NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I just like youth oriented teams...get the younger guys experience...being a Detroit fan youth is a foreign word ;), I more than satisfied...but we Canadians love our hockey...so we talk about any hockey that comes up.

When people call the Wings old, I take it as a compliment. My old bunch of geezers haven't missed the playoffs since I was about 2. I'll take that over the lottery pick any day.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    From Schneider: "Just cramped up real bad. I could feel it coming after the second...It was real frustrating...Its something that used to happen to me in the AHL. A lot of nervous energy, probably sweating a little more than normal, got a little dehydrated."

It was an amazing game, great storylines. We should have won that thing in regulation, I don't see how you can look at the decision to play Shneider as anything but a mistake. Those two goals were atrocious. Bush League play that doesnt belong in the playoffs. Lou would not have handled the puck like that and would have saved all else. Can't believe this thing is going to game 7. My fandom has never been tested so much.

We are blowing a 3-0 lead to a the team that has kicked us out the past two years, we win the presidents trophy this year, they don't even EARN getting in the playoffs, its just unthinkable if we make it three years in a row, combined with another Presidents Trophy winner that doesnt get out of the first round. The city will never live this one down. Unfortunately, Coach V will be let go too. He doesnt deserve that.

Go Canucks Go?

So if they blow this lead...where do the canucks go from here?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    MFCarissa wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I just like youth oriented teams...get the younger guys experience...being a Detroit fan youth is a foreign word ;), I more than satisfied...but we Canadians love our hockey...so we talk about any hockey that comes up.

When people call the Wings old, I take it as a compliment. My old bunch of geezers haven't missed the playoffs since I was about 2. I'll take that over the lottery pick any day.

that is true...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

Shea Weber earns first Norris Trophy nomination

http://www.windsorstar.com/sports/Lidst ... story.html

Gotta go with Chara on this 1, I've watched every game of the Boston and Montreal series...if he's played like that all year...wow, he reminds me a lot of Larry Robinson. He's my type of D man...

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    lukin2006 wrote:

Gotta go with Chara on this 1, I've watched every game of the Boston and Montreal series...if he's played like that all year...wow, he reminds me a lot of Larry Robinson. He's my type of D man...
    he's my type of D man too, oh wait already had him :( :(
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Did you guys trade him? or was it free agency?

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    lukin2006 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

chara and muckalt and the 01 #2 overall pick(spezza) for yashin. i could rattle off former isles players in this years playoffs but then i'd have to find milbury and a shoe or 2.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

I didn't think Chara was really impressive in the regular season this year. I was surprised he got nominated. Tim Thomas' .938 SV % was a much bigger factor than anything Chara did defensively, and he was 19th among defensemen offensively. My Bruins fan acquaintance has complained about his turnovers and untimely penalties this year. It seems that Norris nominations over the past few years have gone to the defensemen with the most points at the end of the season, so this group is a refreshing change. Shea Weber is amazing. He'll win a few of these in the future.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    lukin2006 wrote:

we keep everything the same. have another amazing regular season, ensuring we dont meet the hawks in the first round. another team takes care of them in the first round, yeah thats it. then we skate to the cup. finally.

honestly i dont know what to do if we lose this. nobody does. its just a headscratcher.

Chew on this Canucks fans: The last team to be taken to 7 Games in the FIRST round and still go on to win the Stanley Cup was the 1991 Penguins.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    MFCarissa wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

While the wings are not my favorite team, i still believe they are the best run team in the NHL. to be able to be that good for so long is just incredible.
    metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

chara and muckalt and the 01 #2 overall pick(spezza) for yashin. i could rattle off former isles players in this years playoffs but then i'd have to find milbury and a shoe or 2.

All that for Yashin...ouch

Did you guys trade him? or was it free agency?[/quote] chara and muckalt and the 01 #2 overall pick(spezza) for yashin. i could rattle off former isles players in this years playoffs but then i'd have to find milbury and a shoe or 2.[/quote][/quote]

every time i hear milbury talk bad about a player i am just reminded how bad he was as a GM and realize that i would have more to worry about if he liked one of my players. one of the worst GM ever.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    lukin2006 wrote:

we keep everything the same. have another amazing regular season, ensuring we dont meet the hawks in the first round. another team takes care of them in the first round, yeah thats it. then we skate to the cup. finally.

honestly i dont know what to do if we lose this. nobody does. its just a headscratcher.

Chew on this Canucks fans: The last team to be taken to 7 Games in the FIRST round and still go on to win the Stanley Cup was the 1991 Penguins.

So is Luongo getting the start tomorrow night or what? I pray that he does...
    fife wrote:
    every time i hear milbury talk bad about a player i am just reminded how bad he was as a GM and realize that i would have more to worry about if he liked one of my players. one of the worst GM ever.

I don't understand how they allow him on TV. He was the NHL's answer to Matt Millen, except worse.
    lukin2006 wrote:

if Vancouver loses the first thing that will happen is the coach will get fired (don't think he should but he will) Vancouver is a very good team but don't have the killer mentality you need to win in the playoffs. Vancouver also in my opinion doesn't have someone on their team that can put the team on their shoulders and say follow me. that is why Toews did last year and Sidney did the year before. all great teams need that player
    MFCarissa wrote:
    fife wrote:

I don't understand how they allow him on TV. He was the NHL's answer to Matt Millen, except worse.

I agree 100%. him and Barnaby are clueless
    MFCarissa wrote:
    I didn't think Chara was really impressive in the regular season this year. I was surprised he got nominated. Tim Thomas' .938 SV % was a much bigger factor than anything Chara did defensively, and he was 19th among defensemen offensively. My Bruins fan acquaintance has complained about his turnovers and untimely penalties this year. It seems that Norris nominations over the past few years have gone to the defensemen with the most points at the end of the season, so this group is a refreshing change. Shea Weber is amazing. He'll win a few of these in the future.

the only time I've really watch Chara has been this series...he's been good this series...yes Shea Weber's a good one...putting bias's aside who do think should win Weber or Nick.

fife wrote:
    chara and muckalt and the 01 #2 overall pick(spezza) for yashin. i could rattle off former isles players in this years playoffs but then i'd have to find milbury and a shoe or 2.[/quote][/quote]

every time i hear milbury talk bad about a player i am just reminded how bad he was as a GM and realize that i would have more to worry about if he liked one of my players. one of the worst GM ever.[/quote]

I can'y stand Milbury either...Terrible GM

lukin2006 wrote:

I would normally say that is growing pains...but with the salary cap the way it is...the Chicago and Pittsburgh model seems to be the way it is keep your star players and delete and add to you 3rd and 4th lines. Vancouver was built to win this year...whats the situation for next year? are they fine cap wise? lots of free agents?

Even Detroit lost some 3rd and 4th liners and had to go with less experienced players...thats the new NHL and Bettman wants it that way.

• Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I would normally say that is growing pains...but with the salary cap the way it is...the Chicago and Pittsburgh model seems to be the way it is keep your star players and delete and add to you 3rd and 4th lines. Vancouver was built to win this year...whats the situation for next year? are they fine cap wise? lots of free agents?

Even Detroit lost some 3rd and 4th liners and had to go with less experienced players...thats the new NHL and Bettman wants it that way.

Fuck Gary Bettman's NHL.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
    lukin2006 wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:

the only time I've really watch Chara has been this series...he's been good this series...yes Shea Weber's a good one...putting bias's aside who do think should win Weber or Nick.

Chara had some pretty brutal turnovers in one of the first two games that Boston lost, I think it was game 2. They'll give the Norris to old man Nick to cap off his career. Weber will get his day in the future. He and Suter are one of the best defensive pairings in hockey, but no one notices, because they play in Nashville.
    lukin2006 wrote:

Chicago is going to have a rough off-season again this year. They have a lot of players to sign, including 2 goalies, with not enough cap space. Matching the Sharks offer sheet on Hjalmarsson was a huge mistake. I thought they were going to have to let Seabrook go for sure, but they went and signed him to a huge deal that is going to make things even harder for them over the summer.
    MFCarissa wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:

Chara had some pretty brutal turnovers in one of the first two games that Boston lost, I think it was game 2. They'll give the Norris to old man Nick to cap off his career. Weber will get his day in the future. He and Suter are one of the best defensive pairings in hockey, but no one notices, because they play in Nashville.

i could not agree more about Weber and suter. great Dman. I still think the future of defense is still Drew doughty. that kid is going to be great.
    MFCarissa wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Chicago is going to have a rough off-season again this year. They have a lot of players to sign, including 2 goalies, with not enough cap space. Matching the Sharks offer sheet on Hjalmarsson was a huge mistake. I thought they were going to have to let Seabrook go for sure, but they went and signed him to a huge deal that is going to make things even harder for them over the summer.

I can see them trading Sharp and Turco will be gone also. they will have to bring up a back-up from the farm.
    MFCarissa wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

They are not managing the cap very well then.

MFCarissa wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:

I kind of think Lidstrom will get it as well...awards are kind of subjective anyways,imo.

fife wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

i could not agree more about Weber and suter. great Dman. I still think the future of defense is still Drew doughty. that kid is going to be great.

They got another that will be there in 2-3 years...Ryan Ellis...plays for the 2 time defending memorial cup champions Windsor Spitfires...has a great shot...can skate...good hockey sense...very physical...great leader... only real down size I can see is he's about 5'10 not the biggest player.

I think we have some really great d-man playing right now. its a very exciting time.
    fife wrote:
    I can see them trading Sharp and Turco will be gone also. they will have to bring up a back-up from the farm.

According to Cap Geek, 11 players to sign (6 who are RFAs) with about 8,400,000 in cap space. Crawford is an RFA, and Turco's contract is up (I think his career is over). Frolik is also an RFA. Sharp was probably their best player this season at a reasonable $3.9 million, so if I was GM, I wouldn't trade him, but I also wouldn't have re-signed Seabrook for $5.8 million.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    MFCarissa wrote:
    fife wrote:

If Milbury on-air is the NHL version of Matt Millen, what is Roenick? The NHL version of Leslie Visser?