the 2011 mid-year diet resolution thread

Comments

• EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    EmBleve wrote:
    I'm going out of town for a week starting tomorrow on a vacation that has been planned for some time. Here's to hoping I don't eradicate any accomplishments to this point. Lost three more pounds although I fully expect to regain those--that was my 3 pound leeway to prepare for vacation. :lol: Have a great week, all. :mrgreen:

awesome!
    so what's that make it now, 15 pounds?
    that's great....and sure, nice to have that cushion of those 3 pounds. ;)
    enjoy your vacation!!!
    Thanks! I am back. :D Good to see you that you and the others are doing well! And, I got back Saturday night, got on the scale this morning--lost 2 pounds while on vacation. Don't ask how that happened, because I have no idea. lolol. Anywho, yes, it's actually 14 lbs total, I think, since this thread. Since summer of 2009, it's 24 total. woot.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    EmBleve wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    I'm going out of town for a week starting tomorrow on a vacation that has been planned for some time. Here's to hoping I don't eradicate any accomplishments to this point. Lost three more pounds although I fully expect to regain those--that was my 3 pound leeway to prepare for vacation. :lol: Have a great week, all. :mrgreen:

awesome!
    so what's that make it now, 15 pounds?
    that's great....and sure, nice to have that cushion of those 3 pounds. ;)
    enjoy your vacation!!!
    Thanks! I am back. :D Good to see you that you and the others are doing well! And, I got back Saturday night, got on the scale this morning--lost 2 pounds while on vacation. Don't ask how that happened, because I have no idea. lolol. Anywho, yes, it's actually 14 lbs total, I think, since this thread. Since summer of 2009, it's 24 total. woot.

wow!!!
    fantastic progress!
    sometimes on vacation i think you're just so active, that even if you are indulging...it all shakes out in the end. clearly, it worked for you. :thumbup:

i am exactly where i was last week, down 7 pounds.
    i HAD mid-week progress of an additional 2 pounds gone, but somehow, that didn't stick. :?
    hopefully more progress on the horizon!

(oops, just looked back..i was actually down 7.5 last monday, eh well...so up a half.)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

progress is sure to come! Also, I see maintaining as progress in and of itself. :thumbup:
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I haven't gained any weight, but I'm not shrinking much either. It's kind of frustrating...but then, my exercise schedule has really taken a hit since school started again. :P

It sucks how having to work a lot really interferes with my personal improvement projects! ;):D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    need to get serious about loosing this poundage...
    It will happen in 2012 I will go shirtless on the beach this year!!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    need to get serious about loosing this poundage...
    It will happen in 2012 I will go shirtless on the beach this year!!

Just do it anyway!

Well after a lot of effort I lost 2 1/2 in 2 weeks, then put 1/2 back on. I think it's definately harder with age. I think I am just going to have to like my body this size and if I lose a little weight it's a bonus.
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    as of Monday i am down 53 lbs
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I've been maintaining all the weight lost. 26 pounds in total...wouldn't mind losing 4 more just for a nice round number :P Exercise and diet have stayed consistent and I'm allowing myself an occasional indulgence.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    m0jorisen wrote:
    as of Monday i am down 53 lbs
    awesome!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    woot woot! Great jobs people!! Keep up the good work. :D I will be away for awhile, will check back in later, probably at least 10 lbs. lighter. :mrgreen: Sort of over some of the stuff around here for now. But best of luck!
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Down to 202.6 tonight! That is 66 total lbs lost since the first week of April!!

Happy Halloween, everyone!!!
  • i am SO impressed by the major weight-loss represented in this thread!!! :thumbup:
    granted, i have no desire to lose THAT much weight, tho if i look back to say 2006, when i was at my absolute heaviest in life, well i am 25 pounds lighter today. thing is though, that was not my norm, at all. half my life, i was thin, damn near skinny really......*sigh*....my second half thus far, not so much. from 35 on, i've been at least 30-35 pounds above my wedding weight, probably my *ideal*....not too skinny, but thin and healthy. idk if i can make it down to that again, i am looking more for about 10 above that as a goal....and from there, who knows? right now, i am 20 pounds from that goal.....down 9 pounds from 09.18.

started this thread back in june, but really didn't get serious until after my pj/canadian tour in september, so about 1.5 months in, down 9 pounds. pretty decent. i've definitely lost some serious inches though, very exciting...and that i will credit to my bootcamp classes, while the actual pounds off i'll credit to my better diet. since october 1st i've lost an inch off my waist, an inch off my thighs (wooohooo!) and a half inch off my hips. VERY good news.

