What did you learn this past weekend?

Comments

• 81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

that sounds about right for me! but if we share a room with any boys, we'll have to get a double suite, so we can stay up late and talk and get up early while they are passed out in the other room. :lol:
    Good plan! Cause I had to force mr. cbg out of bed every morning too. boys :roll:

after not sleeping great friday night in anticipation of the weekend, and than going to bed at 4:30...there is no reason anybody should be up at 9am the next day.
    I added it up and from 2am on friday morning to 2pm on monday afternoon I slept a total of 12 hours :shock: who the hell needs to sleep in till 9am??? Get your ass out of bed by 7! :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • sheila0225 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

that sounds about right for me! but if we share a room with any boys, we'll have to get a double suite, so we can stay up late and talk and get up early while they are passed out in the other room. :lol:
    Good plan! Cause I had to force mr. cbg out of bed every morning too. boys :roll:

boys are such crabs if they don't get enough sleep. :? boys room and girls rooms are a great idea. :D And you know cbg...we dont' travel apart anymore. :lol:
    Tim kept randomly falling asleep all weekend :lol: Would have missed our flight if I was relying on him. Exactly...wherever you go, you better take me with you :D

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Piggly Wiggly
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Piggly Wiggly

they had some awesome 'homemade' cookies...had to leave them at the hotel, I didn't have any room in my bags.

also looked for cheese curds and cheese whips...none to be found. :(
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Piggly Wiggly

they had some awesome 'homemade' cookies...had to leave them at the hotel, I didn't have any room in my bags.

been there, done that, got the t-shirt
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    RKCNDY wrote:

No cheese whips at the Pig?!! That's blasphemous! The next time I cross the border I'll FedEx some to you :D
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    sheila0225 wrote:

boys are such crabs if they don't get enough sleep. :? boys room and girls rooms are a great idea. :D And you know cbg...we dont' travel apart anymore. :lol:
    Tim kept randomly falling asleep all weekend :lol: Would have missed our flight if I was relying on him. Exactly...wherever you go, you better take me with you :D

It's a plan cbg!! We go in pairs now. :lol: except we aren't bringing the boys. :lol:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

No cheese whips at the Pig?!! That's blasphemous! The next time I cross the border I'll FedEx some to you :D

that would make my day! :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Driving in from the airport, I asked my carload of people- 2 from mass, one from toronto, once from long island- if they knew what piggly wiggly was.

The only response I got was "can you eat it?"
    All I thought of was deep fried pig's tail. Don't know why either.

And then, in reference to the Culver's sign, "whats butter burger frozen custard? Is it good?"

I was laughing hysterically at both topics.... it may have just been the grass though.
  • sheila0225 wrote:
    It's a plan cbg!! We go in pairs now. :lol: except we aren't bringing the boys. :lol:
    good thinking! they would just slow us down :lol:

• of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    sheila0225 wrote:
    good thinking! they would just slow us down :lol:

EXACTLY!!! :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

psst...they have a piggly wiggley in IL.....it's over in the eastern part of lake county. maybe indifference71 can run over after work and pick up some goodies.

speaking of 71...i wonder if he has a Pearl Jam sticker on his ride....he's suppose to be over at gameworks today.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Four things I learned over the PJ20 weekend:

1. It's really easy to sneak into the tour at the Lakefront Brewery and catch a free buzz. :D

2. I like cheese curds.

3. WalMart does not sell beer in Wisconsin.

4. Stores do not sell beer after 9:00PM. :wtf:

I also just realized that three of the four things I learned last weekend involved beer so I guess I learned five things. :lol:
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    RKCNDY wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Piggly Wiggly

I still need to try chese curds. I liked that we could get brockly wockily from the Piggly Wiggly...
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    Isn't the Piggly Wiggly the store the Griswolds won their European vacation from...Pig in a Poke or some shit like that??
    DS1119 wrote:
    Isn't the Piggly Wiggly the store the Griswolds won their European vacation from...Pig in a Poke or some shit like that??

http://legacy.decaturdaily.com/decaturd ... heft.shtml
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:

the pig looked like safeway...and I guess in Delavan, the county ordinance said you had to buy your beer/liquor at a liquor store. But the Pig had it's own attached liquor store.

oh I also learned that a pack of smokes is a dollar cheaper at the gas station than at the piggly wiggly.
    afroannnie wrote:

I still need to try chese curds. I liked that we could get brockly wockily from the Piggly Wiggly...

I was surprised they didn't have nookie cookies.... :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    the Piggly Wiggly is the store hoke was trying to drive miss daisy to

00123016_.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    81 wrote:

speaking of 71...i wonder if he has a Pearl Jam sticker on his ride....he's suppose to be over at gameworks today.

I say we stalk him! :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

I was surprised they didn't have nookie cookies.... :lol:

:lol: That would have been awesome!

Now that I have visited the Piggly Wiggly...I also want to go to the Ziggy Pig Restaurant...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsBrd3u1JZw
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I say we stalk him! :lol:

i'll be there in 20....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

http://legacy.decaturdaily.com/decaturd ... heft.shtml

Did you pull this article from obscurenewsmonthly.com? :lol:
    I learned that RKCNDY's waffle making skills are much better than mine...and that my waffle making skills suffer greatly when I have a 75-year old woman standing behind me saying "Looks like you're having trouble there. Can you get it out?"
    afroannnie wrote:
    75-year old woman standing behind me saying "Looks like you're having trouble there. Can you get it out?"

that's what she said.......

:mrgreen:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,755
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    75-year old woman standing behind me saying "Looks like you're having trouble there. Can you get it up?"

Cmon dude :? :?

fixed :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    75-year old woman standing behind me saying "Looks like you're having trouble there. Can you get it up?"

Cmon dude :? :?

fixed :mrgreen:

:lol::lol:
    afroannnie wrote:
    I learned that RKCNDY's waffle making skills are much better than mine...and that my waffle making skills suffer greatly when I have a 75-year old woman standing behind me saying "Looks like you're having trouble there. Can you get it out?"

I love my waffles!

Was that the lady in the hideous muumuu?

- Christopher McCandless
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

I love my waffles!

if it makes you feel any better, i burned the living hell out of my waffles @ the Super 8! :lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

I love my waffles!

if it makes you feel any better, i burned the living hell out of my waffles @ the Super 8! :lol:

you didn't have a timer that screams at you to take it out?

(yes rick, 'that's what she said' ;) )

- Christopher McCandless
    mfc2006 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

I love my waffles!

I think it was the lady in the muumuu..perhaps we should all where muumuus on the next tour...muumuus and beer can hats! That would be an amazing combination! :D

You guys had a waffle maker at the Super 8 too? That's the only reason booked the Comfort Suites...well that and well stocked convenience store :lol: