NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    I don't have any problem with the Red Wings - they are winners. They play that European style, which works for them. It's not what we're used to in Philly, but whatever.

But I don't see why somebody has to start mocking us right after a big Game 7 win when there really isn't any rivalry between the Wings & Flyers at all. I mean, there was a Final that wasn't even remotely competitive 14 years ago. Flyers finally won a game at Detroit this year breaking a 22-year drought, but it was regular season so who cares? Between the lack of actual matchups, geographic distance and the general one-sidedness it's by no means a rivalry.

It's not like I look back at the 97 Finals at all - we never had a chance. The series that haunt me are 96 Panthers, 00 Devils and 10 Blackhawks.

It's because The Fixer was being his usual self a few pages back, which incited Cavstarr. Just a little silly/sarcastic trash talk. I don't actually care enough to get into it with Flyers fans. I picked the Caps to come out of the East anyway, I just think they are different than the Caps of the past several years.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    polaris_x wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Dang, I thought I had you pegged as a Leafs fan before you said you were from Windsor. If I had a nickel for every Leafs fan who shows up to a game where they're not playing with a Leafs jersey on...

Sens?

he hates toronto! ... haha ... like everyone else in canada! ... :lol:
    Hahahaha... so true..
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    Man, how good was Crawford last night? Actually throughout the whole series I've been impressed. He should be very proud!

So relieved Burrows buried that, we had so many chances and got robbed
    haffajappa wrote:
    Man, how good was Crawford last night? Actually throughout the whole series I've been impressed. He should be very proud!

He's an RFA. I wonder how much $$$ he'll get.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    81 wrote:
    detroit is a well run organization, no doubt, and they have had a ton of success.

their fans are generally knowledgable, although like any fans of a team with a lot of success, they can be annoying.

cubs fans are by far the worst. they flap their gums non stop at wrigley, yet never win and when they do have a decent team the fans act like they are going for a six peat.

Håkan Andersson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Håkan_Andersson_(ice_hockey)

It's this fellow who makes it look easy for Ken Holland...he's a huge reason the wings have been so successful.

However I believe they no longer have an advantage in Europe...I think about '90 they were really concentrating their efforts in Europe, there really wasn't a ton of Europeans in the NHL at that time. Now I think every team spends a significant amount in Europe and they have really closed the gap.

If the wings were not winning they'd have an half empty arena...as it is now during the regular their are a lot of empty seats.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    haffajappa wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Dang, I thought I had you pegged as a Leafs fan before you said you were from Windsor. If I had a nickel for every Leafs fan who shows up to a game where they're not playing with a Leafs jersey on...

Sens?

Hahahaha... so true..
    LOL
    haffajappa wrote:

Yeah Burrows went from hero to could be goat to hero in one game...impressive.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    haha...since chatting with you i've softened on toronto... :lol::lol::lol:. Actually I did't think Burke would turn it around, but I see hope in Toronto, maybe playoffs next year, and yes I'll be rooting for them if they make the playoff.

:shock:

:lol: ... you need to visit more often ... assholes only make up like 15% of our population ... haha

I wanted to...I wanted to go to soundgarden...then when I figure the cost of tickets x2...gas...meals...just to expensive...thats when I started thinking we need a high speed rail link like they've been talking about forever.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    My understanding is the new TV contract starting next year stipulates that all playoff games will be on some NBC network or Vs. :D

oh ... we'll have our hockey!!! ... you can't beat the play by play of jim hughson!! ...

it's been a great first round ... overtimes all over the place ... 7 game series ... pretty awesome stuff ...

agree about jim hughson...on tsn i like ray feraro's analysis.

I think Bob Cole is the best, even presently
    Does Crosby play tonight? If he don't play tonight and Pittsburgh advances I think he's been shutdown for the year.

Rygar wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    Sens?

Hahahaha... so true..
    LOL[/quote]

Go Habs...all Canadian final...

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I think Bob Cole is the best, even presently

great voice but he's senile now ... :D
    lukin2006 wrote:

I'm definitely cheering for the Habs!
    Every year I wish for an all Canadian final but it never happens lol :(

Let's hope....... history will be made! :D
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    haffajappa wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I'm definitely cheering for the Habs!
    Every year I wish for an all Canadian final but it never happens lol :(

Let's hope....... history will be made! :D

Us too!!
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Does Crosby play tonight? If he don't play tonight and Pittsburgh advances I think he's been shutdown for the year.

he won't play unless he is 100% recovered ... they can't afford another lindros like situation ... he's way too valuable ...
    Just got my playoff ticket for game 2.
    206.00 dollars for the upper balcony... The lower bowl is like 500+ dollars! They're s/o anyways, even if i was that rich and stupid
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    haffajappa wrote:
    206.00 dollars for the upper balcony... The lower bowl is like 500+ dollars! They're s/o anyways, even if i was that rich and stupid

thats nuts.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    haffajappa wrote:
    $206 ... That's about how much I would spend in gas to get to The Joe and back. :D ... :x ... :cry:
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    There's talk of Atlanta moving to Winnipeg if the Coyotes figure out how to stay. I guess then the Thrashers would move to the west and Red Wings to the East. That would be bad. :mrgreen:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    There's talk of Atlanta moving to Winnipeg if the Coyotes figure out how to stay. I guess then the Thrashers would move to the west and Red Wings to the East. That would be bad. :mrgreen:
    Geographically, Nashville would be the prime candidate to move to the SE division.

Naw, they'd probably give you guys Columbus to beat on.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    MFCarissa wrote:

Naw, they'd probably give you guys Columbus to beat on.

Hey watch it...I might be a Wings fan but I'm from Columbus and support the local team, even if they are inept. Although put them in the East and they are suddenly contenders :mrgreen:
    81 wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

thats nuts.
    Yeah, that's why I find it funny when people find their tickets expensive... And also I find it crazy that some places you can buy tickets for like 15 dollars. But I guess I understand, when the Grizzlies were in Vancouver they couldn't give away tickets. Definite role reversal
    The Sabres' face value for the upper bowl tickets were $75 - $90.

The season ticket holder's paid our normal STH price. Which is a steal
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Jason P wrote:
    Geographically, Nashville would be the prime candidate to move to the SE division.
    Nashville would be sick in the east. it make the SE division the best division in the east.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

MayDay10 wrote:
    The Sabres' face value for the upper bowl tickets were $75 - $90.

The season ticket holder's paid our normal STH price. Which is a steal
    equallyworthless and i are on the wait list for game packs/season's tickets.
    i think he said the wait is like 2 years for a game pack.
    i dont even know how long we wait for seasons hahaha... hopefully by then i will have money!

the price of living in a hockey city!
    Oh and we ended up getting tickets for tomorrow, not Sat.
    So look for my broke ass up in the nosebleeds! YEAH!

GO CANUCKS! :D
    it took me a few years to get to the front of the Sabres' waiting list. Its worth it though because I pay for a season now what I paid for a pack of 10 games previously.

edit: and yes, Go Canucks
    MayDay10 wrote:
    it took me a few years to get to the front of the Sabres' waiting list. Its worth it though because I pay for a season now what I paid for a pack of 10 games previously.

edit: and yes, Go Canucks
    even if i can't afford it i'm just going to go to a few of the games and sell the majority of the tickets to family and friends. i think most people do that anyways.
    This first round is intense.