2024-2025 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    lukin2006 wrote:
    You could also play the spoiler by beating Detroit tomorrow, there's that. I'd love nothing more than to see Detroit out, there fans are some of the most annoying in sports ...

Clearly you haven't met any San Jose Sharks fans. :roll: :fp:
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    drivingrl wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    You could also play the spoiler by beating Detroit tomorrow, there's that. I'd love nothing more than to see Detroit out, there fans are some of the most annoying in sports ...

anytime i've seen a Shark game the building looks full ... watch a Red Wing game now a days a lot of empty seats ... so are you mistaking passion with annoying, because I get the feeling the shark fans are passionate but the red wing fans are only passionate when they are winning...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    If Montreal and Toronto meet (and kind of looks like they will), it'll be first time since the 70's...
    That isn't a matchup I'm looking forward to. Since we are all of a sudden last year's team, 5 games max.

Well I understand priced started using new equipment a couple weeks ago ... I never heard of a goalie doing such a thing at any point during the season ... most of these guys are pretty superstitious.
    Yeah I think he switched back, but it jinxed the whole team.

And Bourque came back and they took Ryder off the top line to make room for him...wtf!
    Rygar wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    That isn't a matchup I'm looking forward to. Since we are all of a sudden last year's team, 5 games max.

Well I understand priced started using new equipment a couple weeks ago ... I never heard of a goalie doing such a thing at any point during the season ... most of these guys are pretty superstitious.
    Yeah I think he switched back, but it jinxed the whole team.

And Bourque came back and they took Ryder off the top line to make room for him...wtf!

Looks like they will open at home against the leafs ... I think it'll be good series ... nice to see 4 Canadian teams in the playoffs
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Cool Minnesota... fucking unbelievable
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    drivingrl wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

or Vancouver or Leaf fans

Leaf fans are in an annoying class of their own
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    Looking good for the Wings to continue their playoff streak... And they just played Go at the game in Dallas!

:lol:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    With the Red Wings streak alive and well,this is the first time since 1996 that all original six teams made the playoffs.
    22 and counting.
    Go Wings.
    Too bad lukin.You'll have to put up with us annoying Detroit fans for at least one round.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    Heard that "stat" about the Original 6 during the broadcast - pretty cool. Can't wait for next year when the Wings will get to play in the East - it would be nice if Chicago could join as well.

Go Wings!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Too bad wings got in, at least it shouldn't last to long. I hope.

Lets go Penguins!
    It's being reported Jim Nill assistant GM Detroit is heading to Dallas to take over GM duties. He turned down similar job with Montreal last summer.

• iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,411
    I hope for a short run by the snow chickens, leafs, and 'hawks.

Go red wings, spoil everything for Bettman and the rest of the league
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

edited April 2013
    iwasatpj20 wrote:
    I hope for a short run by the snow chickens, leafs, and 'hawks.

Go red wings, spoil everything for Bettman and the rest of the league

LOL Good luck to you! I had a nice chat with a group Redwings fans behind me at the game last night. Their consensus is that the "seasoned" (geriatric) Redwings couldn't possibly take down Chicago. I'm sure they're not the only ones to think so.

Stars played MISERABLY last night, and not helped by the terrible officiating. Refs didn't even show up until the 3rd period.

S'okay. Dallas 'til I die. At least I don't have to live in or associate myself with the city of Detroit. Ew! :lol:
    Post edited by drivingrl on
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    lukin2006 wrote:
    It's being reported Jim Nill assistant GM Detroit is heading to Dallas to take over GM duties. He turned down similar job with Montreal last summer.

Yup, Darren Drager reported it last night during the Stars/Detroit game. I haven't read up much about him, so not sure how to feel about it!

Next!"
    smarchee wrote:
    drivingrl wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

or Vancouver or Leaf fans

Leaf fans are in an annoying class of their own

This is true. Pretty sure Canucks fans are the only fans that have set fire to their own town after their team lost. That's pretty damn annoying.

Next!"
    drivingrl wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Yup, Darren Drager reported it last night during the Stars/Detroit game. I haven't read up much about him, so not sure how to feel about it!

I don't know if I'd get my hopes up, I don't think any of Detroit's management or coaches has had much success elsewhere, except of course Scotty Bowman (I believe he's still a top executive with the Chicago).

lukin2006 wrote:
    drivingrl wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I don't know if I'd get my hopes up, I don't think any of Detroit's management or coaches has had much success elsewhere, except of course Scotty Bowman (I believe he's still a top executive with the Chicago).

If he can get the message across that dollars need to be invested in a good defense, then I will be excited. If he's another one of these clowns that come in here and insist on spending all of our dime on forwards, I will hate him immediately.

