Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    nice
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    81 wrote:
    people still get thier internet from cable companies. :shock: :lol:

Take it easy there Mr. Technology. We don't need to start talking about your TV situation. :lol::lol:
    81 wrote:
    people still get thier internet from cable companies. :shock: :lol:

Take it easy there Mr. Technology. We don't need to start talking about your TV situation. :lol::lol:

:lol:

well done. you would have loved our hotel room in st louis. two ~40inch flat screens.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 and i are still rocking our 32" tube tv's and are none the worse for it! :mrgreen:
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    81 wrote:

well done. you would have loved our hotel room in st louis. two ~40inch flat screens.

Most hotels even have flatscreens these days! Even shitty hotels..
    norm wrote:
    81 and i are still rocking our 32" tube tv's and are none the worse for it! :mrgreen:

you tell him norm. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Most hotels even have flatscreens these days! Even shitty hotels..

:lol: i know. they always look nice too. until you go to the store and see the price tag. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I'm confused about the cell phone internet. When we priced it through our provider, Verizon, it was insanely high. Also, you are limit as to how much you can use it each month. I told them that we did Netflix and they said that it probably wouldn't allow us with gigs or whatever to stream all the Netflix that we wanted. They told us it was mainly meant for just checking in on email, Facebook, and some basic we surfing. We do not have smartphones, and I really do not think we are missing out. I have an iPod touch that goes with me everywhere I go and I can connect to wifi almost anywhere, for free. Plus, my cell phone is an awesome Casio that is built to military specs and is outdoors friendly (has a lot of extras for those who spend a lot of time outdoors, including a compass, flashlight, tracks stars, tides, the sunrise, and so on...), it has had a cup of coffee on it and it is still kicking. So, I'm not a fan of fragile smartphones that would run our cell phone bill up an extra $60 each month. ....Sorry, I kind of got off topic. My point is, am I missing something? How are you guys getting unlimited internet from your cell phone providers that is cheaper than what most of us get from our cable/phone providers? Our home internet runs about $40 each month, including insurance and taxes.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    My point is, am I missing something? How are you guys getting unlimited internet from your cell phone providers that is cheaper than what most of us get from our cable/phone providers? Our home internet runs about $40 each month, including insurance and taxes.

Sprint currently has unlimited data for all customers, as do Verizon and AT&T customers who are grandfathered in from old plans. Smartphones can also be "rooted" so your phone can turn into a mobile hotspot without paying the extra fee, although I don't think this would solve the data limitations for non Sprint new customers. I'm currently paying an extra $30 on top of my voice/text plan on my smart phone through Verizon for the 3G coverage, but I don't use it as a hotspot. Verizon and AT&T slow down your data speeds when you use a lot, so if you are a heavy user due to Netflix and other online activity, I Would think cable is still the way to go. I have a tv/internet/phone bundle for my home internet/tv needs.

Some people think that cable internet may eventually end up being tiered rather than unlimited due to the high bandwidth people are now using. Then again, maybe not if they want to stay competitive with the people switching the smart phone tethering.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    I'm confused about the cell phone internet. When we priced it through our provider, Verizon, it was insanely high. Also, you are limit as to how much you can use it each month. I told them that we did Netflix and they said that it probably wouldn't allow us with gigs or whatever to stream all the Netflix that we wanted. They told us it was mainly meant for just checking in on email, Facebook, and some basic we surfing. We do not have smartphones, and I really do not think we are missing out. I have an iPod touch that goes with me everywhere I go and I can connect to wifi almost anywhere, for free. Plus, my cell phone is an awesome Casio that is built to military specs and is outdoors friendly (has a lot of extras for those who spend a lot of time outdoors, including a compass, flashlight, tracks stars, tides, the sunrise, and so on...), it has had a cup of coffee on it and it is still kicking. So, I'm not a fan of fragile smartphones that would run our cell phone bill up an extra $60 each month. ....Sorry, I kind of got off topic. My point is, am I missing something? How are you guys getting unlimited internet from your cell phone providers that is cheaper than what most of us get from our cable/phone providers? Our home internet runs about $40 each month, including insurance and taxes.

i have sprint...it is unlimited. i use my cell for 100% of my peronal intnernet access. they currently use clear's 4g wifi system.

we have two EVO's that cost 157.7 per month. our internet bill is zero. before we were paying 60-70 for cable internet plus our cell phone costs. in total it's a little higher now, but LOVE the mobile internet

as far as fragile phone...casio makes a 3g smartphone. but so far, neiter the woman or i have dropped our phones. and if we do, used one's can be had on ebay for a little over 100 bucks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    1838598895.png

not bad for a cell phone
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Just browsed through NetfLix and as usual that have shit. Why do I keep paying 8 bucks a month for this. :? :fp:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:
    Just browsed through NetfLix and as usual that have shit. Why do I keep paying 8 bucks a month for this. :? :fp:

OK. They have episodes of 2M2MM. I guess I'll keep them for another month. :lol:
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    DS1119 wrote:

Yeah, there's no decent movies on streaming; if it wasn't for all the Star Trek series, and X Files, I'd probably give it up. They need to put everything on streaming. When I bring a DVD, by the time it gets here I'd rather watch something else.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I just sent back the latest DVD. We have only had it since March 6
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

:fp: :lol:

cancel
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

:fp: :lol:

cancel

oh no, no, no.....got too many good flicks in the que
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Anybody know how to find release dates on the streaming Netflix? They don't have too much good new stuff, and I'm trying to hold out for Breaking bad season 4 or Mad Men season 5.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)