2024-2025 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    it's official

tumblr_mjntch0mQ31qcwqvno1_500.png
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I wonder why they didn't flip-flop the Blue Jackets and Penguins with the Florida teams?
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    norm wrote:
    it's official

tumblr_mjntch0mQ31qcwqvno1_500.png

Wha wha? How does that make sense for Florida?
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    Maybe Bettman is planning on relocating the Florida teams to eastern Canada in the short term future ...

:think:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Jason P wrote:
    I wonder why they didn't flip-flop the Blue Jackets and Penguins with the Florida teams?

good question!
    Is it weird to anyone else that Wisconsin doesn't have a team?
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    The Philly/Pittsburgh rivalry and Pittsburgh's "rivalry" with Washington (that doesnt actually exist)

Plus those teams will fill the arenas down there.

I suspect maybe Florida will move to Quebec at some point and they will slide Tampa to the East there and move Columbus to the Great Lakes/Canada Division.
    drivingrl wrote:
    Is it weird to anyone else that Wisconsin doesn't have a team?
    I don't know anyone in Wisconsin that follows hockey. It's a baseball and basketball state.

Lots of beer league baseball.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    MayDay10 wrote:
    The Philly/Pittsburgh rivalry and Pittsburgh's "rivalry" with Washington (that doesnt actually exist)

Pittsburgh vs Washington is a rivaly... it resurfaced with the whole Sid/Ovie thing, in the 90's, it was a great playoff rivalry.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    Great to see Detroit move.
    Used to love the Fri.- Sat. home and home series with Toronto.
    Pitt-Phil rivalry is steaming along.A couple of great games so far this year.
    If they meet in the playoffs---make sure you watch every game.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
    MayDay10 wrote:

Pittsburgh vs Washington is a rivaly... it resurfaced with the whole Sid/Ovie thing, in the 90's, it was a great playoff rivalry.

It just seems like the Ovechkin/Crosby Wash/Pitts rivalry is fueled and pushed by the NHL Offices.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

It just seems like the Ovechkin/Crosby Wash/Pitts rivalry is fueled and pushed by the NHL Offices.

Exactly right.But with Wash. and Ovie. fizzling out it seems to have lost its lustre.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    RoughMix wrote:
    Flyers wont be in the playoffs.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    According to TSN That's Hockey the new realignment could/will be tweaked in 2-3 years. Probably depends on Phoenix staying put or eventually ends up in Quebec.

And they have a great piece called studs and duds done by a Vancouver reporter ... He really layed into Bryz ... Basically said he was the problem in Anaheim, Phoenix and now Philly and he has a cap hit of 5.7 million for the next 7 years :lol::lol::lol:.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    RoughMix wrote:

So glad that Detroit is finally in the east... No more staying up until 1 or 2 in the morning watching playoff games on the west coast.

:thumbup:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

RoughMix wrote:

If you haven't read Probert's book I recommend it ... very good book. He was maybe the toughest of them all.

lukin2006 wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:

If you haven't read Probert's book I recommend it ... very good book. He was maybe the toughest of them all.

Yeah, I've read it.Probie lived not 10 min. from me.I had Red Wings season tickets from 1985-2002 so I have seen a lot of Probie battles.I was at the game in the video.Used to see Probie around town once and awhile.Very nice guy,if he wasn't blotto.He just couldn't stay away from the junk.
    Still hard to believe he's gone.
    i have this game on DVD and watched it this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veX55rLYAgQ
    Admittedly, it would be really neat to have all NHL highlights be NHL '94 highlights:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hdpid=49&id=222808&lang=en

Next!"
    TSN is reporting that Brenden Morrow of Dallas has been asked to waive his no trade clause for a trade to Pittsburgh.

Iginla has said he'd go to Pittsburgh, Chicago, Boston or LA.

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    lukin2006 wrote:
    TSN is reporting that Brenden Morrow of Dallas has been asked to waive his no trade clause for a trade to Pittsburgh.

Iginla has said he'd go to Pittsburgh, Chicago, Boston or LA.
    Morrow has agreed.
    Darren Dreger of TSN tweeted Phoenix likely moving ... Quebec, Seattle or KC likely with apparently Quebec being the favorite ... At least in Quebec they'll pack the place ... Hockey won't be a novelty ... Decision will be made before playoffs.

Iginla is a healthy scratch ... Trade is imminent.

Iginla to Boston ...

• gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Iginla to Boston ...

Nope, Pens, Pens to win cup :D
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    gvn2fly12 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Iginla to Boston ...

As if they needed him to win the cup this year. Damn, how does shero do it? Morrow and now iggy, wow. I finally get to see iggy play in person Wednesday at MSG. This games gonna be ugly. Pens own us and now with those 2, shits gonna be a long night at MSG. :fp: :corn:
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,391
    gvn2fly12 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Iginla to Boston ...

Just hand them the cup already. :|

So many reports last night he was going to be traded to Boston. @ 3:44am, they made the deal.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6624 ... L|NHL|home

In a shocking turn of events on a wild Thursday morning, the Calgary Flames announced that they've traded franchise icon Jarome Iginla to the Pittsburgh Penguins for the Pens' first-round pick in the 2013 NHL Draft and the rights to unsigned draft choices Kenneth Agostino and Ben Hanowski.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Theres a lot of teams out West with something to say about winning the Cup.

Iginla is not 25 anymore. Sure, he will do well if placed on Crosbys line, but dont go claiming them Cup champs just yet.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Theres a lot of teams out West with something to say about winning the Cup.

Iginla is not 25 anymore. Sure, he will do well if placed on Crosbys line, but dont go claiming them Cup champs just yet.

I dnt even think he plays on crybabys line. I know the west is strong but with that pens lineup, gonna be hard to beat them. Dnt be fooled, iggy can still play. Only downside to pens, there goalie.