NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    Congrats Canucks!

No Blackhawks, you will not be joining the 0-3 club. :D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Congrats Canucks!

Whew ...
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    The Sabres are eliminated which means I jump on my yearly Western Canada bandwagon, which is normally prioritized to Vancouver.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Congrats to the Canucks! (even though I was hoping you would lose so I could avoid 10:30 pm games between the Sharks and Redwings ;) )

Also, congrats to the Hawks for showing some real heart and taking this series to the brink.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    That was a heartbreaker last night. What a great series.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    wow ... how do you give up a SH goal at the end of regulation!?? ... i was pretty sure if they lost - there would be a riot in vancouver!! ... hahaha ...

thank goodness they won ...

i say they beat nashville in 5 ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    wow ... how do you give up a SH goal at the end of regulation!?? ... i was pretty sure if they lost - there would be a riot in vancouver!! ... hahaha ...

I hope some games from that series end up on TV. I'd like to check out this Shea Weber guy. It's not like we get to see Nashville that often around here.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I hope some games from that series end up on TV. I'd like to check out this Shea Weber guy. It's not like we get to see Nashville that often around here.

you do NOT want to be within 10 feet of his slap shot ... he fires rockets ... we're lucky up here ... we get every single game on tv ... and that's without any special package ... i pay $30 a month for satellite and it includes tsn/tsn2 ...
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Jeez, one dominating performance over a 7th seed with significant injuries (and a center playing his first game since December) and you guys are already planning the parade.

Who the fuck is planning a parade? Your boy came into our thread talking shit about the Finals. I hadn't even thought about Detroit. I'm still not.

GO SHARKS!!! :mrgreen:

Try living surrounded by Wings fans...if you didn't hate the Wings before, it wouldn't take you long before. I think they are the most annoying fans in sports...they go on and on about we made the playoffs 20 straight years...since '90 they've only won 1 more cup than Pittsburgh and New Jersey...and I suspect Pittsburgh could win a few more with Crosby and Malkin, if healthy.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    polaris_x wrote:

I know I couldn't believe they gave up a SH goal, I thought they would have played it more conservatively...but Toews is amazing. Chicago looks like they have a bright future in goal and maybe looks like they may be contenders again next year.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 wrote:
    Try living surrounded by Wings fans...if you didn't hate the Wings before, it wouldn't take you long before. I think they are the most annoying fans in sports...they go on and on about we made the playoffs 20 straight years...since '90 they've only won 1 more cup than Pittsburgh and New Jersey...and I suspect Pittsburgh could win a few more with Crosby and Malkin, if healthy.

Oh is that what 20 years means? BFD - Flyers have only missed the playoffs once since 1994. Obviously I am insanely jealous of anyone who has won any Cups in the last 20 years. :twisted:

People in Canada like the Wings? They're a team that plays in USA and is full of Swedes. :?

polaris_x wrote:

I think Vancouver-Nashville is going to be a great series. Nashville is really tough...I can see this one going 6-7 games.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I know I couldn't believe they gave up a SH goal, I thought they would have played it more conservatively...but Toews is amazing. Chicago looks like they have a bright future in goal and maybe looks like they may be contenders again next year.

yeah ... dave bolland was a series-breaker ... i think if they had him from game 1 - it might not have turned out this way ...
    lukin2006 wrote:

Oh is that what 20 years means? BFD - Flyers have only missed the playoffs once since 1994. Obviously I am insanely jealous of anyone who has won any Cups in the last 20 years. :twisted:

People in Canada like the Wings? They're a team that plays in USA and is full of Swedes. :?

I live across the river from Detroit...so I'm surrounded by them...I'm not trying to take away from their accomplishments...20 straight years in the playoffs and 4 cups are very good accomplishments...but their not only 1 cup better than Pittsburgh and Jersey...and their fans start planning the parade in August...but far better accomplishments...Edmonton 5 cups in 7 Years (late 80's)...Islanders 4 straight (early 80's)...Montreal 6 (70's), 4 (60's), 6 (50's)...I think it was last week that Jimmy Devellano president of the wings was in the paper saying that they should be considered a dynasty because of the salary cap you'll probably never see someone win a lot of cups in a row. Well Jimmy your run started about 15 years before the cap came into place...just arrogance.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    detroit is a well run organization, no doubt, and they have had a ton of success.

their fans are generally knowledgable, although like any fans of a team with a lot of success, they can be annoying.

cubs fans are by far the worst. they flap their gums non stop at wrigley, yet never win and when they do have a decent team the fans act like they are going for a six peat.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

yeah ... dave bolland was a series-breaker ... i think if they had him from game 1 - it might not have turned out this way ...

