NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Big Drop wrote:

Been betting on sports since high school (15 years). Absolutely love it. Some people just aren't disciplined enough to handle it. I mostly bet on football and college hoops...then playoffs with MLB and NHL.

Can't believe the sharks got a double minor in OT on that call. THe NHL rules are ridiculous. Another nice win for the FIxer though :D

I wish our fantasy thing was for some money. The Fixer is dominating that as well.

Go Flyers today
  • Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    Notice how the top 3 seeds & the 5th seed all advanced this year...

(1) Canucks vs (5) Predators
    (2) Sharks vs (3) Red Wings

(1) Capitols vs (5) Lightning
    (2) Flyers vs (3) Bruins

I would like to see Canucks & Wings in the west & Lightning & Bruins in the east

Then in the final: Wings vs Bruins

Winner: Bruins
    Gibson1972
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Car dealer ordered to remove Canucks signage

The NHL's legal department has told a Vancouver car dealership to take down the 'Go Canucks Go' sign on its windows, but the manager says he was just trying to get into the playoff spirit.
    Kingsway Honda manager Doug Lum says he received a letter from the NHL on Thursday telling them the signs and logos are a copyright infringement and must be removed.
    "Consumers are likely to be misled that the Vancouver Canucks have an official relationship with your dealership," NHL legal counsel Kelley Lynch wrote in the letter.
    Lum insists they weren't trying to cash in on the Canucks name and doubts the signs could bring in new customers. Instead they were simply trying to get into the spirit of the playoff run.
    "It just seems kind of ridiculous, their slogan is 'We're all Canucks,'" said Lum.
    "We're trying to be all Canucks, but they're not letting us be all Canucks," he said.
    And he says it's ironic because Honda actually has a close relationship with the NHL.
    "Honda Canada is the official car company of the NHL, so go figure," he said.
    Still, Lum isn't planning to fight the NHL's demands, and on Thursday morning a sign company worker was busy with a razor knife scraping off the Canuck's familiar logo.
    But he only removed the letters C and A from the slogan, leaving a sign that read, "Go 'nucks GO."
    The Canucks play the Nashville Predators in the second game of the quarterfinals serves on Saturday at 6 p.m. on CBC TV.

I wish this guy had told the NHL and their legal council where to go...yup thanks the Bettman and the US owners they want to bring US style frivolous lawsuits to Canada.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    lukin2006 wrote:

The NHL's legal department has told a Vancouver car dealership to take down the 'Go Canucks Go' sign on its windows, but the manager says he was just trying to get into the playoff spirit.
    Kingsway Honda manager Doug Lum says he received a letter from the NHL on Thursday telling them the signs and logos are a copyright infringement and must be removed.
    "Consumers are likely to be misled that the Vancouver Canucks have an official relationship with your dealership," NHL legal counsel Kelley Lynch wrote in the letter.
    Lum insists they weren't trying to cash in on the Canucks name and doubts the signs could bring in new customers. Instead they were simply trying to get into the spirit of the playoff run.
    "It just seems kind of ridiculous, their slogan is 'We're all Canucks,'" said Lum.
    "We're trying to be all Canucks, but they're not letting us be all Canucks," he said.
    And he says it's ironic because Honda actually has a close relationship with the NHL.
    Still, Lum isn't planning to fight the NHL's demands, and on Thursday morning a sign company worker was busy with a razor knife scraping off the Canuck's familiar logo.
    But he only removed the letters C and A from the slogan, leaving a sign that read, "Go 'nucks GO."
    The Canucks play the Nashville Predators in the second game of the quarterfinals serves on Saturday at 6 p.m. on CBC TV.

I wish this guy had told the NHL and their legal council where to go...yup thanks the Bettman and the US owners they want to bring US style frivolous lawsuits to Canada.
    WTF?
    Our translink buses say GO CANUCKS GO on them... why doesnt Bettman's legal clowns sue our transit system too.
    Nearly EVERY business is showing off their Canucks spirit.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    haffajappa wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

WTF?
    Our translink buses say GO CANUCKS GO on them... why doesnt Bettman's legal clowns sue our transit system too.

