Options

The LOVE Of The Band RUSH

Comments

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    g under p wrote:
    I'm caught doing this from time to time in my truck.....just without the stick toss. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 5ThWzuKyqU

Peace

:lol::lol:
    I've seen that commercial!!!
    8-)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    BinFrog wrote:
    mikalina wrote:
    RUSH finally nominated to the RnR hall of fame...

Nominated. Not inducted.

Yes, I know - but at least they got nominated .... :)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    mikalina wrote:

I knew that for some time but I just never wanted to be a spoiler before it was officially announced. I STILL hope they never get in it's far MORE interesting conversation with my favorite rock band not in THAT HOF.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    g under p wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

I knew that for some time but I just never wanted to be a spoiler before it was officially announced. I STILL hope they never get in it's far MORE interesting conversation with my favorite rock band not in THAT HOF.

peace

I get it now - ;)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    All this machinery making modern music
  • Options
    Would you like to hear strings...well here's some RUSH done by The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.....

Rush fans will be able to hear the band's classics in a whole new way with the November 13th release of The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Plays The Music Of Rush, which includes special guest spots from members of Iron Maiden and Marillion. And fans can check out "2112 Overture" right now.

http://www.antimusic.com/news/12/Octobe ... stra.shtml

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    These are some artwork done my your everyday RUSH fans...I hope you like them....

~A drawing of the cover of Snakes and Arrows, colored pencil on paper!~
    http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z36 ... G_0620.jpg

~A drawing of Geddy and Alex, sharpie on paper!~
    http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z36 ... 6773_n.jpg

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z36 ... titled.jpg
    ~A drawing of Grace Under Pressure!~

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z43 ... teel02.jpg
    Painting done in steel instead of brass

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z36 ... /RAIDL.jpg
    *Try and find the 18 RUSH album symbols in this RUSH radial design*^^^^

Peace

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    g under p wrote:
    Would you like to hear strings...

Hehe...well if this isn't foreshadowing. Hope you're enjoying the show tonight!
  • Options
    Rush was inducted into the Hollywood Rock Walk outside of Guitar Center in Los Angeles earlier today (November 20) and the band talked about the induction and got their hands dirty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBISliyI ... e=youtu.be

Peace

• Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    I know it's most unusual to come before you so!

:)

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/ar ... -73657268/
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Clockwork Angels named in the top 20 metal albums of 2012! Now are you mall-prog RUSH poser nerds gonna accept that RUSH are metal once and for all??

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/tools/full/165862

Who's your daddy now.

Peace

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Anybody else check out the new 2112 5.1 release?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    April 23 Austin, TX @ Frank Erwin Center
    April 26 Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ BB&T Center
    April 28 Orlando, FL @ Amway Center
    May 1 Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena
    May 3 Raleigh, NC @ PNC Arena
    May 5 Virginia Beach, VA @ Farm Bureau Live At Virginia Beach
    May 7 Baltimore, MD @ 1st Mariner Arena
    May 9 Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun
    May 11 Atlantic City @ Etess Arena

Fort Lauderdale And Orlando and and maybe Baltimore Whoo Hoo!!! PARTY TIME.

PEACE

• Options
    g under p wrote:

PEACE

Closest one to me is CT, but I have a little one on the way so no dice this time around :(
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    g under p wrote:

PEACE

Closest one to me is CT, but I have a little one on the way so no dice this time around :(

I completely understand, once on the VT Tour I didn't go because we had the Beltway Sniper all over the DC Metro area. Plus my daughter and I chose not to go to that Baltimore show because the next day we were off to London for 2 weeks. That was going to be her first Rush show, she was 6 then and now she's seen 5 shows. She will be going with me to the Sunrise/Fort Lauderdale show. She has always wanted to play drums, she admires
    The Professor but at such a young age I just couldn't take the noise back then.

