NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Watch em fuck around and win this thing.. I wouldn't be surprised
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    soooo a hip check is now interference? :? :roll: :lol:
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    norm wrote:

the NHL rules are almost as bad as the NFL. you can't hit anyone in either sport anymore. it's a shame...
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    The Fixer wrote:
    norm wrote:

the NHL rules are almost as bad as the NFL. you can't hit anyone in either sport anymore. it's a shame...
    At least a base runner can still cream a catcher in the base path in an otherwise contact free sport.. LOVE IT!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    The Fixer wrote:
    norm wrote:

At least a base runner can still cream a catcher in the base path in an otherwise contact free sport.. LOVE IT!!

MLB will always be the best. Not much to change as far as rules go.
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    norm wrote:

Nearly every D man for the Canucks has made a hip check this year and this is the first penalty? I smell bullshit.

Besides that we were lucky to come out of that game with a win. Preds missed on a few really good chances.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    So which team played a tough 7 game series and which 1 had 4 days off?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    norm wrote:

Nearly every D man for the Canucks has made a hip check this year and this is the first penalty? I smell bullshit.

Besides that we were lucky to come out of that game with a win. Preds missed on a few really good chances.

That was a BS call...I have to disagree about the win...you guys could have been up 5 or 6 zip after 2 periods.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

The Fixer wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    [
    Well the lack of scoring finally caught up to them. Going 1-33 on the PP isn't going to win any series that's for sure. Fleury bounced back and gave them a chance but the tank was empty.

Not a fan of the Pirates or Steelers but I look forward to the top 4 seeds battling it out.

Unlike Philadelphia's dreadful handeling of Lindros when he had his concussions Pittsburgh should be commended for taking their time with Crosby.

please. when lindros was getting concussions every other game there was hardly any medical research being done. in those days the theory was put a band aid on it and get back out there.

you forgot to mention how the team handled keith primeau's concussions

so nice try.

Nope it was dreadful...sorry...when they knew there was a problem their handling of the situation by that so called GM Clark was dreadful.

MFCarissa wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Unlike Philadelphia's dreadful handeling of Lindros when he had his concussions Pittsburgh should be commended for taking their time with Crosby.

Well, they kinda screwed up in the beginning, so they have to make up for it now. He was clearly concussed in the Winter Classic, and it was exacerbated when he got smushed into the boards by Hedman in the next game. Apparently after the Classic, Crosby even said he didn't remember the hit at all. I'm no doctor, but I know people who have been concussed, and that's a very bad sign. That's why they have those protocols now with the quiet room and everything. He should have never been cleared to play in that Tampa Bay game.

Did they screw up or did Crosby? Did he tell them the truth? But that's irrelevant, once they knew they had a problem on their hands they dealt with it properly, imo. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he could have played, they just elected to not play him.

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    The Fixer wrote:
    Have the Preds even won a faceoff yet?

their strategy is to make the canuks tired by taking all of these shots
    :lol::lol:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    norm wrote:
    I couldn't tell over all the boos around me but I heard they called it 2 min for "clipping" :?: :lol:
    Rinne deserved first star, he kept them in it... we were on his end tonight, I couldnt believe the saves he was making.
    haffajappa wrote:
    norm wrote:
    I couldn't tell over all the boos around me but I heard they called it 2 min for "clipping" :?: :lol:
    Rinne deserved first star, he kept them in it... we were on his end tonight, I couldnt believe the saves he was making.

You were at the game? Awesome...Vancouver and Montreal are cities that I want see a game at...the fans are so passionate :D:D:D. I'm pulling for the Canucks...LETS GO CANUCKS.

It was a clipping penalty because Tootoo is a midget and the ref said that Ballard checked him at the knees. If that had been a regular shoulder leading hit it would have been a headshot. Either way Ballard was getting a penalty. lol.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    norm wrote:

You were at the game? Awesome...Vancouver and Montreal are cities that I want see a game at...the fans are so passionate :D:D:D. I'm pulling for the Canucks...LETS GO CANUCKS.
    Yeah... its goosebump material!
    Except the 6:00 start was kind of lame, lots of people not in their seats at puck drop because of work.

Would have loooooooved to be at game 7, but this one was fun. lots of people said the game was boring but i had a blast, watching us humiliate the predators... its not like we didnt have a bunch of chances, like i said, if it was for rinne it would have been 5 or 6 zip!
    I wish more Canucks game had an early start, I live in the East, a 7pm start is a 10pm start for me, even if the game doesn't go into overtime it's over at 1am. One overtime is about a 2am finish, etc.
    gagne is in dead place
    did tampa's coach get hit in the face with a hot iron? he looks like seal's white brother
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    who u bet?

i took dogand over as a goof
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    who u bet?

tampa in series and took them to win tonight. getting out of the first period tied would be a miracle
    The Fixer wrote:
    who u bet?

tampa in series and took them to win tonight. getting out of the first period tied would be a miracle

another penalty..yes it would be
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    and i bet your real happy i bet em :lol:
    and i bet your real happy i bet em :lol:

I think we are gonna win. weathered the storm there
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    why is everyone sleeping on the caps? they are a very dangerous team, imo. they could easily come out of the east. wouldn't suprise me one bit
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    holla.

love downie
    81 wrote:
    why is everyone sleeping on the caps? they are a very dangerous team, imo. they could easily come out of the east. wouldn't suprise me one bit

bitch team. not physical enough
    HOLLLLAAAAAA

the caps stink
    The Fixer wrote:
    HOLLLLAAAAAA

the caps stink

caught the over with that empty netter :mrgreen::mrgreen: holla
    The Fixer wrote:
    HOLLLLAAAAAA

the caps stink

nice work.

now let's go sharks

I love gambling
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    HOLLLLAAAAAA

the caps stink

nice work.

now let's go sharks

I love gambling

ohhhhhhhhhhh took the wings :o:lol: and the over

just messing with some parlays... betting is fun...when u win :mrgreen: