What did you learn this past weekend?

Comments

• of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    RKCNDY wrote:
    if I didn't say it before...I learned that I need to wear cheap ugly shoes that I don't care about. I did see several girls in wellies, I couldn't do it...those things get awfully hot after a few hours!

I had some wellies on...and if you have a good pair of socks and liners on in them...they aren't hot at all. Just the perfect amount of warm. :lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

I learned that RCKNDY has a standard when it comes to shoes: They must show off her magnificently-decorated toenails.

I also learned that Mr. RCKNDY, being from Montana, can pull off crocs. He can even pull off crocs-with-socks. Because nobody messes with a man from Montana! ;)

:? that wasn't Mr. RK-I was making fun of a ratfuck at the airport....
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    sheila0225 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    if I didn't say it before...I learned that I need to wear cheap ugly shoes that I don't care about. I did see several girls in wellies, I couldn't do it...those things get awfully hot after a few hours!

I had some wellies on...and if you have a good pair of socks and liners on in them...they aren't hot at all. Just the perfect amount of warm. :lol:

I may have to try that...but I am also the kind of person who hates wearing socks. The two of them together is almost like torture. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i learned that women really love to talk about shoes :P
  • I learned that when driving in WI, you need to stay in the middle lane. If you are in the left-most or right-most lane, you end up inadvertently taking an exit or swerving quickly to avoid taking an exit. :)
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    I learned that sometimes you come home with bruises and you're not sure where they came from...I still have a huge bluish-green one on the top of my foot...perhaps flip-flops weren't the best choice....but if I don't wear flip flops then how am I supposed to get the cow shit all over my feet?

did you get your lepto/giardia test yet? :lol:

:lol: Not yet..we don't have those tests at work..but you will be glad to know that I swabbed my feet and it looks like they're negative for Chlamydia & Gonorrhea! :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • I also learned that if you attend an outdoor show, and it is raining..

many, many fans will converge into the (empty) rainboot aisle at the local walmart :lol:
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    i learned that 99% of the people/fans on this board are amazing people! :D

but that other 1% is about 40-50 years old, drinks way too much Natty Light & likes to scream, push people & pass out on the lawn halfway through the QOTSA set. :lol:

i learned that the Super 8 uses shitty pillows.

i learned that playing in front of 1000+ people is a fucking blast!

i learned that my wife was more prepared than i was for this trip when it came to clothes.

i learned that Spotted Cow is tasty.

i learned that sharing a car ride & hotel room with 2 of our best friends is a blast.

i learned that i love this band even more than i realized.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 81 wrote:
    hanging with friends on the lawn is better than sitting with strangers up close. some will disagree.

Agree!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    81 wrote:
    hanging with friends on the lawn is better than sitting with strangers up close. some will disagree.

Aw hey yeah!! Especially when they're as awesome as I am :D It's so true though, Sat we got lucky with some awesome people to the right of us, but the people to the left of us were such curmudgeons! Sunday on the lawn, hanging with people that 'get it', I got to totally lose myself in it and enjoy every minute.

I got an email from my sister this morning saying that she never wants me to go to a PJ show without her again, she's totally hooked now...PJ buddy for life! Woo!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    so she is ditching "her guy"? :lol:

poor fellow

i only say this because i don't believe he is a 10c member...although AJ is.

did we ever find out what happened to AJ? guess i could text him to see if he is alive.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    81 wrote:
    so she is ditching "her guy"? :lol:

poor fellow

i only say this because i don't believe he is a 10c member...although AJ is.

did we ever find out what happened to AJ? guess i could text him to see if he is alive.

