• Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    When did they add Jacobs ladder to the setlist??,,

Love the version on Exit...!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    rushavatar.gif

"You young ones out there, we hope you've gone to the bathroom....you older ones, I hope you've taken your appropriate medication! Few hours of music for ya right now, this is a couple of songs off our latest album...this is called "Driven"" - Geddy Lee

This is so true especially in my case cause I'm way up there in my age bracket. 8-)

neilpeartshrine_tiny.jpg

av-3081.gif

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    locked wrote:
    When did they add Jacobs ladder to the setlist??,,

Love the version on Exit...!

They didn't, they haven't played Jacobs Ladder since Moving Pictures "Warm Up Tour" and actually didn't play it after for the actual Moving Pictures Tour.

It is believed the setlist remained the same throughout this tour.

2112 (Overture/Temples of Syrinx)
    Freewill
    By-Tor and the Snow Dog (abbreviated)->
    Xanadu
    Limelight (early version, different introduction)
    The Trees
    Hemispheres (Prelude)
    The Spirit of Radio
    Closer To The Heart
    Beneath, Between and Behind
    Tom Sawyer (early version, different second verse)
    Jacob's Ladder
    A Passage to Bangkok
    Natural Science
    Working Man (reggae intro)
    Finding My Way
    Anthem
    Bastille Day
    In The Mood
    Drum Solo
    Encore: La Villa Strangiato
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
    Fender_Man wrote:
    Rush were my obsession from the first time I saw them in 1978 up until the Grace Under Pressure album in 1984. I fell out of love with them when the keyboards started to dominate their sound

+1
    I was the biggest Rush fan ever until the keyboards took over. Before that, I had never heard such a sound coming from three people. Neil Peart is still a god in my eyes. I can still put on Fly By Night, 2112, or A Farewell to Kings and be in complete bliss.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Well, now I can see Rush every time they tour for the rest of my life. Last night in Concord, CA, during 2112, Alex walked over to my wife, stood on a speaker, waited for her to get her hands ready, and then reached down and gave her his pick -- DURING 2112.

So yep, I can pretty much go to any Rush show I want to now!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    from the YouTube clips, it looks like Neil is finally having fun on tour and not as stoic as he was during the snakes and arrows tour...
    I realize he has suffered the loss if his wife and daughter back then ..

loved seeing neils "stick play/ stick tosses" are back in his stage presence!

long live rush!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    locked wrote:
    from the YouTube clips, it looks like Neil is finally having fun on tour and not as stoic as he was during the snakes and arrows tour...

long live rush!

Snakes and Arrows was a few tours after the tragedies actually. Not to go into details but that all happened in 97 and 98. Their first tour back was 2002 (Vapor Trails album) and the Snakes & Arrows tour was in 2007.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Going to see them tonight!!!
    #FHP
  • Options
    acutejam wrote:
    Well, now I can see Rush every time they tour for the rest of my life. Last night in Concord, CA, during 2112, Alex walked over to my wife, stood on a speaker, waited for her to get her hands ready, and then reached down and gave her his pick -- DURING 2112.

So yep, I can pretty much go to any Rush show I want to now!

Now there's something you and your wife will never forget. AWESOME!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    locked wrote:

long live rush!

Snakes and Arrows was a few tours after the tragedies actually. Not to go into details but that all happened in 97 and 98. Their first tour back was 2002 (Vapor Trails album) and the Snakes & Arrows tour was in 2007.

Also don't forget RUSH had the 2005 R30 World Tour which was captured live in Germany on DVD. Love Neil's drum kit for that tour...the gold trim was just too pretty emblazed with the logos from all the other albums.

http://theparadiddler.com/wp-content/up ... np_r30.jpg

600full-rush%3A-r30-poster.jpg

Peace

• Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    What a great show last night! Probably get flamed for this but Pearl Jam could learn a thing or two from these guys. No opening act and 3+ hours of Rush!
    #FHP
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    g under p wrote:

Also don't forget RUSH had the 2005 R30 World Tour which was captured live in Germany on DVD. Love Neil's drum kit for that tour...the gold trim was just too pretty emblazed with the logos from all the other albums.

Peace

My buddy has one of these.

Neil-Peart-Snare.jpg
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

Peace

I didn't forget...just showing the span :)
  • Options

• Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    So, I know this might be kind of a silly request, but if anyone can help, it'd be the lovely Jammers here... My sister and I have been huge fans of Rush for years, and see them together everytime they hit up the Gorge. Long story short, her birthday is coming up, and I would like to get her an old Rush handbill and frame it. Problem is, I can only seem to find the reproductions. Anyone have any ideas where I could get my hands on A real
    one?
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    Lukin66 wrote:
    So, I know this might be kind of a silly request, but if anyone can help, it'd be the lovely Jammers here... My sister and I have been huge fans of Rush for years, and see them together everytime they hit up the Gorge. Long story short, her birthday is coming up, and I would like to get her an old Rush handbill and frame it. Problem is, I can only seem to find the reproductions. Anyone have any ideas where I could get my hands on A real
    one?

I might be a bit old school but what exactly is a handbill? I posed the question on the Rush forum and I'm awaiting an answer.