It is seriously stupid isn't it...no wonder people laugh at the NHL :lol::lol::lol:. I just wish the guy would have kept his sign up...last thing we need imported from the states is these frivolous american style lawsuits...

Heck during the OHL playoffs tons of business here put up signs that say go spits go, and the OHL probably needs the money more then the NHL...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

WTF?

It is seriously stupid isn't it...no wonder people laugh at the NHL :lol::lol::lol:. I just wish the guy would have kept his sign up...last thing we need imported from the states is these frivolous american style lawsuits...

Heck during the OHL playoffs tons of business here put up signs that say go spits go, and the OHL probably needs the money more then the NHL...
    well it looks like he found a loop hole, so that's good. I drive past this dealer going to work sometimes... i didnt even phase me he had the sign up, just because everyone has signs up.
    its not like anyone was going, OH look they are affiliated with the NHL, better buy a new Civic from Kingsway Honda
    haffajappa wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

WTF?

well it looks like he found a loop hole, so that's good. I drive past this dealer going to work sometimes... i didnt even phase me he had the sign up, just because everyone has signs up.
    its not like anyone was going, OH look they are affiliated with the NHL, better buy a new Civic from Kingsway Honda[/quote]
    :lol::lol::lol:

:(
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    Gibson72 wrote:
    I would like to see Canucks & Wings in the west & Lightning & Bruins in the east

Then in the final: Wings vs Bruins

Winner: Bruins

wings/bruins final would be awesome, but i kind of want to see san jose in there. i'm not too far from detroit (on the canadian side) and it's getting boring how good the wings consistently are lol
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    haffajappa wrote:
    :(

I heard that.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    that's the thing with luongo ... he lets in some really bad goals at the worst times ...

rinne was pretty awesome again but the lack of finish on vancouver is troubling ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    that's the thing with luongo ... he lets in some really bad goals at the worst times ...

rinne was pretty awesome again but the lack of finish on vancouver is troubling ...

If the Sedins played the first 3 periods like they played in OT then they would likely be up 2-0...yes he gives up bad goals...hard for me to really fault Luongo, I never considered him Roy or Brodeur like.

The twins aren't gritty enough...might be time to make a line change.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    San jose beating down detroit in the playoffs? Seems about right.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    big goal for ovie....and here we go again with another OT game

god what a great sport
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

god what a great sport

the caps stink. gotta like my two series bets (tampa and SJ) both going up 2-0 :D
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Reminds me when the NFL started threatening to sue vendors in New Orleans during their Super Bowl run because the NFL trademarked "Who's Dat?" during the playoffs.
    atta boy stamkos
    tampa again. LOVE IT
    wow quick change... fuck the caps
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

you bet? Over 5 for this guy. cha ching

another TB win would be gravy
    The Fixer wrote:

you bet? Over 5 for this guy. cha ching

another TB win would be gravy

no bet..but kcuf the caps

good job
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Hmmm....guess stevie g wont be posting until the fall
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    nice elbow ovie :roll:
    let's go. drop the puck. feel like I'm watching the NFL with all this standing around
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• The Fixer wrote:

god what a great sport

the caps stink. gotta like my two series bets (tampa and SJ) both going up 2-0 :D

Hey, I'll bet you can't go more than 3 posts without some sort of mention of how much
    you love to bet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D50bjRjwHc&feature=related
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Wooooooo Hoooooo!!!! TFG!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Wooooooo Hoooooo!!!! TFG!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    I'm sure i'm wooing for the same reasons but... what's TFG :oops: lol
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    TFG=ThankFuckingGod

that was a bs call by the ref on weber if i've ever seen one. that's coming from someone who didnt bet on the game or have a rooting interest in the game
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?