yesterday i tried on 2 form-fitting dresses that i've not worn in YEARS, but adore....and while sure, i still want to be thinner, they FIT damn well, and i look pretty damn good. 20 more pounds and i will look smokin' 8-):lol::mrgreen: but seriously, i am HAPPY with how my workouts are sculpting my body. so i really, really, really would like to lose an additional 20 by NYE, and then take it from there...overall, pretty happy with my progress.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    i am SO impressed by the major weight-loss represented in this thread!!! :thumbup:
    granted, i have no desire to lose THAT much weight, tho if i look back to say 2006, when i was at my absolute heaviest in life, well i am 25 pounds lighter today. thing is though, that was not my norm, at all. half my life, i was thin, damn near skinny really......*sigh*....my second half thus far, not so much. from 35 on, i've been at least 30-35 pounds above my wedding weight, probably my *ideal*....not too skinny, but thin and healthy. idk if i can make it down to that again, i am looking more for about 10 above that as a goal....and from there, who knows? right now, i am 20 pounds from that goal.....down 9 pounds from 09.18.

started this thread back in june, but really didn't get serious until after my pj/canadian tour in september, so about 1.5 months in, down 9 pounds. pretty decent. i've definitely lost some serious inches though, very exciting...and that i will credit to my bootcamp classes, while the actual pounds off i'll credit to my better diet. since october 1st i've lost an inch off my waist, an inch off my thighs (wooohooo!) and a half inch off my hips. VERY good news.

yesterday i tried on 2 form-fitting dresses that i've not worn in YEARS, but adore....and while sure, i still want to be thinner, they FIT damn well, and i look pretty damn good. 20 more pounds and i will look smokin' 8-):lol::mrgreen: but seriously, i am HAPPY with how my workouts are sculpting my body. so i really, really, really would like to lose an additional 20 by NYE, and then take it from there...overall, pretty happy with my progress.

That sounds awesome!!

I keep watching the thread and am still encouraged by everyone! I can't diet anymore though...and everything I do eat seems to STICK!! Not that I can eat tooo much since food and most things make me want to vomit lately.

Just wanted to stop by and say Congrats to everyone! It's encouraging to read!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • well another monday and ... unchanged. so still down 7.5 pounds (oh well, i guess actually i am down a half pound more than last week but, i had regained half then, haha, so yea - right where i was - and i see last week i posted on tuesday with better numbers than i had last monday). bit annoyed with myself b/c i was down an additional 3.5 pounds! (my lowest weight in a year) and then indulged in a decadent weekend. and yes, we all deserve to splurge but i was quite pleased with my progress and yes, i do go ahead splurge far too often. definitely something i have to WORK ON. i am well aware i do it, now i have to moderate. i WANT to be healthier, thinner, so yes ... it's on me to make it happen! still though, not too shabby. 7.5 pounds. :) 20 more for NYE. i still think doable, just have to focus!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

Down to 198.7 lbs tonight. That is a WHOPPING 70 lbs lost!! :mrgreen:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    wow!! Great job! :mrgreen: I'm back for the moment, only 4 lbs lighter--but that's in about a week so I'll take it. This was a little more stress-induced than dieting, but it is what it is. The pants I've been wearing for a year and a half now cannot be worn without a belt, and the pants fold over when i buckle it. A few more lbs and I will have to buy smaller. It's a nice feeling. I'm glad you guys are doing well also! Keep up the inspiration. :)
  • aNiMaL wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    wow, that's so fantastic!!!
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    ridiculously impressed!

i've been going to my bootcamp class EVERY day this week :o (making up for lost time with my horrid cold last week) and am back on track. eating well, and yes, off the weeknight wine - so far, so good. i REALLY want to reach my first big goal for new years. 17 more pounds to go to do that, though secretly, another 20 would truly make my heart SING. :mrgreen: either way though, i will be ridiculously HAPPY to reach either - and what a positive start it would be for 2012!!!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

:thumbup: :D
    I know it's only Sunday, but I can go ahead and say no pounds lost this week. May even be up one. :lol: I made a red velvet cake 3 nights ago for everyone 'else'. HA! That turned out to be so wrong. It was too hard to resist. oh well. Better luck this week. And no cake-making. :D
  • eh, i bet you're fine!

i am down 9.5 pounds now. woohooo!
    i was down 2 more last week, but need to get back there and then some.
    it was a rather decadent weekend, again :roll: so prety happy to be where i'm at. next 2 weeks are going to filled with wine and food :shock: but i am going to do my best to enjoy, but make wise choices. this is living eh? not going to keep it off without finding balance. don't know if i can manage another 20 before new years, haha - given how damn long it took me to get where i am (tho to be fair to myself, only got serious after 09.18, so not terrible). i am hoping to be more focused, and if i can't manage 20, well 15 would be quite nice as well. :mrgreen: i hope to kick my own ass this week and have a great report next monday!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

awesome report d2d! Good work. :mrgreen:
    I was up 2 lbs this week; last week wasn't great for me, either. I'm going to be like you and kicking my own arse this week. :) Here's to productivity and success. Salut!
  • soooo, down 10 pounds!
    wooohoooo!

of coure, today is my birthday so going out, tomorrow night another evening out, drinks then of course ... thanksgiving. hahaha. so we'll see how i manage through all that. however, today, 10 pounds gone. finally! 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

soooo, down 10 pounds!
    wooohoooo!

of coure, today is my birthday so going out, tomorrow night another evening out, drinks then of course ... thanksgiving. hahaha. so we'll see how i manage through all that. however, today, 10 pounds gone. finally! 8-)
    :clap: :thumbup: and Happy birthday!
    Happy Thanksgiving everybody! (if it applies ;) ). I, for one, will be eating. And hoping for not many leftovers.
    soooo, down 10 pounds!
    wooohoooo!

Happy birthday and congrats on the 10 lbs!!!

I weighed in at 194.2 lbs tonight, down 74 lbs. B-U-T...yeah, I plan to stuff my face tomorrow with turkey, mashed potatoes, and ALL the fixings! And at least two kinds of pie...a la mode I'm sure. And then the next day is my birthday and we're going for pizza and beer. And, Sunday going to the Seahawks game. So, I plan to give a few of those 74 lbs back to the cause. However, that is what it's all about! :mrgreen:

Happy Thanksgiving, healthy people!!!
  • CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    I haven't read through the thread but for anyone wanting to lose weight.... I have been an athlete all my life and always tried to eat right. The best advice I was given by a conditioning coach was to eat 6 small meals a day instead of 3 big meals. Try to have a lot of reds and greens in your food. But the best thing ever to get into shape is spin classes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I eat way more than I should now that I'm older but still have never weighed over 170 pounds by taking spin classes. Trust me you will shed pounds and get into shape. Good luck and congrats to the fella who has lost 70 lbs Awesome!
    Just weighed in at 192.8 lbs. That is 76 lbs lost since the first week of April!!
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    Just weighed in at 192.8 lbs. That is 76 lbs lost since the first week of April!!

WOW!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: u Rock animal... keep it up... you should be really proud of yourself!! :clap:
    I became insane withlong intervals of horrible sanity... Edgar Allan Poe.
    Where has everyone from this thread been? I've been at the gym. I've lost 10 lbs just since Christmas. I'm down to 186 lbs. 82 total lbs down since April 2011. Only about 11 lbs from where I want to be, 175. At this point though, I will never stop going to the gym on a regular basis. I like the cardio and weight lifting too much. I will just have to start adding a few more calories during the week to become caloric balanced. Other than that, I never plan to gain the fat back. I was 270 lbs when I started all of this!!! Damn, I was FAT!! I feel so much better now! I have never been so lean and so strong in all my adult life. And, I didn't follow a single planned diet or program. It was so simple, it's stupid!
    :wave: animal! Great job!! I've been wondering about this thread, too. Where's d2d? I haven't seen her anywhere in a minute. Hope she's okay.
    It's fantastic that you continue to progress. I've only lost 4 lbs since xmas but since I didn't gain anything I feel that it's an accomplishment! :) Working out continues to be very important for me, too, especially with other life things going on i.e. with health and my mom and stuff.
    Hope we hear from some other peeps! :mrgreen:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Where has everyone from this thread been? I've been at the gym. I've lost 10 lbs just since Christmas. I'm down to 186 lbs. 82 total lbs down since April 2011. Only about 11 lbs from where I want to be, 175. At this point though, I will never stop going to the gym on a regular basis. I like the cardio and weight lifting too much. I will just have to start adding a few more calories during the week to become caloric balanced. Other than that, I never plan to gain the fat back. I was 270 lbs when I started all of this!!! Damn, I was FAT!! I feel so much better now! I have never been so lean and so strong in all my adult life. And, I didn't follow a single planned diet or program. It was so simple, it's stupid!
    That's a pretty amazing weight loss. I assume your plan just consists of eating healthy and exercising?