Comments

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    We only have streaming in Canada.

...for the 7 movies available, anyways.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    340x.jpg

Some perspective
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    stickfig13 wrote:
    340x.jpg

Some perspective

This isn't perspective, nor the reason. I guarantee they're doing this so customers DO drop their dvd plans so they can prove to investors that streaming only is the way to go, which will inevitably happen. They'll price gouge the dvd/stream combo so that it makes more sense just to have the streaming. Then, it makes the price for streaming-only to make sense, in turn, eradicating dvd's from their service.
    You people are acting as if cheap Netflix is some how your right as a loyal customer. Go compare the offerings of cable/satellite companies prices. Showtime alone is $12 a month! I think that $16 a month a perfectly acceptable to pay for unlimited Blu Ray and streaming (which has nowhere to go but up). Stop thinking the "man" is out to get you with his evil price hikes.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    stickfig13 wrote:
    You people are acting as if cheap Netflix is some how your right as a loyal customer. Go compare the offerings of cable/satellite companies prices. Showtime alone is $12 a month! I think that $16 a month a perfectly acceptable to pay for unlimited Blu Ray and streaming (which has nowhere to go but up). Stop thinking the "man" is out to get you with his evil price hikes.

This actually made me laugh.

I don't have a right, it's entertainment, I get it. You're a weirdo. Why do you keep coming in this thread if it bothers you so much? It's funny because it seems to get you so worked up.

I don't see a problem with anyone venting about it.

Ooooo the man! Who even uses that term anymore?

Makes sense, JearlPam, about them trying to eradicate dvd rentals and have people keep streaming only. It would be cheaper for them. I didn't think of that aspect.

Since it is my right to stream....hehe I kid!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    stickfig13 wrote:

so you are ok with paying 60% more for the same thing? so is gas at 6.40 a gallon cool with you?

what about a six pack of (good) beer for 16 vs. 10.

i don't get how anybody can defend a 60% increase and not expect something more for those funds.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:

so you are ok with paying 60% more for the same thing? so is gas at 6.40 a gallon cool with you?

i don't get how anybody can defend a 60% increase and not expect something more for those funds.

I don't think he's defending it, just feeling a little high and mighty. :)

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

• I've only had the streaming since they offered that separately. I cancelled my dvd plan years ago and signed back up just for the streaming. Sucks for the others with the dvd plan though.
    stickfig13 wrote:

I actually am out to get you....you're right though, not with my evil price hikes...I have other surprises for all of you. :o
  • 81 wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:

:clap:

There is no way to defend a 60% increase. I don't know why every thread, no matter the topic, has to have a troll.

Edit: Also all that "perspective" does is prove how insane that price increase is. I don't buy it, streaming was never "free," they've always factored that into the cost. They may have claimed it was free, but nothing is ever "free."
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
    81 wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:

:clap:

There is no way to defend a 60% increase. I don't know why every thread, no matter the topic, has to have a troll.

Edit: Also all that "perspective" does is prove how insane that price increase is. I don't buy it, streaming was never "free," they've always factored that into the cost. They may have claimed it was free, but nothing is ever "free."

You people crack me up. I guess I'm a "weirdo" or "Troll" for suggesting that you cheapskates should just cancel your membership if you don't like it. I'll leave you all to piss and moan further. I might see you in whatever bitchfest thread you guys create next time tickets go onsale.
  • The only thing I'm suggesting is that you are just rude. END OF STORY! Please leave us, if you want I'll create a thread stating the sky is blue and you can argue you with that.
    fade away...

You may think its still a great value at16, and maybe it is, but 60% more for the product with no explination on the cost increase?

But as you stated, it is a semi free country and we can cancel...which we partially did.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Hehe complaining about being called weirdo or troll but referring to us as "You people", putting us into a group too. Ah well. It only eggs him on to respond so he'll have yet another fun response! yay!

Anyhow, I don't know that I'll cancel anything. I like getting my dvds and streaming, when there is something to stream. So we'll see if the outcry changes anything.

There may be people telling us, in this forum, to quit bitching but, turn on the tv, the radio...hell, msn or yahoo's home page and guess what? We're not alone in our quandary.

• Lizardjam wrote:
    Hehe complaining about being called weirdo or troll but referring to us as "You people", putting us into a group too. Ah well. It only eggs him on to respond so he'll have yet another fun response! yay!

Anyhow, I don't know that I'll cancel anything. I like getting my dvds and streaming, when there is something to stream. So we'll see if the outcry changes anything.

There may be people telling us, in this forum, to quit bitching but, turn on the tv, the radio...hell, msn or yahoo's home page and guess what? We're not alone in our quandary.

No, we are not alone, there are numerous Facebook pages protesting this:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Hate-Ne ... 2886068204
    Also, just google netflix price increase and it will link you to numerous news stories about it, all with hundreds of comments. Honestly, my first thought was to cancel. However, I'm thinking that we may just drop down to the two dvds at at time for $12. I like having the streaming option, but unless they improve it, it sucks too bad to pay extra for it.
    fade away...

everyone should cancel it for a month....that would send a message :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    everyone should cancel it for a month....that would send a message :lol:

True.
    fade away...

• Seriously annoyed with this!

Back in December, we switched to Comcast triple play, losing our old email addresses and the home phone number we've had for 14 years. We also cut down the 200.00 a month cable bill by getting rid of most of the movie channels. The positives to these drawbacks were buying a new sound bar and Blu-Ray player with the ability to stream Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, etc.

The night before I got the email, I changed our plan down to 1 DVD... 2 dvd's have been sitting here for months and we returned them, unwatched.

Grrr..... and thanks to Big Brother After Dark, we just -had- to add Showtime back to the cable bill! At least I can catch up on my Weeds.

Nickel and Dimed to death with this crap!
  • What I hate, is they totally rely on us lazy a-holes who will forget about the email they sent, and wont adjust our plan like reliable humans should.

I haven't actually turned in the dvd I got 3 months ago - and I haven't watched it either. it's in no man's land near my phone on my hall table...I only really use the streaming.

which, btw THANK GOD for such epic classics as "Devil Within Her" (1975) -Starring Joan Collins

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Th...637#height2379
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    What I hate, is they totally rely on us lazy a-holes who will forget about the email they sent, and wont adjust our plan like reliable humans should.

I haven't actually turned in the dvd I got 3 months ago - and I haven't watched it either. it's in no man's land near my phone on my hall table...I only really use the streaming.

which, btw THANK GOD for such epic classics as "Devil Within Her" (1975) -Starring Joan Collins

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Th...637#height2379

I never actually got an email. I get the dvd received and shipped but, never the rate increase. I had to click on my account details to find it. Weird. I think I'll get rid of the streaming...

• They think people will forget (like I did the last price increase) to either cancel or drop to a lower package. Also, if someone ups one of your monthly bills 60%, you should ask why. Some people might not think twice about it, but when you've already cut this and that out of your budget to save money, this is ridiculous. I wish I didn't have to watch my budget as closely as I do, but that's just how it is right now. I realize this is only $6, six here and six there adds up each month. I really would like to encourage people to call and complain.
    fade away...

• DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    With winter coming i'm just dropping the DVD portion. The streaming is not bad yeah a little slow on new stuff but i have found alot of good movies on there. Today i watched the fighter which was an excellent movie i found myself rooting for the main the character at the end as if i was actually watching a boxing match.

What i like about the streaming if it sucks i stop it and find a new one to watch. Besides with the Blurays i don't get that many and if we really want it we just go to redbox or blockbuster instead of waiting for it in the mail.

The price increase in annoying but i get it. They have to pay for movies to stream so if you want a bigger selection of streaming we are gonna have to shell out a little more. My grip is why not offer a deal for people who take both DVD and streaming? Doesn't make much sense but whatever.
    My butt itches!
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I've more important things to worry about. Yeah they raised it, but it still isn't that much money. When I have time to watch, I can get at least 2 DVDs a week plus the streaming. All of the Twilight Zone is streaming, as is X Files, Star Trek TNG, and plenty of Showtime stuff. It is still worth it to me. Its less than half the price of my data plan on my phone....
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    81 wrote:
    You may think its still a great value at16, and maybe it is, but 60% more for the product with no explination on the cost increase?

But as you stated, it is a semi free country and we can cancel...which we partially did.

The no explanation part is pretty shitty. If they would have said something like "we are increasing prices in an effort to expand our streaming selection", maybe it wouldn't be so bad. But to just jack up the price 60% with no explanation at all is brutal. I think I may just switch to 1 blu-ray at a time. It's pretty rare that I actually use the streaming anyways...the one thing I do like about the streaming is that there is a lot of good stand up comedy specials on there.

screw it, i'll just you bit torrent :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • :D

I'm thinking I'm going to drop down to either one or two dvds at a time w/out streaming.
    fade away...

• capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    81 wrote:

screw it, i'll just you bit torrent :lol:

That was hilarious.

I cancelled the disc option already and I'm perfectly happy with just streaming.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
    i know everyone is interested.....so just a quick update....gf cancelled both disc and streaming service.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    i know everyone is interested.....so just a quick update....gf cancelled both disc and streaming service.

so what are you gonna do now? read a book? the wall street journal?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    81 wrote:

Good call, I can't remember the last time I rented a dvd, I know it will eventually put businesses...out of...business...but it just gets too expensive with all the movies we watch.

@ rkcndy, pretty sure he uses torrent sites like I do. Yar! Pirating! Har har yar!