2024-2025 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,411
    My Detroit Red Wings are not dead yet. Still the nightmare to Buttman and his crew.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    So Ryan Getzlaf signs for 8 yrs @ 8.25 per. Good thing they had yet another lockout.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    So Ryan Getzlaf signs for 8 yrs @ 8.25 per. Good thing they had yet another lockout.
    Agreed, good to see contracts back at reasonable levels!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    name the new divisions...

Patrick
    Smythe
    Norris
    Adams
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    im cool with that, too
    norm wrote:
    name the new divisions...

Patrick
    Smythe
    Norris
    Adams
    Thats what it should be.
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Would it kill them to drop the Geographical Division names? Central Division? Boston? Montreal? Miami? Tampa? People know where major cities are located. Dont need Divisions to markate them, especially when they are incorrect/misleading. Would love:
    Atlantic: Howe
    Central: Orr
    Mid Western: Hull
    Pacific: Gretzky

I like it. :D
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    its good to see the edmonton oilers getting close to last overall ... thought for while they would not have a shot at a lottery pick :lol::lol::lol:.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Rygar wrote:
    Agreed, good to see contracts back at reasonable levels!

:lol:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    The contracts are what the owners and players agreed too ... it is what it is ... as far as I'm concerned all sports are out of control ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 wrote:
    its good to see the edmonton oilers getting close to last overall ... thought for while they would not have a shot at a lottery pick :lol::lol::lol:.

hands off my pick!

Actually, it seems that anywhere in the top 3-4 is fairly even and a homerun.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

hands off my pick!

I'd go so far as saying anywhere in the top 10 will generate a very good prospect.

For the record, I hope Buff smacks the shit outta the Flyers tonight. What a shit show that will be.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fnCm_rcGAbk

Ridulous hockey hit ... So sad for the injured player.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RilgtofSBB8

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: a misconduct for this ... ridiculous.

The Oilers don't need another high draft pick ... but they are definitely headed toward another top 5 pick.

there are some good d-men they desperately need
    MayDay10 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

hands off my pick!

I'd go so far as saying anywhere in the top 10 will generate a very good prospect.

For the record, I hope Buff smacks the shit outta the Flyers tonight. What a shit show that will be.

I expect the FLyers to come out on top. The Sabres are completely flat every single game, while the Flyers are at least capable of getting their fans' hopes up once in awhile.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    really ... i think it's pretty much settled ... sidney crosby is the best player in the world right now ...

i know there are gonna be haters ... but the kid continues to play the game the right way, stood with the rank and file during labour negotiations, and has basically grown up ... still ... he's only 25 ...

already on the resume ... stanley cup, hart trophy and olympic gold (golden goal) ...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    tumblr_mjj5ntmVh81rfimo0o1_500.gif
    tumblr_mjj5ntmVh81rfimo0o2_500.gif

:lol::lol:
    polaris_x wrote:
    really ... i think it's pretty much settled ... sidney crosby is the best player in the world right now ...

i know there are gonna be haters ... but the kid continues to play the game the right way, stood with the rank and file during labour negotiations, and has basically grown up ... still ... he's only 25 ...

already on the resume ... stanley cup, hart trophy and olympic gold (golden goal) ...

agree

Kaspars Daugavins’ unusual shootout attempt did not end well

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/03/ ... ins-video/

Really wish the NHL would get rid of the shootout ... it's just a skills competition that allows for some to showboat.

Yet they won't bring in no touch icing ... :lol::lol::lol:

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 wrote:

Really wish the NHL would get rid of the shootout ... it's just a skills competition that allows for some to showboat.

i don't mind it ... it's entertaining for the fans ...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    lukin2006 wrote:

It's all about player safety in the NHL!

Still think Ken Hollands proposal of five minutes 4 on 4 and then five minutes of 3 on 3, then the shoot out makes great sense.
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    norm wrote:
    tumblr_mjj5ntmVh81rfimo0o1_500.gif
    tumblr_mjj5ntmVh81rfimo0o2_500.gif

'the hell? Looks like some bullcrap Mike Ribeiro would try. :roll: :lol:
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    I hate the shootout, but I realize it is not going away. Just gotta hope it stays away from the playoffs.

They gotta make everything a 3 point game

3 for a regulation win
    2 for an OT/Shootout win
    1 for an OT/Shootout loss
    0 for a regulation loss.

10 minute 4 on 4 OT, then the shootout.
    Jason P wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

It's all about player safety in the NHL!

Still think Ken Hollands proposal of five minutes 4 on 4 and then five minutes of 3 on 3, then the shoot out makes great sense.

I like his plan as well ... 5 minutes 3 on 3 and I doubt we'll see many shootouts. I 'm still opposed to the shoot out...I've seen games in the past where the team with the better skill players basically make sure they drop 4 guys back for the overtime and play for the shootout...knowing the odds are heavily in their favour. I think 5 minutes 3 on 3 most games will end in the 3 on 3.

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I hate the shootout, but I realize it is not going away. Just gotta hope it stays away from the playoffs.

3 for a regulation win
    2 for an OT/Shootout win
    0 for a regulation loss.

like this.. a lot
    GoiMTvP.gif
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

i don't mind it ... it's entertaining for the fans ...

I fail to see how a team game ending with a skills competition is entertaining :lol::lol:. Maybe baseball can end ties with a home run derby, football with a field goal competition or basketball a 3 point competition. It's a team game let the whole team decide the outcome.

MayDay10 wrote:

3 for a regulation win
    2 for an OT/Shootout win
    0 for a regulation loss.

That might work as well ... with 3 points on the line for a win in regulation and 2 in OT you might see a lot less shootouts. I'd go with Ken Holland's idea for OT though. I'd drop the OT loss column ... all loos's should be in the loss column ... a loss is a loss.

No matter what I'd still drop the shoot out ... it's just ridiculous.

• RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    It's also unfortunate that a poor shootout record can cost you a playoff spot.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."