NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Big Drop wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

haha ... that was like listening to the guy that calls celtics games ... the bias is so bad it's funny ...

i would take p.k. subban on my team any day ... i'd rather have a guy try to draw a penalty than give a cheap shot hit to the head like andrew ference ... there's gamemanship and then there is just dirty ...

You honestly took the words right out of my mouth. Subban is a firecracker. If there's one thing I've learned about the state of hockey by watching all the games in the first round of the playoffs this year, it's that there is no respect whatsoever between the guys on the ice. I've seen more headshots and more boarding penalties and hits to the back within the first round than I've seen within any one season before. You seriously have the audacity to look for sympathy by posting this? How about you post the check in the back Lucic put on Spacek? Subban is an alter boy compared to half the dudes that skate for Boston.

Considering a sixth seed just took you into overtime of game seven, I'd say you have bigger problem to worry about than Subban trying to draw a holding penalty. Philly isn't small like Montreal is and they sure as hell don't care one way or another if your players are being taken home in pine boxes at the end of the night.

I honestly can't wait to watch these two teams cheap shot eachother into stupidity. Good luck whoever gets to face Washington in the ECFs.
    :clap::clap::clap:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    The Fixer wrote:

Oh I had them in the second round long before that. People seem to just ignore that they had more wins than the Flyers without their best players for the second half of the season. Their top three offensive players played in a total of two games together all season. The East is weak and the Pens are as good as anyone, with or without Crosby and Malkin.

we tried telling you one game didn't mean anything. at least you have the pirates :lol:

Well the lack of scoring finally caught up to them. Going 1-33 on the PP isn't going to win any series that's for sure. Fleury bounced back and gave them a chance but the tank was empty.

Not a fan of the Pirates or Steelers but I look forward to the top 4 seeds battling it out.

Unlike Philadelphia's dreadful handeling of Lindros when he had his concussions Pittsburgh should be commended for taking their time with Crosby.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Uhg.
    Pick Me, Pick me, yeah
    Let a long, low signal
    At ease, at least, yeah
    Everyone is hollow

Pick me, pick me, yeah
    Everyone is waiting
    Pick me, pick me, yeah
    You can even pay them

Hey!!!!!.......

Dive, dive, dive, Dive in me
    Dive in me

Kiss this, kiss that, yeah
    Let a long, low signal
    At ease, at least, yeah
    You can be my hero

Pick me, pick me, yeah
    Everyone is waiting
    Hit me, Hit me yeah,
    Im real good at hating

Hey

Dive in me

Dive in me
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    with regards to the checks from behind ... i think guys are actually looking for it trying to draw penalties ... i've never seen so many guys not protect themselves knowing they are gonna get hit ...
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

Well the lack of scoring finally caught up to them. Going 1-33 on the PP isn't going to win any series that's for sure. Fleury bounced back and gave them a chance but the tank was empty.

Not a fan of the Pirates or Steelers but I look forward to the top 4 seeds battling it out.

Yeah...I kind of figured they would be spent after going so long without 2 main players

Helluva run though considering everything
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    Funny, with the intense and exciting first round and all the 7-game series, OT's, etc., the NHL ended up with an NBA-like 1, 2, 3 & 5 seeds advancing in both conferences. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    polaris_x wrote:
    with regards to the checks from behind ... i think guys are actually looking for it trying to draw penalties ... i've never seen so many guys not protect themselves knowing they are gonna get hit ...

you can't say that with montreal fans looming because they'll get offended. they're probably calling 911 at this moment complaining about the missed calls during the series. it's what they do best.
    polaris_x wrote:

you can't say that with montreal fans looming because they'll get offended. they're probably calling 911 at this moment complaining about the missed calls during the series. it's what they do best.

haha ... you must be the guy the toronto comment was directed at ... :lol:
    polaris_x wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

probably lol it's pretty entertaining how bitter people can get
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    polaris_x wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Johnny, tell him what he's won. :|
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
    Big Drop wrote:
    Johnny, tell him what he's won. :|

Who me? I had nothing to do with this! :lol:;)

Habs fans are ridiculous, with still booing Brierre 5 years after he signed with another team as a FA. :roll: Flyers fans perfected the mocking Ole Ole chant. :lol::D

I'm so sick of the lame-ass "Ref You Suck" chant. Even heard it from Miami Heat fans last night. Flyers fans will do it like 2 minutes after a 5-on-3 power play. :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    habs fans are like philly fans ... incessantly passionate and decidedly opinionated ... ;):mrgreen:
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    YEEEAHH so excited for tonight. Haffajappa will be in tha HOUSSSE
    LETS GO BOYS!

VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TROIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?!?!?!!?!?!?

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!! (they don't like me saying that in Denver :lol: )
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    polaris_x wrote:
    habs fans are like philly fans ... incessantly passionate and decidedly opinionated ... ;):mrgreen:
    Every team has 'em!

Except Phoenix.
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Sorry for all the teams who did not move on last night. Congratulations to those who did. :D I hope the hockey is up to the calibre we all hoped for from our teams. :mrgreen:

:shh: Although my husband is a huge Habs fan...secretly I am happy the Habs are out :oops: ...my time as a hockey widow is over for this year! :lol::lol::lol:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    Is it me, or has the NHL surpassed the NBA in popularity? Just look at this thread compared to the NBA thread.

I cant say I know more than 1-3 fans of the NBA, compared to hundreds of hockey fans.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Is it me, or has the NHL surpassed the NBA in popularity? Just look at this thread compared to the NBA thread.

I cant say I know more than 1-3 fans of the NBA, compared to hundreds of hockey fans.

Much of the USA, such as the West, couldn't care less about the NHL. but I think the league has made great strides, especially when you look at the latest TV contract, which is somewhat comparable to the NBA's.

Can you imagine an NBA #1 seed wildly celebrating a first round Game 7 win over a #8 seed? Or a Conference Finals with the 7 & 8 seeds? Yeah right! :lol:

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    MayDay10 wrote:

You wouldn't know it by watching ESPN. According to ESPN, the NHL consists of two teams, the Caps and Pens (at least in regards to the replays during the regular season).

I'm slowly converting my friends into hockey fans. I sucker them in by playing NHL 11 which teaches them the game. My good friend the other night remarked that three years ago he would have never considered watching hockey but now he loves it.

I think H.D. TV has helped hockey more then any other sport.
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    Rygar wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    Every team has 'em!

Except Phoenix.

Don't you need a team in order to have fans?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
    Jason P wrote:
    You wouldn't know it by watching ESPN. According to ESPN, the NHL consists of two teams, the Caps and Pens (at least in regards to the replays during the regular season).

I can't even stomach ESPN anymore. I pretty much watch MLB & NHL networks now. And then they've got fucking Barnaby on there - the guy was a horrible player and is almost as bad an analyst. Glad the NHL told them to shove it on the TV contract. They have absolutely no respect for hockey.

The NFL draft coverage is sickening. Not only are 3 other leagues in full swing, but the league is LOCKED OUT! Who the fuck cares?

Jason P wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

I'm slowly converting my friends into hockey fans. I sucker them in by playing NHL 11 which teaches them the game. My good friend the other night remarked that three years ago he would have never considered watching hockey but now he loves it.

i've been saying that the nhl will become more popular than the nba since the lockout. it's going to happen, and how beautiful the irony will be with bettman running the league
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    MayDay10 wrote:

I can't speak about if the NHl is more popular overall than the NBA but i will say that i believe that hockey fans are much more passionate. I like basketball but in reality if i don't watch a game i don't really care. with the NHL i hate missing games.

I look at hockey as a sport of outsiders. very much like Pearl jam fans
    MayDay10 wrote:

it's demographics when it comes to this board ...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    overall, the NBA kills the NHL. this forum just happens to have a bunch of clowns that like to blab about hockey.

I like both. i just wish my teams weren't over lapping on game nights. makes it a pita to watch both.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_B ... en_ratings

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Cu ... on_ratings

stanly cup finals doesn't hold a candle to the NBA finals in the states
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Jason P wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

F ESPN AND F THE DRAFT

i'm so glad buttman give you the FU to espn and stuck with vs/nbc. bout the only good thing he's done.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    overall, the NBA kills the NHL. this forum just happens to have a bunch of clowns that like to blab about hockey.

I like both. i just wish my teams weren't over lapping on game nights. makes it a pita to watch both.

agree ('cetp for pita..no idea what that means :? :) )

and as for the comment that no one cares about hockey out west...it's true, no one goes to games, there's never any sellouts...oh wait that completely untrue :roll:
    pain in the ass
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    pain in the ass

:thumbup: