Netflix raising prices again

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    dang netflix website is down. I finally wanted to use it
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:

ouch....

i'm going to have to add this to my watch list....and maybe pick up a few shares after the rumblings settle
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    from a high of $300 back in mid july to a current price in hte mid 70's... the consumer has spoken

now if only we could teach PJ peeps to not buy pj stuff :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    hey rick...have you returned your unwatched dvd yet?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

actually I did! and now another DVD waits its turn.....
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

new game....

how long does rick hold onto this dvd before returning it unwatched. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

ouch....

i'm going to have to add this to my watch list....and maybe pick up a few shares after the rumblings settle

if you make any money off Netflix, I want a 20% stake, since I brought it to your attention... ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 81 wrote:
    from a high of $300 back in mid july to a current price in hte mid 70's... the consumer has spoken

now if only we could teach PJ peeps to not buy pj stuff :lol:

:thumbup:
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
    RKCNDY wrote:
    if you make any money off Netflix, I want a 20% stake, since I brought it to your attention... ;)

you'll be first in line for whip cream shots
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I may need to freeze my netflix account. With all of the TV shows back on, I'm pretty sure our latest DVD has been sitting there for well over a month.
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

you'll be first in line for whip cream shots

whip cream shots is all I get? :|

they better be accompanied by:

*a group of awesome tailgate people-see list of peeps from Alpine
    *bacon wrapped pigeons, water logged veggies and dip, pancakes, waffles and other assorted tailgate food
    *3 all day concerts headlined by Pearl Jam
    *located at the Gorge
    *zombie killing kits
    *free booze-so we can actually tailgate while PJ is on stage

that will be all

- Christopher McCandless
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

new game....

I'm actually staring at one as I type this that I rented in November of 2009. Still haven't watched it. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:

I'm actually staring at one as I type this that I rented in November of 2009. Still haven't watched it. :lol:

$230 down the drain.

that would have bought like 768 mich ultra's
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

new game....

ah shit. I give up
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

$230 down the drain.

Yah but only like 20 at PJ20...where's that thread with the PJ20 conversion table... :D
    DS1119 wrote:
    Yah but only like 20 at PJ20...where's that thread with the PJ20 conversion table... :D

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=165750
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=165750

:lol:
    down some more to 66 and change.....still sitting on the sideline.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    hey rick, do you still have that DVD
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I switched my membership from the cd and streaming option to streaming only and I forgot to return the one and only disc I ever received from them so they charged me $20. So basically I own a "History of Las Vegas" DVD I will never watch. :x
    81 wrote:

dump it if you have it

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 34768.html

Netflix stock is still tanking like a Nic Cage movie.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

dump it if you have it

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 34768.html

Netflix stock is still tanking like a Nic Cage movie.

sidelines = not long (bought) or short (sold)

i did pick up a few shares of Nokia today.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    hey rick, do you still have that DVD

nope, actually have been through several movies recently.

but my PJ20 deluxe DVD is now sitting there, unwatched.
  • So, I know I started this thread, but I still have Netflix. :oops: However, we are seriously going to drop down to a smaller package. Right now we are trying to decide between Netflix and Blockbuster. Essentially I think we can get the same "package" from Blockbuster through Dish Network for $10. How does the selection on Blockbuster compare to Netflix? Has anyone here tried Blockbuster's mail and instant streaming service?
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    So, I know I started this thread, but I still have Netflix. :oops: However, we are seriously going to drop down to a smaller package. Right now we are trying to decide between Netflix and Blockbuster. Essentially I think we can get the same "package" from Blockbuster through Dish Network for $10. How does the selection on Blockbuster compare to Netflix? Has anyone here tried Blockbuster's mail and instant streaming service?

I was debating on that too. Especially since we still had a blockbuster near us. But, since then all the stores have gone bust. I don't know that I'd want to start their streaming service. I did drop the dvd service but kept the streaming service for netflix. It's kind of hard to get rid of. The whole family uses it...ipod, phone...dvd players...I used to watch it on the computer all the time.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
    the streaming Netflix stinks - I can never find any decent movies to watch
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    So, I know I started this thread, but I still have Netflix. :oops: However, we are seriously going to drop down to a smaller package. Right now we are trying to decide between Netflix and Blockbuster. Essentially I think we can get the same "package" from Blockbuster through Dish Network for $10. How does the selection on Blockbuster compare to Netflix? Has anyone here tried Blockbuster's mail and instant streaming service?

I had the Blockbuster, but only the mail one. The selection was actually pretty good, but it wasn't uncommon to get a DVD in that would skip or just not work entirely. Now I have Netflix streaming only and the selection couldn't be worse :x
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    we did hbo after dumping netflix.....lot of crap...i might tell the woman to dump it...don't know if she watchs much, but they never have movies on the weekend and than they all suck.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    81 wrote:
    we did hbo after dumping netflix.....lot of crap...i might tell the woman to dump it...don't know if she watchs much, but they never have movies on the weekend and than they all suck.

Do yourself a favor and watch Game of Thrones on HBO.

You're welcome :D
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2