Options

The LOVE Of The Band RUSH

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    BinFrog wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    No matter what anyone thinks about Rush, whether they like them or not, I think everyone can pretty much agree that Neil Peart is the greatest drummer of all time!

Damn the Roll the Bones tour must have been awesome...

Greatest rock drummer ever, in my opinion.

UPDATE - 3/28@4:48PM: I have also received confirmation that Headlong Flight will indeed be the first single and that a 5.5-minute edit will be hitting radio on April 19th. The listening party did indeed take place yesterday, and Roadrunner is keeping a very tight lid on the track, so it's unlikely that it will leak. Although there's a possibility we'll get to hear a sample online sometime before the radio release......It's going to be 71/2 minutes long.

RushCAlogo2.jpg

2.gif1022.gif2.gif

I think due to the fact that the members of Rush are considered some of the best musicians in rock they are given a pass by those who might have a distaste to their kind of music progressive rock. Certainly they are some of the best musicians to be heard live they always give a great LIVE show mainly why I've seen them 46 times so far. One drawback they usually never change up their setlist maybe due to it's incorporated with video, lighting and other stage pyros etc...... which adds to their difficulty of adding or subtracting songs to their setlist.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Hey g under p - do you know if they're releasing any record store day exclusives this year?
  • Options
    Hey g under p - do you know if they're releasing any record store day exclusives this year?

I don't know at the moment but I'll try and find out for ya.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    My RUSH know it alls can't figure out your ???....what exactly do you want to know?

Peace

• Options
    Record Store Day is 3 weeks from today, April 21. Usually the labels will press some limited runs of vinyl to be specifically sold on that day and stamped as a "Record Store Day Exclusive." Last year, they released a 7" of Caravan/BU2B (see pic below), and since they're on the cusp of releasing Clockwork Angels, just wondering if they were gonna do anything this year. But I actually answered my own question - someone posted the record store day list in another thread: Record Store Day 2012 topic

418454522766%3A245
  • Options
    Also, guess it would help to clarify, in case anyone else is wondering... no Rush releases on RSD this year.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,345
    Album out May 29th!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    RushCAAlbum2.jpg

Two weeks to the next single. HF

For the tour in the fall the band will be sporting NEW looks like Neil below... 8-) Long hair and long stach

neilstash.jpg

Peace

• Options
    iwqfz.jpg

Lyrics to the next single *Headlong Flight* MAYBE

Bound to the earth in a headlong flight,
    Toward a city I do not know,
    Winding through the void of night
    With stars above and fire below

Beneath my feat a rumbling shell,
    Deeper still a molten shell,
    The souls within its blinding breath,
    Are charred into a shriveled death.

I stoke the fire of the big steel wheels,
    Navigate through celestial fields
    What is the fate to which I fly?
    What does it mean to live and die?

A perilous path on which I tread
    The Watchmaker casts ????
    Into the dream that sweeps them on
    A mystery still where the have gone.

Some days were dark, some nights were bright,
    I wish I could live it all again.

Peace

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I was at a tradeshow in Orlando last week and one of the exhibitors had a reception at their booth after the close of the show every day. They actually had a Rush cover band set up and played for an hour every day, they were awesome! Still have yet to see the real thing live though!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    HollywoodRushStar.jpg

Peace

• Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,918
    New song, Headlong Flight (7:21) is streaming exclusively on RollingStone.com
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... t-20120418
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    New song, Headlong Flight (7:21) is streaming exclusively on RollingStone.com
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... t-20120418

main.jpg

2.gif1022.gif2.gif

Thanks a million man the song rocks.

Peace

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I was listening to it at work today. Good old rocking out Rush. Love it.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:

What a treat to come home to...now listening through my headphones. ALL three are in top form on this one AWESOME stuff.

Peace

• Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    g under p wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:

What a treat to come home to...now listening through my headphones. ALL three are in top form on this one AWESOME stuff.

Peace

About to give it a proper listen with headphones...liking what I heard so far.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    It's kinda like Bastille Day meets By Tor meets Secret Touch
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I'm finally listening to the new track now.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    BinFrog wrote:

tumblr_m1tnoi1a6O1rsrplco1_400.jpg

I agree with that sentiment, man I'm pumped for this massive tour in the fall. Listening to this song with headphones you can really feel each intrument they play.

The MORE I listen could this be a farewell song what do you all think?

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on

• Options
    Lyrics of *Headlong Flight* in Black and White..you all like it?

RUSH - "Headlong Flight" - Official Lyric Video

Peace

• Options
    StoneyCreekerStoneyCreeker Stoney Creek, Ontario Posts: 89
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Local station has played twice this morning already ...... sounds awesome, the "heavier" Rush is back! :D
    2000 - 10/05 Toronto, ACC
    2006 - 05/10 Toronto, ACC
    2011 - 09/12 Toronto, ACC
    2013 - 07/16 London, Budweiser Gardens, 10/12 Buffalo, First Niagara Centre
    2015 - 09/15 Hamilton, Copps Coliseum 
    2016 - 05/08 Ottawa, Cdn Tire Centre, 05/10 Toronto, ACC

• Options
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Local station has played twice this morning already ...... sounds awesome, the "heavier" Rush is back! :D

Isn't that awesome the heavy stuff a bit of their past as they move forward into the future even if it's the last time! Now did they play HF in it's entirety? I'll see if my local stations will play it.

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w38 ... shMat1.jpg

Peace

• Options
    StoneyCreekerStoneyCreeker Stoney Creek, Ontario Posts: 89
    g under p wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Isn't that awesome the heavy stuff a bit of their past as they move forward into the future even if it's the last time! Now did they play HF in it's entirety? I'll see if my local stations will play it.

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w38 ... shMat1.jpg

Peace

I agree it's not as heavy as Caress of Steel, Hemipheres, 2112 etc. but it's alot heavier than what they've put out lately ..... heard 3 times now, full song ..... Hamilton, On Y108 ... Rush country!
    2000 - 10/05 Toronto, ACC
    2006 - 05/10 Toronto, ACC
    2011 - 09/12 Toronto, ACC
    2013 - 07/16 London, Budweiser Gardens, 10/12 Buffalo, First Niagara Centre
    2015 - 09/15 Hamilton, Copps Coliseum 
    2016 - 05/08 Ottawa, Cdn Tire Centre, 05/10 Toronto, ACC

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Badass intro!
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:

I thought Bastille Day, too. Guitar riff is very reminiscent. Loving this!!
  • Options
    I wish they could make this into a poster.... :D

303RushCartoon.jpg

Peace

• Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Yes loving the heavyness of this track.Very excited for the new album :D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    I finally heard Headlong Flight on the radio this morning. Thank you.

Peace

• Options
    I am working from home and completely rocking out to AFTK in 5.1 right now
  • Options
    I'm starting to plan a whole weekend date/trip to Tampa FL on Sat. Nov. 3....I can't wait for this madness. It feeling like this is going to be my first show seeing the guys... :D

Peace