Options

The LOVE Of The Band RUSH

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I just watched the 2112/Moving Pictures classic albums "documentary" on Netflix. Ahh, the excitement is gaining!
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Rush was just honoured in Canada with the Governor General's Performing Arts Award in Ottawa. It looks like some MPs were having fun with Rush's attendance at the House of Commons:
    “Mr. Speaker, that is another fly-by-night’ question,” Clement said, slipping in a reference to the title of a 1975 Rush album.

http://www.thespec.com/whatson/artsente ... mons-visit
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I got a ticket for the 10/10 Bridgeport show in the public onsale this morning. I'm in row B which I think (and hope) is in the 2nd row!
    In other RUSH news, I recently bought Grace Under Pressure on CD. It was one of two RUSH albums that I only had on cassette for many years, the other being Moving Pictures. I had already upgraded the other one.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    This will be #47 show...somewhere around that figure if my memory can recall. I'm going to try and go all in with the VIP meet and greet for the first time as a surprise to my other half. This is not her thing but she'd rather be like last night seeing Snoop Dogg and dance hip hop.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I'm hitting up Boston and Manchester.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,000
    Dying to discover what gems they will include on this tours setlist...
    "Jacobs ladder" gets my vote!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Got my tickets For Dallas this morning. I'm part of a large group (7) that all wanted to sit together, but we ended up with decent seats. We have lowers, directly across the stage on the other end of the floor, row D.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    Dying to discover what gems they will include on this tours setlist...
    "Jacobs ladder" gets my vote!

This tour could be their lastand i have a feeling this setlist will be really revamped. Meaning dropping some very familiar tunes one of them won't be TS.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Interesting picture....

2247.f.jpg

http://www.rushisaband.com/images/201203/2245.f.jpg

It'll never happen though. :lol:
    Over their decades-spanning career, Rush has been featured on literally hundreds of rock and music magazine covers with the one glaring exception being Rolling Stone. Early in Rush's career, Rolling Stone's critics would continually pan the band's albums but the magazine otherwise ignored Rush out-of-hand. This all began to change a few years ago back in 2008 when Rush was riding a new wave of popularity due to their highly successful Snakes & Arrows tour. At that time Rolling Stone seemed to undergo a change regarding their attitude towards the band, dispatching a reporter to spend four days with them on the Canadian leg of their 2008 tour and interviewing all 3 members for a 6-page feature titled Rush Never Sleeps. Around that time they also published an online feature titled Rush vs. Rolling Stone Qualitative Analysis where the magazine tries to counter the argument that Rolling Stone hates Rush (the article has since been removed). Since then the magazine's coverage of the band has been markedly more cordial, although positive might be overstating it a bit. Perhaps Rush's cover feature marks a new turning point in the magazine's relationship with the band.

Peace

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Rush is one of my top 5 bands of all time. A pox on Cleveland for ignoring them...again. :nono:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    InHiding80 wrote:
    Rush is one of my top 5 bands of all time. A pox on Cleveland for ignoring them...again. :nono:

one of my favorites too :D

Rush - only band that make grown men feel ok playing air guitar and air drums together at concerts
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    InHiding80 wrote:

one of my favorites too :D

Rush - only band that make grown men feel ok playing air guitar and air drums together at concerts

True so TRUE and for that matter air guitar/air drums anywhere even while driving.

Peace

• Options
  • Options
    I'm hitting up Bristow.

That used to be my former home venue to see the band plus Virginia Beach/Hampton but now it will have to be Tampa.

Peace

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Going to Bridgeport in October. Can't believe what great seats I was able to get on TM.

I was pretty psyched so when I told my friend she said, yeah cause nobody cares about them....

Our last Rush was at Mohegan Sun more than a few years ago.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Anyone heard the new album yet? About to download it and give it a listen.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Anyone heard the new album yet? About to download it and give it a listen.

Love it. I got it over the weekend in the mail with the UK fan pack.

WAY better than S&A.
  • Options
    I've heard it through once and heard the first half another time...going through it again now. So far, so good!
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Listening now!
  • Options
    I'm STILL waiting for my advanced copy...it might be in the mail right now but I'm just too tired to walk down the driveway to get them and some other 2.gif albums.....the Red Sector collection.

Need to rest up for Roger Walters tomorrow....I'll drink lite with Mike's Hard Lemonade. :D

Peace

• Options
    1929059-Rush-Clockwork-Angels-617.jpg

Just got it and SLOWLY getting into the album.....love the song....The Garden at the end.

Looks like they will be touring in Europe next year...

http://www.rushisaband.com/tour.php

Peace

• Options
    Gave it my second full listen last night. I've mostly just listened to the first few songs many times because something always comes up and I want to hear the album from beginning to end without interruptions. Really liked it and I have several of the songs in my head. There are a few that haven't hit me yet...hard to tell at this point whether they will grow with time or end up being skippers. Overall though, I think it's a very strong album...especially considering this is the band's 20th studio effort!
  • Options
    It's early but here's my ranking so far.....

Great
    Headlong Flight
    The Garden
    Good
    Caravan
    The Anarchist
    Carnies
    Seven Cities of Gold
    Decent
    BU2B
    Clockwork Angels
    Halo Effect
    The Wreckers
    Wish Them Well
    Bad
    BU2B2

19895462.jpg

Peace

• Options
    344wkqr.jpg

The song The Garden 1022.gif

Peace

• Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,000
    heard a rumor the band may put "Jacobs Ladder" back on the setlist for this tour!

What other gems should they bust out?

Been a few tours since they dropped "Xanadu"..

and I never got a chance to see them when they brought back "Bytor" couple of tours back....

Would love to see full version of "Anthem" too..!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Absolutely loving the new album,got my pre-order on Monday.Must get the tickets for their Glasgow show 2013 on payday
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    This would be my "ranking," I think

Great
    Headlong Flight
    The Garden
    The Wreckers
    BU2B
    Halo Effect
    Good
    Caravan
    The Anarchist
    Carnies
    Seven Cities of Gold
    Decent
    Clockwork Angels
    Wish Them Well
    Bad
    BU2B2
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    heard a rumor the band may put "Jacobs Ladder" back on the setlist for this tour!

and I never got a chance to see them when they brought back "Bytor" couple of tours back....

By-Tor was pretty cool. Obviously a lot different now than back then, but still a good sounding, fun, live song. I'd love to see Jacob's Ladder. One song I've always wanted to hear live is Superconductor.
  • Options
    locked wrote:

By-Tor was pretty cool. Obviously a lot different now than back then, but still a good sounding, fun, live song. I'd love to see Jacob's Ladder. One song I've always wanted to hear live is Superconductor.

The whole By-Tor-->Cygnus-->Working Man encore on the VT tour was brilliant. I actually made a studio blend to mimic that progression....it came out great.
  • Options
    locked wrote:

Of the 46 times I've seen the band the song I'd like for them to bring back is....*Hit Me Baby*....R30 INTRO....A Passage To Bangkok http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67q4hqsx050 I hope they play Bangkok..Nah they NEVER play Bangkok. :D

Beneath,Between and Behind This also would be nice.
    Peace