Options

The LOVE Of The Band RUSH

1235723

Comments

  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I just ordered this for myself :D

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/72384364/sp ... print-from


    Very cool
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    stargirl69 wrote:
    I just ordered this for myself :D

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/72384364/sp ... print-from


    Very cool


    Very cool indeed.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    BinFrog wrote:
    stargirl69 wrote:
    I just ordered this for myself :D

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/72384364/sp ... print-from


    Very cool


    Very cool indeed.

    Totally awesome fraom a totally awesome song.

    A couple posters I'd like to have..

    http://i.ebayimg.com/t/RUSH-GRACE-UNDER ... ~60_12.JPG

    $(KGrHqF,!g0E7ShTkF5UBP!dPQYSOQ~~60_12.JPG
    From where my liking of RUSH started. 8-)

    Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

    *MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

    *The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)


  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    animated.gif
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    BinFrog wrote:

    ALL I can do is SMILE :D

    Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

    *MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

    *The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)


  • Options
    frazbafrazba Posts: 601
    Apologies if someone has already posted this but I just found it tonight and thought you might enjoy it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiYYe4vY ... re=related
  • Options
    frazbafrazba Posts: 601
    I have to admit that I lost track of them after Roll The Bones, I really must catch up, I've everything Pre RTB on vinyl and will be digging them out whem my replacement stylus arrives.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    frazba wrote:
    Apologies if someone has already posted this but I just found it tonight and thought you might enjoy it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiYYe4vY ... re=related

    Man, thank you so much...I had to take that in 3 times. Now for the big question is their MORE cause I'd love to hear more. 8-)

    Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

    *MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

    *The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)


  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    BinFrog wrote:


    :o Oh man THAT is amazing,green with admiration :D
    frazba wrote:
    Apologies if someone has already posted this but I just found it tonight and thought you might enjoy it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiYYe4vY ... re=related

    :D The quality of that recording is astonishing for the time.Spectacular.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    stargirl69 wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:


    :o Oh man THAT is amazing,green with admiration :D


    Sucks that Andrew died a few months ago :(
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    BinFrog wrote:
    stargirl69 wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:


    :o Oh man THAT is amazing,green with admiration :D


    Sucks that Andrew died a few months ago :(

    Yes,I read that via the Rush site,very sad and sudden.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    Olivavu wrote:
    Rush suck. Big time.

    Thank you for your input.


    Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

    *MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

    *The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)


  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    g under p wrote:
    Olivavu wrote:
    Rush suck. Big time.

    Thank you for your input.


    Peace


    I guess the OP left it open for these kinds of posts when he added "& DESPISE" ;)
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    BinFrog wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Olivavu wrote:
    Rush suck. Big time.

    Thank you for your input.


    Peace


    I guess the OP left it open for these kinds of posts when he added "& DESPISE" ;)

    Therefore why I thanked him for his input and it's absolutely fine to Despise the band. Feel free to jump aboard and vent your like or dislike of the band please. I do believe they have a fair amount of fans who happen to like them. :D

    Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

    *MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

    *The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)


  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I fall into the LOVE category. The music, the lyrics, everything just works so perfectly. Never seen them live though, they're on the top of my list next time they come through Chicago!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I fall into the LOVE category. The music, the lyrics, everything just works so perfectly. Never seen them live though, they're on the top of my list next time they come through Chicago!


    Their next tour for their new album Clockwork Angels http://images.wikia.com/rush/images/2/2 ... angels.jpg starting in the fall maybe be their last. So catch them while you can i've been lucky to see them 46 times since Grace under Pressure.

    Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

    *MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

    *The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)


  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    g under p wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I fall into the LOVE category. The music, the lyrics, everything just works so perfectly. Never seen them live though, they're on the top of my list next time they come through Chicago!


    Their next tour for their new album Clockwork Angels http://images.wikia.com/rush/images/2/2 ... angels.jpg starting in the fall maybe be their last. So catch them while you can i've been lucky to see them 46 times since Grace under Pressure.

