What did you learn this past weekend?

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Are you sure you have the right 81

yeah...the real 81 is a little scary looking :lol:
    :lol:

I've just been waiting to meet Bubbles for so long. It's a bit much for a girl to handle :oops:

yeah, next thing I know, unlost is inviting him back to our room for the night! :shock:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:

yeah, next thing I know, unlost is inviting him back to our room for the night! :shock:
    :lol: Gotta love a bold woman. I want to hear details :mrgreen:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    comeback girl and I are not sure if we actually met over the weekend, but we may have a chance for a do-over at the PJ20 movie on the 23rd in Philly, so that is a good thing
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    How was american idol
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited September 2011
    81 wrote:
    How was american idol

actually not too bad, we had a good time, enjoyed most of it, didn't have to deal with pot smoke, drunk chicks falling over, pushy drunk dudes, etc. and it was close to home, got home by 10:30

I posted a review of it somewhere here

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=147267&p=3895919&hilit=american+idol#p3895919
    Post edited by rick1zoo2 on
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    comeback girl and I are not sure if we actually met over the weekend, but we may have a chance for a do-over at the PJ20 movie on the 23rd in Philly, so that is a good thing
    Can't wait! And this time we will meet pre-margarita so that I can remember :lol:

RKCNDY wrote:

I just hear a passing, "we have a pull out couch! it's ok if he stays in the room right?"
    "sure!" (it IS 81 right?)
    he makes it to the hotel before us, we go up to the room, he steals a pillow from unlost, we all fall asleep around 4/4:30 :?
    then unlost and I are awake and giggling at 9am, and afroannnie texted me to get waffles.
    81 is NOT a morning person. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I just hear a passing, "we have a pull out couch! it's ok if he stays in the room right?"
    he makes it to the hotel before us, we go up to the room, he steals a pillow from unlost, we all fall asleep around 4/4:30 :?
    then unlost and I are awake and giggling at 9am, and afroannnie texted me to get waffles.
    :lol: Next time I'm staying in your room.

mmmmm...waffles :)

I figured for the entire weekend...Thursday 5am till 3pm Monday...I had a total of 18 hours of sleep...so warning, we don't sleep much!

- Christopher McCandless
    we had a suite, didn't realize how big it would be, there was a kitchen and a living room with a sofa bed and a separate bedroom.

I didn't sleep much all weekend either.
  • RKCNDY wrote:

I figured for the entire weekend...Thursday 5am till 3pm Monday...I had a total of 18 hours of sleep...so warning, we don't sleep much!
    I think that was a requirement for the weekend :lol: went to bed at 3:30am on Saturday night...woke up 7am sunday...and since we had to be at the airport at 4am on Monday we didn't sleep again until monday 2pm :shock: I think we'll get along just fine :lol:

RKCNDY wrote:

I think that was a requirement for the weekend :lol: went to bed at 3:30am on Saturday night...woke up 7am sunday...and since we had to be at the airport at 4am on Monday we didn't sleep again until monday 2pm :shock: I think we'll get along just fine :lol:

that sounds about right for me! but if we share a room with any boys, we'll have to get a double suite, so we can stay up late and talk and get up early while they are passed out in the other room. :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • jshin wrote:
    I learned that, every song PJ played was at least one persons piss/beer/whatever break..
    I learned that, attention whores will always be attention whores..
    I learned that, Liam Finn could have been used as a "Charging station"..
    I learned that, you can buy cheese wheels in the Milwaukee airport news stands..

There are no PJ songs that are a good pee break... another good reason to be on the lawn. You go where you are. :shock: :?
    RKCNDY wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

not after 4 hours of bad sleep. :lol: i could have slept till at least noon.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

unlost and I were getting ready to go jump on the hide-a-bed to wake you up...

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

that would have been brutal.

and top it off, the coffee was aweful.

:x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Nothing, but got lots of reinforcements of how great PJ fans are and why I love this band so much! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

that would have been brutal.

and top it off, the coffee was aweful.

:x

there was a starbucks around the corner...but Mr. RK said it was a crappy starbucks.

- Christopher McCandless
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    still try to figure out..that Pink Fuckin Lemonade...
    What do you mean?
    why the fuck is pink??

:lol:
    Because pink is BETTER...drink a tall, cold glass of that stuff on a 100 degree day, and you'll see what I mean...
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I haven't had pink lemonade in a long time, it's soooo gooood.
  • RKCNDY wrote:

that sounds about right for me! but if we share a room with any boys, we'll have to get a double suite, so we can stay up late and talk and get up early while they are passed out in the other room. :lol:
    Good plan! Cause I had to force mr. cbg out of bed every morning too. boys :roll:

• That I should listen to my PJ friends when the say..."You should just come along! I'm sure you can crash somewhere...Just come with!!!"

DAMN IT!!!! One of the biggest regrets of my life!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    RKCNDY wrote:
    there was a starbucks around the corner...but Mr. RK said it was a crappy starbucks.

i ended up getting a pepsi at taco bell. that helped out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    That I should listen to my PJ friends when the say..."You should just come along! I'm sure you can crash somewhere...Just come with!!!"

should have come. good times.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:

Good plan! Cause I had to force mr. cbg out of bed every morning too. boys :roll:

after not sleeping great friday night in anticipation of the weekend, and than going to bed at 4:30...there is no reason anybody should be up at 9am the next day.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

after not sleeping great friday night in anticipation of the weekend, and than going to bed at 4:30...there is no reason anybody should be up at 9am the next day.
    agreed.
  • 81 wrote:
    That I should listen to my PJ friends when the say..."You should just come along! I'm sure you can crash somewhere...Just come with!!!"

should have come. good times.

Great :|
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    RKCNDY wrote:

boys are such crabs if they don't get enough sleep. :? boys room and girls rooms are a great idea. :D And you know cbg...we dont' travel apart anymore. :lol:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

true, but I was up at 8. Had to wizz real bad. Then couldn't go back to sleep. Then there was the sound of kids in the pool. Who goes in the pool at 9am when its 60 degrees out? Is that a Wisconsin thing?
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

true, but I was up at 8. Had to wizz real bad. Then couldn't go back to sleep. Then there was the sound of kids in the pool. Who goes in the pool at 9am when its 60 degrees out? Is that a Wisconsin thing?

it's a kid thing I guess. There was some kid's party at out hotel on Saturday...all weekend, starting at 7am, I'd keep hearing a door slam on our floor. :x Don't people have respect for others that have been partying all night long?!?!

- Christopher McCandless