Options

Lance Armstrong doping ?

Comments

• Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    there are a lot of people hoping lance stays quiet ...

one day - he will HAVE to come clean ... just hoping it's sooner rather than later ...

do you think Sheryl Crow talked to the USADA for the investigation? Supposedly they ended their relationship on good terms.

And his first wife?
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    do you think Sheryl Crow talked to the USADA for the investigation? Supposedly they ended their relationship on good terms.

And his first wife?

nope ... she would have been listed ... i think sheryl crow was quoted as being supportive relatively recently ... they all knew he doped ... they didn't care ...
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,667
    polaris_x wrote:

And his first wife?

nope ... she would have been listed ... i think sheryl crow was quoted as being supportive relatively recently ... they all knew he doped ... they didn't care ...

Wife #1 was handing out the cortisone "joints" :wtf:
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    Armstong just needs to own it. He needs to come out and say look it took a lot of money and drugs but I beat cancer, I raised a lot of money for cancer research etc through livestong. I won 7 Tour De France's and yes I cheated and lied to everyone.
    Who knows if he thinks he should apologize. Probably not but deep down he knows he was wrong but he made a lot of money and maybe that justifies it in his mind but somewhere down the line he is going to have to give up a lot of his fortune in lawsuit settlements.
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Armstrong will never just come clean for nothing...but eventually some book publisher will offer him mega $$$$ and he'll come clean then...and it'll be an interesting read.

Just amazed that they can leave the title blank from his seven wins...doesn't make sense...if the tour doesn't believe the 2nd place and on down was clean then those years should be completely wiped and riders accomplishments removed...

Just a ridiculous sport...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Armstrong will never just come clean for nothing...but eventually some book publisher will offer him mega $$$$ and he'll come clean then...and it'll be an interesting read.

Just amazed that they can leave the title blank from his seven wins...doesn't make sense...if the tour doesn't believe the 2nd place and on down was clean then those years should be completely wiped and riders accomplishments removed...

official word on what they will do is on friday ... but i see no problem with wiping the records clean for those years ...

it's unfortunate tho that you continue to judge a sport you know nothing about ... the reality is that there needs to be a truth and reconciliation inquiry as suggested by both USADA and WADA ...

the sport is probably the most aggressive one out there in catching cheats now but their unwillingness to deal with the past will continue to haunt them ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

official word on what they will do is on friday ... but i see no problem with wiping the records clean for those years ...

it's unfortunate tho that you continue to judge a sport you know nothing about ... the reality is that there needs to be a truth and reconciliation inquiry as suggested by both USADA and WADA ...

the sport is probably the most aggressive one out there in catching cheats now but their unwillingness to deal with the past will continue to haunt them ...

What's good is an enquiry if the key player in this will not participate?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    What's good is an enquiry if the key player in this will not participate?

he doesn't need to participate ... a portion of his world has already crumbled without his participation ... the sport is much bigger than lance armstrong ... the sport can move on without lance armstrong ... the problem is that there is still a culture of denial ... and it starts at the top ... the UCI needs to clean house ... starting with the president and ex-president ... both those guys are corrupt and doing what lance has done all these years ... cover their asses ...
  • Options
    As time goes on by leaving the results from those years...people will have more questions...and, how will they answer why the 2nd and so on weren't able to move up.

I'm judging today's riders, I'm calling the sport ridiculous because they are choosing not award a champion from 2nd on down.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    As time goes on by leaving the results from those years...people will have more questions...and, how will they answer why the 2nd and so on weren't able to move up.

I'm judging today's riders, I'm calling the sport ridiculous because they are choosing not award a champion from 2nd on down.

because of all the podium finishers during the years lance won - all of them have been implicated in one form or another in doping ... you don't see one single cyclist stepping forward now saying they should be awarded the title do ya? ... no, because they all know ... jan ullrich is staying quiet because the culture dictates that ...

this really goes back to the UCI ... and there unwillingness to come clean ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

because of all the podium finishers during the years lance won - all of them have been implicated in one form or another in doping ... you don't see one single cyclist stepping forward now saying they should be awarded the title do ya? ... no, because they all know ... jan ullrich is staying quiet because the culture dictates that ...

this really goes back to the UCI ... and there unwillingness to come clean ...

Then why not erase the results for those years for everyone...to me absolutely ridiculous.

• Options
    I do believe that to send a message in any sport...if you cheat you are gone for life...no second chances...everything you accomplished will be removed...participating in any sport is not a birth right.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Then why not erase the results for those years for everyone...to me absolutely ridiculous.

it's obviously not that easy ... not everyone doped ... i don't see what's wrong with suspending the results for those 7 years ... also - the tour de france has separate organizers from the UCI ... they can do what they want ...
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I do believe that to send a message in any sport...if you cheat you are gone for life...no second chances...everything you accomplished will be removed...participating in any sport is not a birth right.

but that kind of thinking shows no insight whatsoever ... it doesn't factor in the culture of the sport of the time ... it doesn't create an environment for transparency and openness ... it's like saying anyone ever caught stealing is going to get 10 years in prison regardless ... there is context ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

but that kind of thinking shows no insight whatsoever ... it doesn't factor in the culture of the sport of the time ... it doesn't create an environment for transparency and openness ... it's like saying anyone ever caught stealing is going to get 10 years in prison regardless ... there is context ...