    Peace

    Well thank you!! Definitely going this time. Are they saying they might call it quits after this? That would be really sad :( And holy cow you've seen them 46 times?! WOW!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I fall into the LOVE category. The music, the lyrics, everything just works so perfectly. Never seen them live though, they're on the top of my list next time they come through Chicago!


    Their next tour for their new album Clockwork Angels http://images.wikia.com/rush/images/2/2 ... angels.jpg starting in the fall maybe be their last. So catch them while you can i've been lucky to see them 46 times since Grace under Pressure.

    Peace

    Well thank you!! Definitely going this time. Are they saying they might call it quits after this? That would be really sad :( And holy cow you've seen them 46 times?! WOW!

    Well I'm sort of a RUSH NUT quirky, geeky type. I've only missed one tour since then Counterparts Tour opening night for my softball team.. No the band hasn't said anything of the sort but from interviews and peeps in the know say they'll retire before they're of retirement age so this could be their last major tour. Also I believe they would not announce this is our final tour stuff, I believe they will record, play the shows then just say that's enough. Besides Neil has a child under 5 he would to spend more time with.

    peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

    *MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

    *The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)


  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    g under p wrote:
    Olivavu wrote:
    Rush suck. Big time.

    Thank you for your input.


    Peace


    :lol::clap:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    g under p wrote:
    Well I'm sort of a RUSH NUT quirky, geeky type. I've only missed one tour since then Counterparts Tour opening night for my softball team.. No the band hasn't said anything of the sort but from interviews and peeps in the know say they'll retire before they're of retirement age so this could be their last major tour. Also I believe they would not announce this is our final tour stuff, I believe they will record, play the shows then just say that's enough. Besides Neil has a child under 5 he would to spend more time with.

    peace

    They really don't seem like the type of band that would hype up their final tour for publicity purposes, and that's what I love about them! And while Geddy's voice is about as unique & definitive as they come, it has lost some if its luster during the last two tours. I think they would actually call it quits and go out on top rather than continue on into utter embarassment like some bands (*cough*cough* Rolling Stones *cough*).

    The Time Machine tour was a pretty damn fine exclamation point as far as I'm concerned, but bet your ass I'll go see them again on the Clockwork tour.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Definitely see them live if you can. For a bunch of almost 60-somethings, they absolutely bring it every time. I've seen every tour since Roll The Bones (I was 15) and haven't looked back. P/G has me beat, but I've seen Rush around 20 times. They're my "other" Pearl Jam.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    No matter what anyone thinks about Rush, whether they like them or not, I think everyone can pretty much agree that Neil Peart is the greatest drummer of all time!

    Damn the Roll the Bones tour must have been awesome...
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    No matter what anyone thinks about Rush, whether they like them or not, I think everyone can pretty much agree that Neil Peart is the greatest drummer of all time!

    Damn the Roll the Bones tour must have been awesome...


    Greatest rock drummer ever, in my opinion.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,082
    BinFrog wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    No matter what anyone thinks about Rush, whether they like them or not, I think everyone can pretty much agree that Neil Peart is the greatest drummer of all time!

    Damn the Roll the Bones tour must have been awesome...


    Greatest rock drummer ever, in my opinion.

    Also a pretty decent writer.
    8-)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I saw them twice on the Time Machine tour and it was a fantastic show. They performed the Moving Pictures album in the show and that was incredible. Rush is one of the bands that I listened to while growing up and for certain albums, every note is forever etched in my brain.


    and F that guy that said they suck
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,320
    BinFrog wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    No matter what anyone thinks about Rush, whether they like them or not, I think everyone can pretty much agree that Neil Peart is the greatest drummer of all time!

    Damn the Roll the Bones tour must have been awesome...


    Greatest rock drummer ever, in my opinion.

    agreed. Neil has the hands of God
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    LOVE Rush! I was lucky enough to see them last year and they were amazing live. I'll definitely check them out again. Rush is one of those bands that sounds just as good or better live, I think.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

    Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

    I AM MINE
Sign In or Register to comment.