What did you learn this past weekend?

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    The music was really loud

sorry about that.

:lol::lol: Not complaining! I had a blast. I was krumping the entire time. Loved the loud music!

you're so ghetto. :lol: krumping :lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    81 wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    81 wrote:

but think about it....would you rather miss a dozen people and meet a bunch or miss everyone

hmmm hmmm

yeah, i thought so

Meh....I don't really care that much about meeting any of you! :lol:;)

Sure it would have been fun....but worth the $5,000+ grand to go there? No. I think I'd prefer to spend a few grand and see normal PJ shows in the States in say NY....not a festival setting....in WI.

what's airfare run? or does that include mr. ziggy

$1,700 or so. Plus tickets, accommodation, transport, food, alcohol, weed, and doing a bit of travelling while I'm over there to at least NY (as if I'm going all that way and only visiting WI!), it would EASILY add up to $5,000....not including Mr Ziggy.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    norm wrote:

we would have a had a blast :mrgreen:

Ohhhh WE would have had soooooooo much fun!! :lol:
    norm wrote:
    but yeah, the cost was too much....but the isolated location did seem to make socializing with follow fans more abundant...since there fuck-all to do out there mind as well get drunk with fans! :P :mrgreen:

You didn't go either, did you?

Did anyone watch the other bands? NO ONE has mentioned ANYTHING about the other bands except one person on FB said they watched Liam Finn.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

Did anyone watch the other bands? NO ONE has mentioned ANYTHING about the other bands except one person on FB said they watched Liam Finn.

I really, really enjoyed qotsa on both nights :D Mudhoney I only heard at night 1, cause I will be seeing them again in Toronto and wanted to got to the museum, but they were amazing. Even the Strokes weren't too bad ...

I also learned that next time I will need to tailgate. Sop bummed that I missed out on so many of you there :(
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    RKCNDY wrote:
    megatron wrote:
    to take the stairs down the hill from the 10club tent. i busted it good.

you were the one that brought the fence down? :lol:

haha no i wish just for the story. i just fell hard but pulled out of a nice ass slide to a crowd of people leaving that all went "OHHHHHHHHHHHHH....ehhhhh". i guess they were pissed i didn't fully eat it :lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I watched Joseph Arthur and Jeff, Matt and Mike came out to play a few songs with him...that was awesome!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Leeze wrote:

I really, really enjoyed qotsa on both nights :D Mudhoney I only heard at night 1, cause I will be seeing them again in Toronto and wanted to got to the museum, but they were amazing. Even the Strokes weren't too bad ...

I also learned that next time I will need to tailgate. Sop bummed that I missed out on so many of you there :(

Yay! Someone saw some other bands! haha How were Mudhoney?

I've seen comments from a few people saying they realllllly wished they tailgated because they didn't get to see anyone. You'll know next time for PJ40, huh? ;)
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    81 wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

:lol::lol: Not complaining! I had a blast. I was krumping the entire time. Loved the loud music!

I can't believe I didn't challenge you to a battle! Next time. I love me some krumpin'. Truth.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

I can't believe I didn't challenge you to a battle! Next time. I love me some krumpin'. Truth.
    word.
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    conman wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

word.

Come Bridge School I'll teach you all about getting hyphy. Krump ain't got shit on hyphy. West West Y'all...
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • marcos wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Naaaawwww!! :lol:

A lot of people said they didn't get the chance to catch up with hardly any people they were supposed to catch up with....no phone reception etc. I would have been disappointed if I went thinking I'd meet up with all my PJ friends and then only met up with say....YOU! ;):mrgreen: My problem is that I have TOO many PJ friends from too many different groups. Ahhhh it's hard being so popular! :lol:

Yeah, the reception sucked once I got to my seats and was a little disappointed I didn't catch up with certain people but I met some really cool new people so I suppose it evened out in a way. I didn't see any of my Philly people the whole weekend, I'm certain I wasn't the only Philly person there, maybe they were hiding from me, smart move :D
    I was avoiding you :shifty: ;):lol:

And Ziggy - I saw a bunch of the other bands - Liam Finn, Glen Hansard, Mudhoney, QOTSA, and the Strokes...both days...Tim is such a music dork :roll: :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    norm wrote:

we would have a had a blast :mrgreen:

Ohhhh WE would have had soooooooo much fun!! :lol:
    norm wrote:
    but yeah, the cost was too much....but the isolated location did seem to make socializing with follow fans more abundant...since there fuck-all to do out there mind as well get drunk with fans! :P :mrgreen:

no i didn't :(
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    conman wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

word.

