2024-2025 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Wow. Not only did the Caps agree to take Mike Ribeiro off our hands, but they're also paying him millions. :lol:
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    In honour of our temporary Eastern first place,
    HabsLogo-460x345.jpg
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The Sabres finally shit-canned Ruff
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    360_wwall_1109.jpg
    He was the longest tenured coach, yeah?
    Didnt they hire him in the late 90's?

Long time ago and it looked like they would never change
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    MayDay10 wrote:

Long time ago and it looked like they would never change

had a great run ... i think he's still a pretty good coach ...
    I think he will be good in the right situation.

The problem is he is very tough on players... and if he is an immovable object, it can be a huge issue with some guys.

He also tries to get everyone playing the same. I like to say that when he played Ice Hockey for Nintendo, he picked all medium guys. Then he gets favorites and guys who seem to remain in the dog-house. Then to top it off, the GM here doesnt like to change over the roster. He was crying today during the press conference, thats how tight they were. I suspect he was forced to fire him.

The log-jam needed to be broken up
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Ruff will get a job again ... likey very soon. That now makes the Nashville coach the longest tenured coach.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Ugh! Derek Roy! Ugggghhhh. Can we have Steve Ott back now, please? :x
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    Flat out Nasty stuff here from Jonathan Drouin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 7YDx0M51WE
  • haven't seen a game yet this year

Which one should I watch tonight?
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Bruins, Gillette Stadium eyed for outdoor game

Read More: http://fb.nbcsports.com/6XN
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:

not sure how i feel about that ... i kinda feel like there should only be 1 winter classic every year ... but would be better with the idea of more than 1 if they included more teams ... after next year we would have had 6 winter classics and 3 teams have already been in it twice ...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    polaris_x wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

not sure how i feel about that ... i kinda feel like there should only be 1 winter classic every year ... but would be better with the idea of more than 1 if they included more teams ... after next year we would have had 6 winter classics and 3 teams have already been in it twice ...
    I think I read that the visiting team gets in line to host a classic which mean Toronto will be in the mix in a few years.
    Jason P wrote:
    I think I read that the visiting team gets in line to host a classic which mean Toronto will be in the mix in a few years.

oh ... didn't know or pick up on that! ... doesn't explain how the B's are being considered then ... but in any case ... toronto vs. montreal ... doesn't get more classic than that!
    polaris_x wrote:
    doesn't explain how the B's are being considered then ...
    $$$ trumps all in the end.
    I think the thing has been killed anyways so I dont care if they have numerous per season. It doesnt have the same luster/draw it did when Edmonton had theirs, the Buffalo one, Fenway... and Wrigley was probably the end of the "stop what youre doing and watch this shit" factor.

It is still great for the host city and also the visitor. WHy not have more if they want to make the investment.

This is likely also the only way I will ever see one in Buffalo again, or Canadian cities. One per season, the NHL will just continue prop the game onto big markets and markets they hope to gain more interest in (such as the all-star game which Buffalo hasnt been allowed to host since 1978).
  • The Blackhawks might not lose a game all season. :D:D
    Thoughts on the proposed realignment?

I: Carolina, Columbus, New Jersey, New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Washington

II: Boston, Buffalo, Detroit, Florida, Montreal, Ottawa, Tampa Bay, Toronto

III: Chicago, Colorado, Dallas, Minnesota, Nashville, St. Louis, Winnipeg

IV: Anaheim, Calgary, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Jose, Vancouver

As a Wings fan, I like last year's proposal better but I'll take anything that gets rid of 10:30pm start times, especially in the playoffs.
    Jason P wrote:

I: Carolina, Columbus, New Jersey, New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Washington

As a Wings fan, I like last year's proposal better but I'll take anything that gets rid of 10:30pm start times, especially in the playoffs.

I like it much better than last years proposal ... I can see no reason why they would not go ahead with this.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

I hope they go to some cool Conference names and not Geographical.

I like the in-Conference playoff 4 vs 1 and 3 vs 2, and Conference Championships, then final 4 seeded. The idea of, say a Buffalo/Philly final or Winnipeg/Vancouver would be sweet.

I guess the NHLPA is bitching about that and pushing for some weird system of top 3 in each conference are automatic, while the last 4 spots are wild-card.

I think the NHL's vision is good. Each Conference will get their own identity as the Divisions did pre-1994. It should build rivalries and establish the NHL as unique. I am sooooooo bored with the 6 divisions, 2 conference format of MLB, NHL, and NFL
    Jason P wrote:

I suppose that makes sense geographically. I feel like Dallas/Winnipeg/Colorado are going to be traveling a lot no matter what, but I suppose the north/south travel has got to be better than what's happening now.

Next!"
    drivingrl wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

I suppose that makes sense geographically. I feel like Dallas/Winnipeg/Colorado are going to be traveling a lot no matter what, but I suppose the north/south travel has got to be better than what's happening now.

I think you'll always have some teams that get to travel more ... Edmonton travels a lot as well, I always wondered why the NHL hasn't embraced the idea playing back to back games in the same city to help reduce travel cost ... I see no disadvantage to this as long as both teams have to.

lukin2006 wrote:
    I think you'll always have some teams that get to travel more ... Edmonton travels a lot as well, I always wondered why the NHL hasn't embraced the idea playing back to back games in the same city to help reduce travel cost ... I see no disadvantage to this as long as both teams have to.
    That notion seems to be working for baseball all right.

Plus, if there was a lot of aggression in a game like last night's Preds / Stars, everyone would be looking forward to the rematch tonight with tensions still high.
    Jason P wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    That notion seems to be working for baseball all right.

Plus, if there was a lot of aggression in a game like last night's Preds / Stars, everyone would be looking forward to the rematch tonight with tensions still high.

My blood pressure can't really handle two straight nights of that, though. :twisted: :(

Also, my eyesight can't handle looking at the Preds' ugly uniforms two nights in a row.

Next!"
    drivingrl wrote:
    My blood pressure can't really handle two straight nights of that, though. :twisted: :(

Also, my eyesight can't handle looking at the Preds' ugly uniforms two nights in a row.
    I can't believe that one dude skated off the ice when he got checked into the bench while the door was still open. :shock:

The Stars opened the door for Nashville at the end of the second with some dumb penalties. Still, it was a fun game to watch.
    so ... what's the consensus!? ... absolutely zero impact from the lockout? ... ratings are high, attendance is high, merch sales are high!?? ... :lol:
    polaris_x wrote:
    so ... what's the consensus!? ... absolutely zero impact from the lockout? ... ratings are high, attendance is high, merch sales are high!?? ... :lol:
    suckers!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjf86E_ARw250iCCMlnjpqLcAq9tuIr6Z3ND8QO-aFFqAYRUpsIA
    Jason P wrote:
    I can't believe that one dude skated off the ice when he got checked into the bench while the door was still open. :shock:

The Stars opened the door for Nashville at the end of the second with some dumb penalties. Still, it was a fun game to watch.

That must've happened in the 3rd period. I passed out on the couch at the end of the 2nd. I'd bet that was Stephane Robidas. :( Poor Stephane. :(

SO many dumb penalties. It is a huge pleasure to watch Jagr, though! #MovesLikeJagr

Next!"