What it says to me is if your going to cheat and we catch you and we will you'll not be participating in our sport and we'll erase everything you accomplished from day 1.

Do you think it's fair that Hank Aaron is now number 2?
    that Maris no longer holds the single season HR record?
    How about Cabrera? Should the decision have been left up to the Giants whether he played in the post season.

These guys are privileged and should consider it an honour and a blessing that they are gifted to be participating at elite athletics...I'm not taking away freedoms...I'm taking away their tarnish the sports they participate in and protecting the legit record holders...imo.

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    He's a cheating rat fuck.
    He should compete in the Tour de Rat Fucks.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    What it says to me is if your going to cheat and we catch you and we will you'll not be participating in our sport and we'll erase everything you accomplished from day 1.

Do you think it's fair that Hank Aaron is now number 2?
    that Maris no longer holds the single season HR record?
    How about Cabrera? Should the decision have been left up to the Giants whether he played in the post season.

These guys are privileged and should consider it an honour and a blessing that they are gifted to be participating at elite athletics...I'm not taking away freedoms...I'm taking away their tarnish the sports they participate in and protecting the legit record holders...imo.

ok ... it's one thing to start a sport and institute a zero-tolerance policy ... but it's another to retroactively do it ...

the culture of the sport was that doping was endemic ... every team did it and it was organized and in no small way - the governing body approved it with their lack of oversight and weak testing policies ... how do you go to someone now who at the time was basically told to either dope or don't bother coming back and say that they are now banned for life? ...
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    there calling for lances head at the mo .....im gutted if its all true but if it is true [ and it looks like it is ] im thinking for the good of the sport he should give his head on a platter and let the sport move on .
    next years route released and they reckon itll be a hard one for wiggins ..http://www.velopeloton.com/2013_tour_de ... route.html

apparently its going to be about 9pm when it goes on the champs Elysée :shock: :D
  • Options
    guypjfreak wrote:
    there calling for lances head at the mo .....im gutted if its all true but if it is true [ and it looks like it is ] im thinking for the good of the sport he should give his head on a platter and let the sport move on .
    next years route released and they reckon itll be a hard one for wiggins ..http://www.velopeloton.com/2013_tour_de ... route.html

apparently its going to be about 9pm when it goes on the champs Elysée :shock: :D

he needs to blow the roof off the whole thing ... take every single fucker down with him ...

yeah - next year's route looks awesome ... wiggins has basically said he's gonna try for the giro and support froome at the tour ...
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    open letter from greg lemond to pat mcquaid

http://www.steephill.tv/2012/usada-lanc ... etter.html
  • Options
    So let me get this straight...

Lance was charging people $50,000 to ride with him. The people were told the money would be given to Lances CHARITY. The money was supposed to be tax deductable. So when these generous people who thought they were donating $50,000 to help fight cancer, recieved their paper work from Lance Armstrong, they were told they only donated $15,000. They were told they could only claim a $15,000 donation. Why is that?

Because Lance Armstrong was taking $35,000 from each donation, and putting it RIGHT IN IS POCKET!!!

Another asshole stuffing his own pockets...
    Claiming its for CHARITY!!!

Gee whiz...Im fucking shocked!! :lol::lol::lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

Lance was charging people $50,000 to ride with him. The people were told the money would be given to Lances CHARITY. The money was supposed to be tax deductable. So when these generous people who thought they were donating $50,000 to help fight cancer, recieved their paper work from Lance Armstrong, they were told they only donated $15,000. They were told they could only claim a $15,000 donation. Why is that?

Because Lance Armstrong was taking $35,000 from each donation, and putting it RIGHT IN IS POCKET!!!

also ... in many of these rides ... the donors/participants didn't actually ride with him ... he often rode ahead and by himself ... then at the end he would disappear into his private van ... every now and then he'd show up for a picture but that was it ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

also ... in many of these rides ... the donors/participants didn't actually ride with him ... he often rode ahead and by himself ... then at the end he would disappear into his private van ... every now and then he'd show up for a picture but that was it ...
    The FUCKING CREEP was taking $35,000 off the TOP, and stuffing it into his own pockets?

I have been saying it for YEARS!!!!
    Show me a Charity, and I will show you people stealing money, and stuffing their own pockets!
  • Options
    The FUCKING CREEP was taking $35,000 off the TOP, and stuffing it into his own pockets?

Show me a Charity, and I will show you people stealing money, and stuffing their own pockets!

it's one of the many reasons why i was trying to indicate to musicismylife that lance wasn't just another athlete who cheated ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

it's one of the many reasons why i was trying to indicate to musicismylife that lance wasn't just another athlete who cheated ...
    And ANYONE who believed this charity was legit...Is just a FOOL!!

The mans entire life was based on lying, cheating, and FRAUD!

Anyone who believes his CHARITY would be legit...Is just a FUCKING FOOL!!!
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    apart from the charity stuff which is just bang out of order im pissed cos it means that i wasted 7 summers watch the tour oh and lets not forget contador and hes still riding :? :?
    anyone that has been found out should be banned for life end ov ......so will 2013 tour be drug free ???
    im thinking it will probably be THE cleanest race so far just because i wouldnt like to be the rider that gets caught after all this but theres always one ah :roll:
  • Options
    guypjfreak wrote:
    apart from the charity stuff which is just bang out of order im pissed cos it means that i wasted 7 summers watch the tour oh and lets not forget contador and hes still riding :? :?
    anyone that has been found out should be banned for life end ov ......so will 2013 tour be drug free ???
    im thinking it will probably be THE cleanest race so far just because i wouldnt like to be the rider that gets caught after all this but theres always one ah :roll:

there is a clean cycling union that includes a lot of the the major teams ... notable teams not on the list are BMC (Cadel Evans and TJ Van Garderen), Radioshack (Lance's old team with the Shleck Brothers) and Saxo Bank (Contador) ... the teams that sign onto this union basically agree to adhere to principles that exceed WADA's code of conduct on doping ...

the sport is as clean as any sport right now and i believe that the primary contenders for the GC will be riding clean ... the only exception would be alberto contador but it could be that he will ride clean as well as in his last few races - he has looked way more human (although there was that one stage at the vuelta ... :problem:
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    polaris_x wrote:
    guypjfreak wrote:

there is a clean cycling union that includes a lot of the the major teams ... notable teams not on the list are BMC (Cadel Evans and TJ Van Garderen), Radioshack (Lance's old team with the Shleck Brothers) and Saxo Bank (Contador) ... the teams that sign onto this union basically agree to adhere to principles that exceed WADA's code of conduct on doping ...

the sport is as clean as any sport right now and i believe that the primary contenders for the GC will be riding clean ... the only exception would be alberto contador but it could be that he will ride clean as well as in his last few races - he has looked way more human (although there was that one stage at the vuelta ... :problem:

I don't follow cycling, or any doping scandals that much, be it cycling or otherwise. But my understanding of all these cases has been that the doping industry has always been a few steps ahead of the testing people. Most of these people that got busted, have gotten busted years later when the testing caught up right? It's gotten to the point where I see anybody win a gold medal, or a World Series, or whatever, I always think to myself "I wonder if this is going to hold up 5-10 years from now". I know they don't strip a World Series, but in cases of baseball players I always wonder if their reputation is going to hold up. I can't help shaking the suspicion that 5 years from now we're going to be having the same discussion about Michael Phelps. Well, the doping angle at least, I don't know what Phelps does with charity. I have no proof, but when somebody dominates like that, the little cynic on my shoulder says "look at this doper". I should try to avoid that, but when shit like this happens, it's hard to silence my little cynic.

My point is, being pretty cynical about a lot of athletes, when I hear about that clean cycling union, I still wonder if they're clean or if they're just confident about being too far ahead of the testing technology. They all seem to be cocky about it and not think they'll get caught. Otherwise they wouldn't bother doing it, at least I wouldn't. What's the point of achieving glory if they're going to strip it from you later and people will hate you? I guess maybe a payday, and some people don't mind being hated as long as they're rich. I'd personally rather be a middle of the pack athlete who is fondly remembered (albeit by fewer people) than having a few years of glory and a lifetime of shame.

I hope you're right about that cycling union though (it would be nice for fans of the sport to have a good group of clean people to watch), like I said I don't follow cycling or know anything about this union of which you speak, or how they test. When it comes to doping I've just heard so much about how a sport is clean or whatever, then their technology catches up and they find things in those old samples.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    I hope you're right about that cycling union though (it would be nice for fans of the sport to have a good group of clean people to watch), like I said I don't follow cycling or know anything about this union of which you speak, or how they test. When it comes to doping I've just heard so much about how a sport is clean or whatever, then their technology catches up and they find things in those old samples.

i hear ya ... and there really is no way to know for sure ... and you are right in that cheats are always gonna be one step away from the testing ...

as it relates to cycling - there's just a lot of supportive evidence that points to clean racing ... primarily body mechanics and outputs ... the watts generated by today's cyclists is far less than the wattage generated during lance's era ... an indication that a) lance's era was ripe with dopers and b) that they aren't doping now ...

as it relates to the clean cycling union ... it really is about a group of teams that ultimately realize that the governing body has no genuine interest in the issue and they've chosen to tackle it independently at the risk of not being competitive against other teams ...

i do find it interesting that there are teams that haven't signed on like the ones i mentioned and Team Sky ...