Peace

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Rush headlining Summerfest this year! I have to go!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    RUSH mentioned on Jeopardy...

http://news.cygnus-x1.net/2013/03/rush- ... pardy.html

Even though Alex Trebeck mis pronounced Neil's name the correct answer was given.

Peace

• Options
    I am sitting out this tour (not happy about it) but the setlist they are touring on SUCKS.. IMO .

I am ok with including a good number of new songs in the set but the WHOLE ALBUM?

Plus the "perimeter" songs included do nothing for me..

I'm as hard core as the next RUSH FAN BUT how about breaking out:
    JACOBS LADDER?

Bring back XANADU and BY-tor!

How about "Between the Moon and the Sun" or "CUT TO THE CHASE"?

Give is more than a one show "ENTRE NOUS"??

Sadly the best thing about the current tour is (literally) the last song:
    Grand Finale from 2112.
    That's the "kick ass" stuff they need more of throughout the whole set..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    I am sitting out this tour (not happy about it) but the setlist they are touring on SUCKS.. IMO .

I am ok with including a good number of new songs in the set but the WHOLE ALBUM?

JACOBS LADDER?

Grand Finale from 2112.

Sorry you don't seem to get what they are doing this tour.
  • Options
    Ok.. I'm not a dummy..or a hater...
    I Love Rush!
    But its the equivalent of playing the entire BACKSPACER album every night

What are they trying to do this tour?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I just wanted to say that the riff on working man is tremendous. It is so metal.
    \m/
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    rush-stamp.jpg?w=680[/url]

As if finally being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame tonight wasn't enough, Rush are now also getting their own postage stamp! The legendary progressive rockers are one of four bands - the others are Beau Dommage, the Guess Who and the Tragically Hip - being included in the latest set of Canadian Recording Artist stamps from Canada Post. The stamp will be available beginning July 19 at Canada Post retail outlets or http://www.canadapost.ca/shop/shop.jsf? ... rl09004768

I think this is kool.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on

• Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    Love or hate Rush, you can not deny that Neil Peart is on of the BEST drummers on the planet.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHkucr1jJpQ
  • Options
    locked wrote:

JACOBS LADDER?

Grand Finale from 2112.

I stand by this statement.
    Any word whether they will be revamping the setlist for the summer..?
    (Opening notes of "Jacobs ladder" play in the background)
    ;)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    LOVE :thumbup:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    Seeing them Friday in a 10K capacity arena, side stage lower bowl seats, gonna be great.
  • Options
    Pure fucking class, man!

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/07/12/ru ... ood-relief

Canadian rockers Rush have pledged to hand over the money raised from an upcoming show in Alberta to a flood relief fund for locals.

Severe storms have devastated areas in the province in recent weeks, resulting in the death of at least four people, and leaving more than 100,000 displaced across the region.

Rush changed the location of their July 24 Calgary concert to a venue in nearby Red Deer in the aftermath of the floods, and they are now turning the show into a benefit to help locals affected by the disaster.

Frontman Geddy Lee says, "After seeing the devastation from the recent floods, we felt compelled to do what we could. While we had hoped to avoid cancelling the Calgary show, venue safety concerns have closed the venue. Our apologies to all of the fans that bought tickets to the Calgary show for any inconvenience.

"We're hoping they – along with the great people of Red Deer – can come to the Enmax Centrium for what has now become a benefit concert. We'd like to thank everyone helping to put on this show for joining us in donating their time and services so we can raise as much money as possible to help those in need."

The rockers are donating their fee from the gig, as well as proceeds from ticket sales, to the Alberta Relief Fund of the Red Cross. They will also be paying for their own expenses to maximise the amount of money which can be given to charity.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    Behind Zeppelin and Pearl Jam, my favorite band ever.
    There's no matching the technical skill of these guys.
    Can you say 30+ years and still pumping out kick ass records & tours!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    Saw them tonight, first time, AWESOME!
  • Options
    awilkins wrote:
    Saw them tonight, first time, AWESOME!

Nice.