Options

The LOVE Of The Band RUSH

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9GLpfRLZCk

The Professor like someone said...showing some grace under pressure. As a drum head breaks, then gets fixed and he contiunes on through one of my favorite tunes...The Camera Eye.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    g under p wrote:

The Professor like someone said...showing some grace under pressure. As a drum head breaks, then gets fixed and he contiunes on through one of my favorite tunes...The Camera Eye.

Peace

TCE is in my top handful of songs by any band ever.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

TCE is in my top handful of songs by any band ever.

It certainly is my most listened to of all bands.

Here's one of the best intro's to Tom Sawyer.... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezbKwNs ... re=related

The original studio isolated Drum Track from Rush's Tom Sawyer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=ZsuvYqHZYNg

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Only band I've seen live more than Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    I get the same eye rolls from people for wearing my rush shirts as I do for my pearl jam shirts..
    Enough said...
    Sorry I'm not putting your Jimmy buffet / Bruce Springsteen / tim McGraw shirts on...
    I have standards in tbe quality of music I listen to...
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/OswYwv5ga58
    In case anyone hasn't seen it! The Time Machine Trailer...DVD

2.gif

Peace

• Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    didn't we just go through this for PJ20?

http://www.dandeentertainment.com/rush-time-machine/
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,706
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

look dude. moving pictures LIVE on film!!! Back off!! 8-)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    What proves that the people who vote for the Rock and Roll HOF have NO CLUE as to what is up is that they have The Small Faces and The Faces listed as one band, when all it would take is a 30 second internet search to realize that THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT BANDS.

I live in Austin where Ian McLagan lives, who played keyboards in both bands, I was @ his show a couple of weeks ago and he was saying what a bunch of IDIOTS the the R&R HOF people are and how disrespectful it is to both bands to not even know the difference.

That and the fact that Stevie Ray Vaughan has not even been on the ballot! I know there are a lot of music critics and people out there that didn't care for his music, but give me a freaking break with not even being on the ballot! ESPECIALLY after some of the people and groups that have been on the ballot and actually voted in, it's a JOKE! :roll:
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

look dude. moving pictures LIVE on film!!! Back off!! 8-)
    And I will be there for this tonight!!!!

2 hr 47 min of live RUSH with theater sound!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Well, That was worth the price of admission and lack of sleep for work today.

Sound was good but didnt do RUSH justice. At least as memory serves. Wasnt as "electric" as I remember it being live.

• Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

Sound was good but didnt do RUSH justice. At least as memory serves. Wasnt as "electric" as I remember it being live.

There's nothing seeing and hearing Rush Live. I'll have this DVD soon just to bring back a few memories of 3 shows I saw.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

There's nothing seeing and hearing Rush Live. I'll have this DVD soon just to bring back a few memories of 3 shows I saw.

Peace
    Other than a a kickass show, do you think there was different reason for choosing Cleveland to film at? Like maybe a dig at RRHOF?

• Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Sound was good but didnt do RUSH
    justice. At least as memory serves. Wasnt
    as "electric" as I remember it being live.

Well it could be that Cleveland was the first American city they played live way back when. At this point they really don't care about the rarhof they care about creating great music and amazing concerts. They have released soany live concerts Cleveland was due to get a shot.

Peace

Peace
    Other than a a kickass show, do you think there was different reason for choosing Cleveland to film at? Like maybe a dig at RRHOF?

• Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    Cleveland was the first place to start playing Working Man or a regular basis and that's basically how they got a record deal with a major label.
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    Anyone else already pre-order the Sector box sets?
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    BinFrog wrote:

I'll probably pass on these, but I do want to get the Time Machine blu-ray. Have you picked it up yet?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:

I'll probably pass on these, but I do want to get the Time Machine blu-ray. Have you picked it up yet?

Should be in the mail I think.
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:

Should be in the mail I think.

Im getting this for myself it looks good since I don't have aal of the remasters....

http://news.cygnus-x1.net/2011/11/rush- ... tracks.htm

Peace

• Options
    They are going to, apparently, send out replacement discs for some of the Sectors discs. Major production flaws.
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    They are going to, apparently, send out replacement discs for some of the Sectors discs. Major production flaws.

I heard something about this but I was quite clear as to what the flaws were. I'll be patient and wait for the good stuff, I certainly have more than enough material to hold me over till its fixed.

Peace

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    BinFrog wrote:
    I noticed that there were problems with the DVD discs being reported in the reviews for the Sectors on Amazon.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    From a Rush fan....
    I went to go and see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra yesterday for the 9th time since 2006 at the ACC and they absolutely killed it once again! On the way out, I see a familiar face walking up the stairs...sure enough it's Howard Ungerleider (Rush's lighting director) and we chatted for a little bit. So I asked him about the upcoming tour and album and he said that everything is pretty much wrapped up and the boys are gearing up the machine for a fall 2012 tour starting in September!

Bust out the champagne!

A tour to start in the fall I hope it starts here in S. Florida.

Peace

• Options
    Looks like it was just posted this morning- Neil is offering a special hat for sale in the spirit of his "BeYourself" balaclava hat (as seen on his new DVD). According to his site, he states "I wanted to create something for my fans that carried a message that they could possibly read and remind themselves of everytime they look into a mirror". He mentions "The hat's idea also stems from essentially the same message that is conveyed in the song, "Limelight".
    696.jpg

Neil goes on by saying "Getalifeinc., is a new program geared to help my fans realize that they don't have to go through the rest of their lives as worthless and directionless automatons".

Also noted from Neil: "I am also offering another hat available in the essence of the black-hole Cygnus X-1 theme. This hat will be the ultimate statement that, "yes, I am the quintessential Rush fan". I can't convey enough how much I endorse this product". Hats are modestly priced at $21.12 each.

yes_i_suck_hat-p148790108035899313qz14_400.jpg

BTW....Straight males should NOT get the "Yes I suck Hat" :D

Peace

• Options
    I like this image in cartoon....

rushart.jpg

Peace

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    g under p wrote:

rushart.jpg

Peace

Love that :D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
    I don't think they made Geddy's nose big enough ;)

g under p wrote:

rushart.jpg

Peace
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options

• Options
    HolyTrimuvate.jpg

Hoping for a tour in the FALL for the new album .

Peace