Well he lives in South Carolina, she lives in Illinois...you know. He's not a 10C member, but he loved the shit outta Red Mosquito, that's for sure! We found AJ at the top of the lawn right after the show, he was the last one in the museum and was stoked to have gotten in. I felt bad that he had to watch that set by himself!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    i learned that Spotted Cow is tasty.
    Me too, I asked my waitress if it was a cow with spots or a cow that had been seen.. :lol:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    i learned that i love this band even more than i realized.
    ME TOO :shock:
    When I was younger, I would see cool bands and wish I was one of the band members living the rock star dream.
    With PJ, I was completely content soaking it all in, loving every song.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • myramyra Posts: 1,257
    Leeze wrote:

I also learned that next time I will need to tailgate. Sop bummed that I missed out on so many of you there :(

Oh me too :cry: . There were so many people I wanted to meet and didn't :( . But then again, I met so many awesome people :D Awwww, I miss you guys so much ... I want to do it all over again ! It really should have been a week-long thing !
    I also learned that BOA really sucks because before I left I checked my account and had plenty of cash-o-la, and then apparently $300 worth of transactions went thru on Friday, so I didn't have as much fun money as I planned for at PJ20. :(

stupid banks. :evil:

- Christopher McCandless
    fuck BOA....fuck banks

gf lost my 5/3rd card.....

$10 bucks to replace it....fuck that.

now i can't log in to look at my balance because my number is tied to the card that was cancelled.

they give me a 87 digit number to log in. it doesn't work.....

fuck them, i'm closing it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • myramyra Posts: 1,257
    mfc2006 wrote:

i learned that the Super 8 uses super shitty pillows.

fixed ;)
    Can't remember, I didn't sleep, I passed out :lol: Although, I seem to recall having seen quite a lot of those hanging from door handles :

6127816051_a63bb0a1a2_m.jpg
    81 wrote:
    fuck BOA....fuck banks

now i can't log in to look at my balance because my number is tied to the card that was cancelled.

:o :shock:

$10 to replace a card?!?!

can she get her own card? :?

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    fuck BOA....fuck banks

:o :shock:

$10 to replace a card?!?!

can she get her own card? :?

no. :lol: the account in question is mine. i gave her my card to use for something.

she has her own account with her own card that isn't tied to mine.

:roll:

it costs them less than a dollar to print up card. fuck them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

no. :lol: the account in question is mine. i gave her my card to use for something.

quit giving her your card=problem solved :lol:

try to go to a credit union...they don't have all the stupid fees

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

quit giving her your card=problem solved :lol:

try to go to a credit union...they don't have all the stupid fees

long story...i used 5/3rd when i refi'd my truck...it's been paid off for a few years. my truck payment was still going to 5/3rd and we used it that money for vacation, or whatever...

main account is credit union. just had HR send all the money to the CU account. i'll be closing the 5/3rd sat.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    I was avoiding you :shifty: ;):lol:

And Ziggy - I saw a bunch of the other bands - Liam Finn, Glen Hansard, Mudhoney, QOTSA, and the Strokes...both days...Tim is such a music dork :roll: :lol:

Nah, only people that know me avoid me :D I was hoping to meet message board stars such as yourself, also this 81 guy seems pretty cool with a good sense of humor based solely from the posts, of course Dimi, RKCNDY, and Ziggy seems cool. I just got to 1000 posts last months, so I suppose I don't post that much but always enjoy reading these persons posts. But keeping up the mystery is a good thing sometimes :?
  • marcos wrote:
    I was avoiding you :shifty: ;):lol:

And Ziggy - I saw a bunch of the other bands - Liam Finn, Glen Hansard, Mudhoney, QOTSA, and the Strokes...both days...Tim is such a music dork :roll: :lol:

Nah, only people that know me avoid me :D I was hoping to meet message board stars such as yourself, also this 81 guy seems pretty cool with a good sense of humor based solely from the posts, of course Dimi, RKCNDY, and Ziggy seems cool. I just got to 1000 posts last months, so I suppose I don't post that much but always enjoy reading these persons posts. But keeping up the mystery is a good thing sometimes :?
    :lol:

I got to meet a bunch of cool people, but not as many as I had hoped. I recognized 81 right away. Looks EXACTLY like that bubbles pic *sigh* :oops:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    :shock: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    :shock: :lol:
    Why did you think I raced right over to you? Rain and all. Nothing can keep me from Bubbles!

Run over? You were tucked in behind the truck fender
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Run over? You were tucked in behind the truck fender
    :lol: Well it was pouring...and Bubbles is intimidating in real life :? :lol:

Are you sure you have the right 81
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

yeah...the real 81 is a little scary looking :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

yeah...the real 81 is a little scary looking :lol:
    :lol:

I've just been waiting to meet Bubbles for so long. It's a bit much for a girl to handle :oops: