What did you learn this past weekend?

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    afroannnie wrote:

I think it was the lady in the muumuu..perhaps we should all where muumuus on the next tour...muumuus and beer can hats! That would be an amazing combination! :D

You guys had a waffle maker at the Super 8 too? That's the only reason booked the Comfort Suites...well that and well stocked convenience store :lol:

then this:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9GnxY-Sw53C1HyT8nN3oBplpo4Shp2nJc093xx_TFtD1hy5sS

or this:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0au8KU71znirCH4PXTP9PR6vcs-u_D-hsRqSTVCirtgLnyulNfw
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

I think it was the lady in the muumuu..perhaps we should all where muumuus on the next tour...muumuus and beer can hats! That would be an amazing combination! :D

You guys had a waffle maker at the Super 8 too? That's the only reason booked the Comfort Suites...well that and well stocked convenience store :lol:

then this:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9GnxY-Sw53C1HyT8nN3oBplpo4Shp2nJc093xx_TFtD1hy5sS

or this:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0au8KU71znirCH4PXTP9PR6vcs-u_D-hsRqSTVCirtgLnyulNfw

or this:

HomerSimpsonMuumuu.jpg
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RKCNDY wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I learned that:

it was worth making the trip after all

Wisconsin has weird weather - it was completely different each of the three days we were there - Friday hot and sticky, Saturday rain all day, Sunday brrr cold.

Cheese curds were actually not that bad.

Whipped cream apparently is not just for strawberry shortcake

There are some really cool people here that I am glad I met

:x
    I missed cheese curds! and cheese whips that someone else was talking about!...looked for them at the piggly wiggly, and there were none to be found.

yes, the weather WAS very strange

and yes, DS1119, even though sometimes you make me want to punch you in the fudd, the charging station was cool. My portable charger died, and had to run to the station so I could text my group to meet in the same place.

oh, and I should really wear ugly shoes if I'm ever at Alpine again and it's raining...my poor doc martens that I have had for 10 years... :(

I didn't see this before. You want to punch ME in the fudd?? :o
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

and yes, DS1119, even though sometimes you make me want to punch you in the fudd, the charging station was cool. My portable charger died, and had to run to the station so I could text my group to meet in the same place.

sometimes is the key word...sometimes...you were being a whiny candy ass about the charging stations...yes/no? ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

sometimes is the key word...sometimes...you were being a whiny candy ass about the charging stations...yes/no? ;)

No. It was a nice thing for the Ten Club to do and some members benefited. cough like you cough cough. :P
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    1. I should have joined 10c BEFORE PJ20 so that I could have gotten to know and met some of you.
    2. We shouldn't have skipped the pre-party.
    3. Carrying an extra poncho and letting people sit on it under the 10c tent = free $13 beer!
    4. Hanging out with my boyfriend to catch a weekend full of music and PJ was amazing!
    5. Wisconsin doesn't sell alcohol after 9...so spontaneous trips to IL are necessary.
    6. I have amazing boobs (according to the drunk guy I passed on my way to the bathroom on night 1)
    7. PJ is amazing live!
    8. People can be so high and drunk that they focus only on the PJ flags hanging around the venue rather than the acts on stage (the guy in front of me on night 1 must have taken a million pictures of the little PJ flags/banners)...before he was practically falling down and needing to be held up by his girlfriend (who he was forcing to smoke with him).
    9. Joey and I can be so tired that we fall asleep while in a line of cars waiting to leave the venue.
    10. Getting in the merch line early was a great idea...
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    was I there?
  • F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne Posts: 1,462
    1. I should have joined 10c BEFORE PJ20 so that I could have gotten to know and met some of you.
    3. Carrying an extra poncho and letting people sit on it under the 10c tent = free $13 beer!
    4. Hanging out with my boyfriend to catch a weekend full of music and PJ was amazing!
    5. Wisconsin doesn't sell alcohol after 9...so spontaneous trips to IL are necessary.
    6. I have amazing boobs (according to the drunk guy I passed on my way to the bathroom on night 1)
    7. PJ is amazing live!
    8. People can be so high and drunk that they focus only on the PJ flags hanging around the venue rather than the acts on stage (the guy in front of me on night 1 must have taken a million pictures of the little PJ flags/banners)...before he was practically falling down and needing to be held up by his girlfriend (who he was forcing to smoke with him).
    9. Joey and I can be so tired that we fall asleep while in a line of cars waiting to leave the venue.

Re: #6
    PM some photos? :lol:
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    was I there?

I have pics of you at the pre-party...and tailgate too...not sure if you ever made it in

Did we ever figure out who the couple in the car next to the tailgate was? I mean, they were steaming up the windows pretty good...I wanna make sure that car gets new shocks.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    was I there?

I have pics of you at the pre-party...and tailgate too...not sure if you ever made it in

Did we ever figure out who the couple in the car next to the tailgate was? I mean, they were steaming up the windows pretty good...I wanna make sure that car gets new shocks.

i'm bummed i missed that. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    was I there?

Did you take any pictures of this?? :shock:
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    RKCNDY wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    was I there?

cav and leeze?
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    was I there?

i would have.....if somebody would have told me about it. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    7. PJ is amazing live!

Re: #6
    PM some photos? :lol:

Knew that one was coming! :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    was I there?

Pics...or it didn't happen ;)
    conman wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    was I there?

cav and leeze?

:lol::lol::lol:

I swear 81 was the one that told me...guess he was pretty lit by then.

- Christopher McCandless
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    was I there?

i'm bummed i missed that. :x

I think I missed that too... :? I was probably busy trying to get the whipped cream out of my nose! :evil: :lol:
    afroannnie wrote:
    I think I missed that too... :? I was probably busy trying to get the whipped cream out of my nose! :evil: :lol:

you didn't say whoa
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

you didn't say whoa

:lol: I wouldn't have to say "whoa" if you just got it in my mouth!

that sounds really bad...but I mean the whipped cream!
    afroannnie wrote:
    :shock: :lol:
    afroannnie wrote:
    81 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

you didn't say whoa

that sounds really bad...but I mean the whipped cream!

81 did seem to enjoy getting cream all over all the girls' faces...

- Christopher McCandless
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    RKCNDY wrote:

:lol:
    the girls semmed to enjoy it too :P
    RKCNDY wrote:

yes he did...maybe a little too much... :lol:
    RKCNDY wrote:

:shh:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    in fairness......by the time the whip cream had arrived....i was pretty loopy and would have failed a field sobreity test.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:
    :shock: :lol:
    conman wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

you do make a good point.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    conman wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    was I there?

cav and leeze?

:lol: Nope, that wasn't us. Maybe we'll be steaming some car windows at PJ21 8-):lol:
    81 wrote:
    conman wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

you do make a good point.

well, maybe just a little... :shh:
  • peanuts make be horny all day...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”