Peace

• Options
    51qulaAaBXL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    760325handbill.jpg
    Rush-Madison-Square-Garden-Concert-Handbill.jpg
    Handbills were advertisments bands used to produce in the 60's, 70's and 80's. They were fairly small, average being around 4.5" x 9". They were distributed to promote concerts and tons of them were made. Not too many bands do them nowadays, but you can walk down the Strip in Vegas and get tons of them :twisted: ...just not for concerts. In any case, I can find glossy reproductions, but I'd really love to be able to get ahold of an original. I've been striking out though, probably because they were ads, and no one really keeps them for 30 years, haha.
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    Lukin66 wrote:
    51qulaAaBXL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    760325handbill.jpg
    Rush-Madison-Square-Garden-Concert-Handbill.jpg
    Handbills were advertisments bands used to produce in the 60's, 70's and 80's. They were fairly small, average being around 4.5" x 9". They were distributed to promote concerts and tons of them were made. Not too many bands do them nowadays, but you can walk down the Strip in Vegas and get tons of them :twisted: ...just not for concerts. In any case, I can find glossy reproductions, but I'd really love to be able to get ahold of an original. I've been striking out though, probably because they were ads, and no one really keeps them for 30 years, haha.

Gotcha...I know what they are now. I have one of them signed by my friend Michael Franti to my daughter. Yes they seem to be hard to find is what I'm hearing from the Rush forum too after so many years. However give it some time someone will post something that can help.

Peace

• Options
    4818_1.JPG

That's the best I could find in a quick search.....

Here's the rest of the page...

http://www.planetwelk.com/Rush/Posters

Peace

• Options
    Thanks so much for keeping an eye out!
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    Love the music! Despise the vocals!

No one can argue the amount of incredible talent at play in this band though. If they made an instrumental album, I would definitely buy it.
  • Options
    Love the music! Despise the vocals!

No one can argue the amount of incredible talent at play in this band though. If they made an instrumental album, I would definitely buy it.

The odd thing is when I first heard and listened to RUSH back in 76' I hardly noticed Geddy's vocals. I was amazed at their musicmanship and of course the album 2112. It wasn't until the Grace Under Pressure Tour was i able to see and hear them live and the vocals I never focused on.

I can say I've seen the Smashing Pumpkins and to me Billy Corgan's vocals grab my attention more so than Geddy.

303RushCartoon.jpg

Peace

• Options
    Some never before seen photos of 2.gif in 1977.

RUSH Live 1977

I don't know the story behind the photos but I'll find out later, do enjoy.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/K ... led-21.jpg?

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:

RUSH Live 1977

Peace

Awesome
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    I love Geddy's voice and the way that he uses it. Some of Neil's lyrics are awkward, but they can also be brilliant, usually all within the same song! :lol: The music is always impeccable.
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

RUSH Live 1977

Peace

Here's more about the photos....

Thank you for the kind words. I'm just following someones wishes.

Actually, these photos were not taken by me (I was only 8 at the time). I was "gifted" a bunch (LOTS!) of unpublished photos of concerts from the Chicago area around the late 70s and early 80s by a local media photographer. I just wanted to show these first. I have been given permission to "share" them. The note I was given said, "You'll know how to let the fans' enjoy these."

I think he was right.

I'll finish up the 1979 photos this week. These are a bit - better. And there is a lot more

Enjoy!

Kozmo

Peace

• Options
    neil-1.jpg

I'm late but Happy Birthday just the same Neil... :D

Peace

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
  • Options
    Is anyone really surprised by this...in 5 years PJ will be eligble to get in and WILL probably get nominated BEFORE RUSH! That said I hope they never get in and if they do politely decline the inivite but the boys are gentlemen and wouldn't do such a thing. The bad has said in the past they don't care about getting in TRRHOF most of their thoughts and energy are being placed on their new album Clockwork Angels and I don't care either.

The people who vote on bands for the RRHOF don't understand progressive rock music. It's beyond their scope of musical aptitude. They have a prog stereotype stuck in their heads, and they apply it to every band that's associated with the genre:

"The songs all have lots of notes and odd time signatures and they're all over 10 minutes, and the lyrics are all about Hobbits or Dungeons & Dragons or that mystical crap that Jon Anderson sings about. All that complexity and lyrical pondering doesn't say anything. Prog music has no heart or soul. All prog is pretentious."

The voters are into "pertinent, socially important " music. They're impressed with Bruce singing about New Jersey factory workers, or Bono and Sting singing about the rain forest or world hunger (and maybe those are stereotypes as well, but that's what the Hall is into). They're also into record sales and popularity.

10 Reasons why Rush got snubbed yet again!

1. Alex Impregnated one of the Hall of Fame's Presidents daughter!

2. They are so great, they are considered Gods and hence, ineligable.

3. Geddy's nose will cast a shadow among all other nominees.

4. Greatness requires their own individual catagory.

5. They're still to stupid to understand what Neil is writing about.

6. Geddy's singing was so high, their building is still recovering from all the broken windows.

7. They still haven't progressed beyond a 4/4 time signature.

8. Neil is so great, They believe He's a machine, hence ineligable.

9. Alex's dog crapped in the President's office.

10. They know by snubbing the boys, they'll get an incredible increase of hits at their website from disgruntal Rush fans !.....losingit2k

2.gif Rulz!

My current ratings from top to bottom:

War
    Heart
    The Spinners
    Rufus with Chaka Khan
    Beastie Boys
    Guns 'N Roses
    Donna Summer
    Eric B. & Rakim
    The Cure
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Freddie King
    Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
    The Small Faces/The Faces
    Laura Nyro

Peace