Come Bridge School I'll teach you all about getting hyphy. Krump ain't got shit on hyphy. West West Y'all...

you should go conman....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    81 wrote:

you should go conman....[/quote]
    when is bridge school? :oops:
  • still try to figure out..that Pink Fuckin Lemonade...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    What do you mean?
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    still try to figure out..that Pink Fuckin Lemonade...

why now you not getting Pink f'ng lemonade?
    What do you mean?
    why the fuck is pink??
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    still try to figure out..that Pink Fuckin Lemonade...
    What do you mean?
    why the fuck is pink??

google and wikipedia is your friend:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemonade#Pink_lemonade
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    RYEzupSF wrote:

I don't understand a word you just said there.

It's like when I met Thrilla, and he said, "Oy entangu mot' not Eeeeelllo gabot!"

And I went, "Yeah!"

He sounded nothing like Colin Firth. I was quite disappointed.
    :lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    RKCNDY wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I watched Joseph Arthur and Jeff, Matt and Mike came out to play a few songs with him...that was awesome!

Glen's set on sunday was awesome too! I need to see him more often!

I thought the festival was set up perfectly...saturday :plenty of time to tailgate...sunday: go in early to catch the side stages & opening acts :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    edited September 2011
    I learned that sometimes you come home with bruises and you're not sure where they came from...I still have a huge bluish-green one on the top of my foot...perhaps flip-flops weren't the best choice....but if I don't wear flip flops then how am I supposed to get the cow shit all over my feet?
    Post edited by afroannnie on
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    That I'm not disappointed that I missed PJ20

Yeah yeah you didn't miss much except meeting some of the best fans that post here these people suck :P oh and seeing the best fucking band back to back nights you would of hated it :P and you def would not enjoy walking in cow shit ... :oops:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Yeah yeah you didn't miss much except meeting some of the best fans that post here these people suck :P oh and seeing the best fucking band back to back nights you would of hated it :P and you def would not enjoy walking in cow shit ... :oops:

I didn't say I would have hated it or not enjoyed myself....I said I'm not disappointed or regretting it. There is a difference.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I didn't say I would have hated it or not enjoyed myself....I said I'm not disappointed or regretting it. There is a difference.

Just messing with you .....you know i have to get under your skin

Reow reow!!! :mrgreen:

And I knew you were messing with me....it would have been great to meet you all....no doubt about it....but I'll meet YOU in New York one day soon. 8-)
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

Reow reow!!! :mrgreen:

And I knew you were messing with me....it would have been great to meet you all....no doubt about it....but I'll meet YOU in New York one day soon. 8-)

8-) Ok so back to topic , just thought of it now why the house i was staying at smelled like dong :lol::lol: all those muddy cow shit filled shoes in the door way :x
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Sitting it out is no fun :(

but life goes on! :D
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    afroannnie wrote:
    I learned that sometimes you come home with bruises and you're not sure where they came from...I still have a huge bluish-green one on the top of my foot...perhaps flip-flops weren't the best choice....but if I don't wear flip flops then how am I supposed to get the cow shit all over my feet?

did you get your lepto/giardia test yet? :lol:

if I didn't say it before...I learned that I need to wear cheap ugly shoes that I don't care about. I did see several girls in wellies, I couldn't do it...those things get awfully hot after a few hours!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

did you get your lepto/giardia test yet? :lol:

if I didn't say it before...I learned that I need to wear cheap ugly shoes that I don't care about. I did see several girls in wellies, I couldn't do it...those things get awfully hot after a few hours!

I learned that RCKNDY has a standard when it comes to shoes: They must show off her magnificently-decorated toenails.

I also learned that Mr. RCKNDY, being from Montana, can pull off crocs. He can even pull off crocs-with-socks. Because nobody messes with a man from Montana! ;)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)