I couldn't agree more. Bolland's return made a huge difference.
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Lukin2006, you are a Leafs fan, aren't you?
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
    polaris_x wrote:

you do NOT want to be within 10 feet of his slap shot ... he fires rockets ... we're lucky up here ... we get every single game on tv ... and that's without any special package ... i pay $30 a month for satellite and it includes tsn/tsn2 ...

My understanding is the new TV contract starting next year stipulates that all playoff games will be on some NBC network or Vs. :D

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    polaris_x wrote:

Yeah, we all knew, there would either be a riot or a party like no body's business.
    Luckily it was the latter!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    polaris_x wrote:

My understanding is the new TV contract starting next year stipulates that all playoff games will be on some NBC network or Vs. :D
    This is such a bizarre concept to me, as a Canadian I guess, to have to hope that some playoff games make it to TV :shock:
    I guess its a hard time when the NBA is on, we had to beg the guy at the bar in Vegas to switch one of the 10 TVs from basketball to the Canucks game!
    MFCarissa wrote:

Nope...come playoff time I root for the Canadian teams though...

That was a heartbreaker last night. What a great series.
    Yeah! You guys definitely gave BC a collective heart attack. So many people had written you off by the end of game 3, which pissed my superstitious self off so royally!
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    lukin2006 wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:

Nope...come playoff time I root for the Canadian teams though...

Dang, I thought I had you pegged as a Leafs fan before you said you were from Windsor. If I had a nickel for every Leafs fan who shows up to a game where they're not playing with a Leafs jersey on...

Sens?
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.

oh ... we'll have our hockey!!! ... you can't beat the play by play of jim hughson!! ...

it's been a great first round ... overtimes all over the place ... 7 game series ... pretty awesome stuff ...
    81 wrote:
    detroit is a well run organization, no doubt, and they have had a ton of success.

their fans are generally knowledgable, although like any fans of a team with a lot of success, they can be annoying.

cubs fans are by far the worst. they flap their gums non stop at wrigley, yet never win and when they do have a decent team the fans act like they are going for a six peat.

I don't have any problem with the Red Wings - they are winners. They play that European style, which works for them. It's not what we're used to in Philly, but whatever.

But I don't see why somebody has to start mocking us right after a big Game 7 win when there really isn't any rivalry between the Wings & Flyers at all. I mean, there was a Final that wasn't even remotely competitive 14 years ago. Flyers finally won a game at Detroit this year breaking a 22-year drought, but it was regular season so who cares? Between the lack of actual matchups, geographic distance and the general one-sidedness it's by no means a rivalry.

It's not like I look back at the 97 Finals at all - we never had a chance. The series that haunt me are 96 Panthers, 00 Devils and 10 Blackhawks.

MFCarissa wrote:
    Dang, I thought I had you pegged as a Leafs fan before you said you were from Windsor. If I had a nickel for every Leafs fan who shows up to a game where they're not playing with a Leafs jersey on...

Sens?

he hates toronto! ... haha ... like everyone else in canada! ... :lol:
    polaris_x wrote:

oh ... we'll have our hockey!!! ... you can't beat the play by play of jim hughson!! ...

it's been a great first round ... overtimes all over the place ... 7 game series ... pretty awesome stuff ...

I know - very exciting so far. Tonight should be awesome! I wonder if the Pens will ever score a PP goal again.

Sometimes the first round is so great and then the rest of the playoffs are boring, so we'll see how it goes.

I'd like to see the Flyers win a "boring" series. (like last year vs. Montreal :D )

polaris_x wrote:

agree about jim hughson...on tsn i like ray feraro's analysis.

polaris_x wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:

Sens?

he hates toronto! ... haha ... like everyone else in canada! ... :lol:

haha...since chatting with you i've softened on toronto... :lol::lol::lol:. Actually I did't think Burke would turn it around, but I see hope in Toronto, maybe playoffs next year, and yes I'll be rooting for them if they make the playoff.

lukin2006 wrote:
    haha...since chatting with you i've softened on toronto... :lol::lol::lol:. Actually I did't think Burke would turn it around, but I see hope in Toronto, maybe playoffs next year, and yes I'll be rooting for them if they make the playoff.

:shock:

:lol: ... you need to visit more often ... assholes only make up like 15% of our population ... haha