Next!"
    lukin2006 wrote:
    drivingrl wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

wrong

just recently, Paul MacLean in Ottawa and Todd McLellan in San Jose have had great success

Detroit's success for the last 22 years has seriously caused you issues eh cause you seem to have so much irrational hate on everything about them.

and also, what a game from Captain Z last night, the effort on the first goal was phenomenal, showing that his effort backed up his convictions to not be the first captain of the Wings to not make the play-offs in 22 seasons

but I bet in Lukin2006's mind, he's a horrible, selfish captain, so :roll:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    what a game from Captain Z last night, the effort on the first goal was phenomenal, showing that his effort and his convictions to not be the first captain of the Wings to not make the play-offs in 22 seasons

LOL That first goal went off of Alex Goligoski's skate. What conviction are you talking about? :lol:

Next!"
    drivingrl wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    what a game from Captain Z last night, the effort on the first goal was phenomenal, showing that his effort and his convictions to not be the first captain of the Wings to not make the play-offs in 22 seasons

LOL That first goal went off of Alex Goligoski's skate. What conviction are you talking about? :lol:

that he elevated his game the last week of the season, even though he is an incredible player all around. Did you not see him fight off that d-man to even have a chance to put that puck on the net? Guess not, I know you put on the Wings hater glasses too
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    drivingrl wrote:

wrong

just recently, Paul MacLean in Ottawa and Todd McLellan in San Jose have had great success

Detroit's success for the last 22 years has seriously caused you issues eh cause you seem to have so much irrational hate on everything about them.

and also, what a game from Captain Z last night, the effort on the first goal was phenomenal, showing that his effort backed up his convictions to not be the first captain of the Wings to not make the play-offs in 22 seasons

Really what has Todd done in San Jose ... they make the playoffs and have never made it past the 3rd round, and when he was hired he was expected to take them to the next level, a level way above what Ron Wilson was to accomplish, as for Ottawa we'll see, this team has done a great of getting talent but has never been able to seal the deal. I've always maintained that Bowman was the main cog in the wings success over the years, they hadn't won a cup since the mid 50's until he came along, he showed them how to do things the right way. I have no issues, just the one team that I choose to really dislike, just like many wings fans choose to really dislike the leafs or canadians. And besides if your going to market yourself hockey town shouldn't the arena be full, in good times and bad... :lol::lol::lol:.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The ducks can't be happy to see a red hot Detroit team coming to town.

Columbus ... So close, yet so far. At least they went for it.
    Playoffs

East

Pittsburgh vs NYI...Pittsburgh
    Montreal vs Ottawa...Montreal
    Washington vs NYR...NYR
    Boston vs Toronto...Boston

West

Chicago vs Wild...Chiago
    Anaheim vs Detroit...Detroit
    Vancouver vs San Jose...Vancouver
    Los Angeles vs St. Louis...Los Angeles

My picks...but it's always a crap shoot in the NHL.

Stanley Cup Playoffs Rd. 1 schedule

2013 EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS

SERIES A TIME (ET) #1 Pittsburgh vs. #8 NY Islanders Networks

Wednesday, May 1 7:30 p.m. NY Islanders at Pittsburgh NBC Sports Network, TSN

Friday, May 3 7 p.m. NY Islanders at Pittsburgh NBC Sports Network, TSN

Sunday, May 5 Noon Pittsburgh at NY Islanders NBC, TSN

Tuesday, May 7 7 p.m. Pittsburgh at NY Islanders NBC Sports Network, TSN

*Thursday, May 9 7 p.m. NY Islanders at Pittsburgh TSN

*Saturday, May 11 TBD Pittsburgh at NY Islanders TSN

*Sunday, May 12 TBD NY Islanders at Pittsburgh TSN

SERIES B TIME (ET) #2 Montreal vs. #7 Ottawa Networks

Thursday, May 2 7 p.m. Ottawa at Montreal CBC, RDS, CNBC

Friday, May 3 7 p.m. Ottawa at Montreal CBC, RDS, CNBC

Sunday, May 5 7 p.m. Montreal at Ottawa CBC, RDS, NBC Sports Network

Tuesday, May 7 7 p.m. Montreal at Ottawa CBC, RDS, CNBC

*Thursday, May 9 7 p.m. Ottawa at Montreal CBC, RDS

*Saturday, May 11 TBD Montreal at Ottawa CBC, RDS

*Sunday, May 12 TBD Ottawa at Montreal CBC, RDS

SERIES C TIME (ET) #3 Washington vs. #6 NY Rangers Networks

Thursday, May 2 7:30 p.m. NY Rangers at Washington NBC Sports Network, TSN

Saturday, May 4 12:30 p.m. NY Rangers at Washington NBC, TSN

Monday, May 6 7:30 p.m. Washington at NY Rangers NBC Sports Network, TSN

Wednesday, May 8 7:30 p.m. Washington at NY Rangers NBC Sports Network, TSN

*Friday, May 10 7:30 p.m. NY Rangers at Washington TSN

*Sunday, May 12 TBD Washington at NY Rangers TSN

*Monday, May 13 TBD NY Rangers at Washington TSN

SERIES D TIME (ET) #4 Boston vs. #5 Toronto Networks

Wednesday, May 1 7 p.m. Toronto at Boston CNBC, CBC, RDS

Saturday, May 4 7 p.m. Toronto at Boston CNBC, CBC, RDS

Monday, May 6 7 p.m. Boston at Toronto CBC, RDS, NHL Network U.S.

Wednesday, May 8 7 p.m. Boston at Toronto CBC, RDS, NHL Network U.S.

*Friday, May 10 7 p.m. Toronto at Boston CBC, RDS

*Sunday, May 12 TBD Boston at Toronto CBC, RDS

*Monday, May 13 TBD Toronto at Boston CBC, RDS

2013 WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS

SERIES E TIME (ET) #1 Chicago vs. #8 Minnesota Networks

Tuesday, April 30 8 p.m. Minnesota at Chicago NBC Sports Network, CBC

Friday, May 3 9:30 p.m. Minnesota at Chicago NBC Sports Network, CBC

Sunday, May 5 3 p.m. Chicago at Minnesota NBC, CBC

Tuesday, May 7 9:30 p.m. Chicago at Minnesota NBC Sports Network, CBC

*Thursday, May 9 TBD Minnesota at Chicago CBC

*Saturday, May 11 TBD Chicago at Minnesota CBC

*Sunday, May 12 TBD Minnesota at Chicago CBC

SERIES F TIME (ET) #2 Anaheim vs. #7 Detroit Networks

Tuesday, April 30 10:30 p.m. Detroit at Anaheim NBC Sports Network, TSN

Thursday, May 2 10 p.m. Detroit at Anaheim NBC Sports Network, TSN

Saturday, May 4 7:30 p.m. Anaheim at Detroit NBC Sports Network, TSN

Monday, May 6 8 p.m. Anaheim at Detroit CNBC, TSN

*Wednesday, May 8 10 p.m. Detroit at Anaheim TSN

*Friday, May 10 TBD Anaheim at Detroit TSN

*Sunday, May 12 TBD Detroit at Anaheim TSN

SERIES G TIME (ET) #3 Vancouver vs. #6 San Jose Networks

Wednesday, May 1 10:30 p.m. San Jose at Vancouver TSN, NBC Sports Network

Friday, May 3 10 p.m. San Jose at Vancouver TSN, CNBC

Sunday, May 5 10 p.m. Vancouver at San Jose NBC Sports Network, TSN

Tuesday, May 7 10 p.m. Vancouver at San Jose CNBC, TSN

*Thursday, May 9 10 p.m. San Jose at Vancouver TSN

*Saturday, May 11 TBD Vancouver at San Jose TSN

*Monday, May 13 TBD San Jose at Vancouver TSN

SERIES H TIME (ET) #4 St. Louis vs. #5 Los Angeles Networks

Tuesday, April 30 8 p.m. Los Angeles at St. Louis CNBC, CBC

Thursday, May 2 9:30 p.m. Los Angeles at St. Louis CNBC, CBC

Saturday, May 4 10 p.m. St. Louis at Los Angeles NBC Sports Network, CBC

Monday, May 6 10 p.m. St. Louis at Los Angeles NBC Sports Network, CBC

*Wednesday, May 8 TBD Los Angeles at St. Louis CBC

*Friday, May 10 TBD St. Louis at Los Angeles CBC

*Monday, May 13 TBD Los Angeles at St. Louis CBC

* if necessary

TBD – To Be Determined

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    well ... at least one canadian team will make the 2nd round! ...

outside of chicago vs. minny ... there are a lot of toss ups ... gonna be a great year for hockey pools ...
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Figures the Pens would get the Islanders on the 20 year anniversary of the 93 upset. However- was nice to see Neal and Martin come back and play strong Saturday.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Sidney Crosby NHL’s most outstanding player, but is he the MVP?

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/S ... story.html

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 wrote:

sid is by far the best player right now in the nhl ...

mvp awards thos are always gonna be ambiguous as you could put an above average player on a shitty squad and he will be the mvp to that team ... just because a guys is surrounded by talent doesn't mean he should necessarily be discounted ... at the end of the day - you put sid on any team and they are gonna improve significantly ...

unless they redefine the award somehow ... he's your hart trophy winner ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

sid is by far the best player right now in the nhl ...

mvp awards thos are always gonna be ambiguous as you could put an above average player on a shitty squad and he will be the mvp to that team ... just because a guys is surrounded by talent doesn't mean he should necessarily be discounted ... at the end of the day - you put sid on any team and they are gonna improve significantly ...

unless they redefine the award somehow ... he's your hart trophy winner ...

I agree ... it wasn't until the last couple of games or so until he was caught for the scoring lead...

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    lukin2006 wrote:

I don't know if I have to win the MVP. I might get slammed for this but my top 2 picks are Ovi and Tarvares.

I just don't know if these 2 teams do anything without these players. Sid is a great player but is he the most valuable to his team?