well ... Wouldn't be surprised if he's back before the end of the regular season.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    lukin2006 wrote:
    drivingrl wrote:
    It really, really sucks to be Stars fan right now.

I feel so bad for Kari Lehtonen. If I were him, I'd totally feign an injury right about now to get out of this mess. :oops: :(

Who's your GM ... Joe N., lets be realistic ... the trade to Montreal for cole and giving Montreal Ryder and a 3rd round pick was a real head scratcher.

This is supposedly an explanation:

http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=663828&navid=DL|DAL|home
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Erik Cole to Dallas for Ryder and a pick....
    UGH. :fp:

That's a good trade ... Ryder's having a better year than Cole, after this year Cole still has 2 years left under contract and the cap drops next year. This allows Montreal to negotiate a cap friendly contract with Ryder after this season or have that money available for someone else. I believe Getzlaf and Perry are FA's. And the biggest pickup of all is the 3rd round pick in a deep draft.
    Yeah I was definitely wrong on this one, first time ever!

(although it is a contract year ;))
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    An outdoor game between the Kings and the Ducks, to be played amid the palm trees and history of Dodger Stadium, is moving closer to reality.

Details are still being negotiated, but plans call for the teams to face off in a regular-season game on Jan. 25, 2014, using the portable rink and refrigeration equipment the NHL owns and has deployed at sites such as Chicago's Wrigley Field and Boston's Fenway Park.
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/ ... 955.column

i hope this happens...i think i'd be awesome
    anyone watch the women's world hockey championships last night? ... basically it was dekker and kessel: 3 canada 2 ... it was like nhl players against a team from tibet ... made canadians look awful (which they were) ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    anyone watch the women's world hockey championships last night? ... basically it was dekker and kessel: 3 canada 2 ... it was like nhl players against a team from tibet ... made canadians look awful (which they were) ...

A little late responding ... yes I saw the game ... I agree we were terrible.

I am one who believes that women's hockey should be removed from the Olympics.

Report: NHL plans more outdoor games

The NHL will begin a stadium series that will see six outdoor games take place next season, according to a report from TSN's Darren Dreger.
    Dreger reports there will be two outdoor games at Yankee stadium. Both games will feature the New York Rangers. The Blueshirts will play the Devils on January 26th and the Islanders on January 29th. Dreger also reports another game would feature the Penugins and Blackhawks at Soldier Field on March 1st. An all Canadian matchup at BC Place would see the Senators and Canucks do battle on March 2nd.
    The Leafs and Red Wings will play outdoors at the Big House next season at the Winter Classic on January 1st. A game at Dodger stadium between the Kings and Ducks would take place on January 25th.

http://www.thescore.com/home/articles/8 ... door-games

Ridiculous ... just over doing it.

Would have much preferred the winter classic on new years day in the states and the heritage classic in canada on hockey day in canada ... imo.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    It could be overdoing it, but it is probably a smart move for the NHL (could Bettman actually be part of this plan?)

Generates a ton of ticket sales, merchandise, and much needed publicity.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    6 games could be overkill. I think the Pens/Hawks game is rumored to be in March? Seems odd to have it that late.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    6 games could be overkill. I think the Pens/Hawks game is rumored to be in March? Seems odd to have it that late.

March 1st at Soldier Field.

I think the 6 games is a great idea. Your regular hockey fans are going to watch games regardless. These games will just bring more publicity to the league. Also, those 2 games at Yankee Stadium are the week that the Super Bowl is in NY....good planning by the NHL.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Not looking very good for the Red Wings playoff streak. They looked flat last night against Calgary. Not a good sign.
    Jason P wrote:
    Not looking very good for the Red Wings playoff streak. They looked flat last night against Calgary. Not a good sign.

be weird not having red wings in the playoffs ... be even weirder if columbus was in ... if that blue jackets team gets in - watch out!
    Jason P wrote:

Their 30 million dollar goalie was terrific in the 3rd period ... ;) probably not a good idea after that 3rd goal went in to stare at your bench and basically call out your teammates, on national TV no less.

They should make it ... They have an easier schedule than both Dallas and Columbus ... But they did lose to Calgary and it shouldn't be any easier than that :lol:

it's almost time ... columbus in the playoffs? ... heck, the leafs in the playoffs? ... detroit out? ... flyers out? ... crazy ...
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    polaris_x wrote:
    it's almost time ... columbus in the playoffs? ... heck, the leafs in the playoffs? ... detroit out? ... flyers out? ... crazy ...

Is the winner of this years going to get the same crap Ranger fans give my Devils about winning 2 1/2 cups? :evil: :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    polaris_x wrote:

Is the winner of this years going to get the same crap Ranger fans give my Devils about winning 2 1/2 cups? :evil: :lol:

Hey BD where the hell is that devils page? I can't find it. Not one post this season in that thread? I kid buddy. Well, you're not gonna have to worry about the rangers winning the cup this season. We can't even beat the last place team while in a playoff hunt. Watch your devils come to MSG and knock us out of the playoff hunt. :fp:
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    badbrains wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Hey BD where the hell is that devils page? I can't find it. Not one post this season in that thread? I kid buddy. Well, you're not gonna have to worry about the rangers winning the cup this season. We can't even beat the last place team while in a playoff hunt. Watch your devils come to MSG and knock us out of the playoff hunt. :fp:
    Yeah my son actually said... "That's about as low as you can go " :lol: :fp:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    because chicago and pittsburgh are the clear favourites ... they will not win the cup ... :lol:

i have a feeling some team like the islanders are gonna get hot and take it all ...
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,109
    Jason P wrote:
    It could be overdoing it, but it is probably a smart move for the NHL (could Bettman actually be part of this plan?)

Generates a ton of ticket sales, merchandise, and much needed publicity.

It might backfire when 10,000 California hockey fans walk away from a game disappointed at how bad the sight lines were...

Outdoor games are generally terrible for hockey fans...
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    its going to be the hot goalie in the East.

Likely Montreal, Boston, or the Rangers.

West, its going to be Chicago.