NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    lukin2006 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    we tried telling you one game didn't mean anything. at least you have the pirates :lol:

Well the lack of scoring finally caught up to them. Going 1-33 on the PP isn't going to win any series that's for sure. Fleury bounced back and gave them a chance but the tank was empty.

Not a fan of the Pirates or Steelers but I look forward to the top 4 seeds battling it out.

Unlike Philadelphia's dreadful handeling of Lindros when he had his concussions Pittsburgh should be commended for taking their time with Crosby.

please. when lindros was getting concussions every other game there was hardly any medical research being done. in those days the theory was put a band aid on it and get back out there.

you forgot to mention how the team handled keith primeau's concussions

so nice try.
    Round 2 Series Odds

Flyers -115, Boston +105
    DC -175, TB +155
    Van -225 :o, Nash +190
    Det -115, SJ +105

I had big money on TB and Nash in round 1...small bet on the NYR

This round I like TB and SJ to win their series. Will prob take the flyers too, but I think that series could go either way.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    lines are about what i would expect. nhl is so wide open. i think DC takes their series.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    lines are about what i would expect. nhl is so wide open. i think DC takes their series.

the caps are a bitch team. they might win that series, but I think it will be close. I'm putting my money on TB because there is value on them with that line. I think those teams are pretty evenly matched
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    The Fixer wrote:
    Round 2 Series Odds

Flyers -115, Boston +105
    DC -175, TB +155
    Van -225 :o, Nash +190
    Det -115, SJ +105

I had big money on TB and Nash in round 1...small bet on the NYR

This round I like TB and SJ to win their series. Will prob take the flyers too, but I think that series could go either way.

I would pick the Philly, TB, van and Det to all win.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    81 wrote:
    bolts have a really good goalie. rollie can take them far, very far.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    polaris_x wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Is it me, or has the NHL surpassed the NBA in popularity? Just look at this thread compared to the NBA thread.

I cant say I know more than 1-3 fans of the NBA, compared to hundreds of hockey fans.

it's demographics when it comes to this board ...

Yeah, that is probably true.

I grew up in Buffalo, where NBA Basketball is less than an afterthought.

Working in Philly now though has opened my eyes. Of course the Phillies and Eagles rule the school. The Flyers are pretty popular too, but on a different level. The 76ers are a real low priority here as far as sports go.
    I like that TB line a lot
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Unlike Philadelphia's dreadful handeling of Lindros when he had his concussions Pittsburgh should be commended for taking their time with Crosby.

Well, they kinda screwed up in the beginning, so they have to make up for it now. He was clearly concussed in the Winter Classic, and it was exacerbated when he got smushed into the boards by Hedman in the next game. Apparently after the Classic, Crosby even said he didn't remember the hit at all. I'm no doctor, but I know people who have been concussed, and that's a very bad sign. That's why they have those protocols now with the quiet room and everything. He should have never been cleared to play in that Tampa Bay game.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
    MayDay10 wrote:

esp with mike green being one solid hit away from being done. I wish I could bet on steve downie taking a run at green. man, I wish the flyers still had him...
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    norm wrote:
    and as for the comment that no one cares about hockey out west...it's true, no one goes to games, there's never any sellouts...oh wait that completely untrue :roll:

So, you're in LA right? Are the Kings more popular than the Lakers? Please. It's a big area, so I guess there are plenty enough people to fill arenas for 2 hockey teams. The Ducks won the Stanley Cup - how many people went to the parade? The 2 Flyers parades had 2M and 2.3M people. :!: (yeah, I know it was forever ago)

In Philly the Flyers crush the 76ers in popularity. It's not even competitive.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i forgot that sports are all about parades :lol::lol::lol:
    We have never had anyone at a Sabres parade so our fans must suck
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    MayDay10 wrote:

Yeah, your team should move to Salt Lake City. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    MayDay10 wrote:

Yeah, your team should move to Salt Lake City. :lol:
    shhhhh don't give me buttman anymore ideas. bad enough we're giving him ideas of moving teams to Oklahoma and Alaska. :lol::lol:

• The Fixer wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

esp with mike green being one solid hit away from being done. I wish I could bet on steve downie taking a run at green. man, I wish the flyers still had him...

Gambling problem much?
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,987
    The Fixer wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Gambling problem much?

It's not a problem if you're winning.

duh!

Gambling problem much?

seriously. when people say that I just laugh. like gambling is a bad thing.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:

Gambling problem much?

:lol:

preds are a nice bet tonight
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The Fixer wrote:

:lol:

preds are a nice bet tonight

I don't know. Van -1.5 @ +160 might be the play.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:

yowsers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yowsers

went with the preds. laid 50 to win 90 :D
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    yea canucks are on a hangover...take the dog
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    yea canucks are on a hangover...take the dog

shit, I lost
    good first period for the preds :D
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Have the Preds even won a faceoff yet?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13

their strategy is to make the canuks tired by taking all of these shots
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    The Fixer wrote:

:lol::lol: Some form of ropa-dope?? It works for teams against the wings sometimes..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    The Fixer wrote:

:lol::lol: Some form of ropa-dope?? It works for teams against the wings sometimes..

exactly. the preds should get credit for crossing the vancouver blue line with the puck