NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    metsfan wrote:

And I thought the west had shitty enough travel schedules.. could you imagine a 7 game series between Detroit and Alaska?
    haha nope

it'd only be like a 6 or 7 hour flight and games starting at 11pm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    And I thought the west had shitty enough travel schedules.. could you imagine a 7 game series between Detroit and Alaska?

My college in western Michigan was in the same hockey conference (CCHA) as Alaska-Fairbanks. It made no sense. It was all colleges in Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana... and Alaska-Fairbanks. But I guess they had to put them somewhere.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
    metsfan wrote:

haha nope
    I think Edmonton has it the worst throughout the year but, why is Detroit in the west again?

maybe because they are futher west than most....you could make a case atlanta shoudl be west and columbus east
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    metsfan wrote:

haha nope
    I think Edmonton has it the worst throughout the year but, why is Detroit in the west again?

I actually think Dallas has the worst travel. They aren't near anyone, even in their own division.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
    maybe they should move the islanders out west
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    81 wrote:

By "out west" do you mean Japan? They might be able to win some games over there
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Even though the NHL has become a bitch league and you can't hit anyone anymore, the first round of the playoffs has been awesome.

haha, right on cue. a guy gets hit too hard...penalty. so gay
    The Fixer wrote:
    Even though the NHL has become a bitch league and you can't hit anyone anymore, the first round of the playoffs has been awesome.

haha, right on cue. a guy gets hit too hard...penalty. so gay

He got 5 for that!?! :o
    wow. maybe the worst call I've ever seen. SJ just got railroaded
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    ^^^im listening to LA radio for this one, what was the hit?^^^^

GO KINGS! they should end it here....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24

they gave him a major for 'charging'. shouldn't have even been a penalty. he got penalized for smearing someone.

fucking gay. society has become pussified
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Fixer wrote:

they gave him a major for 'charging'. shouldn't have even been a penalty. he got penalized for smearing someone.

fucking gay. society has become pussified
    QFT
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

The Fixer wrote:
    society has become pussified

I didn't know Ed Randell was a member of the Message Pit ;)
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:

By "out west" do you mean Japan? They might be able to win some games over there
    poke fun at the isles all you want but i'll get the last laugh when the isles are hoisting the cup weather it be in brooklyn or queens or long island.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    metsfan wrote:

haha nope

Move Detroit to the East and make an original six division...then we'd be talking rivalry and great hockey :D:D
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:

Move Detroit to the East and make an original six division...then we'd be talking rivalry and great hockey :D:D
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Heisenberg wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Bring Chicago too.. I hate them, but love to play them..

What would "west" hockey be at that point?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Heisenberg wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Bring Chicago too.. I hate them, but love to play them..

What would "west" hockey be at that point?

Yes forgot about Chicago...who do we move from the East to the west? Atlanta as 1, the other ???
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Thornton. Sharks Win. :(
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    I wanted LA to win this game, but I'm kinda glad that SJ ended up winning after that horrendous call.

And I have thornton in the fantasy thing ;)
    Thornton. Sharks Win. :(

Thorton??? amazing...

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Hey the sharks actually did something.. :thumbup:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    The Fixer wrote:
    I wanted LA to win this game, but I'm kinda glad that SJ ended up winning after that horrendous call.

You're still going down! ;)
    Heisenberg wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

You're still going down! ;)

Just looked at that thing for the first time since I picked my team. Nice to see myself in first place. :D
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    Did anyone mention the Penguins clinching the "Worst Penalty Shot of the Year" award? :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Well Canucks time to step up...I think they'll win...but gotta crash the net.

Did anyone mention the Penguins clinching the "Worst Penalty Shot of the Year" award? :lol:

This one was worse...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsV_OqIPkPY

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    lukin2006 wrote:

This one was worse...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsV_OqIPkPY

Haha - nice. Still wasn't in a close game or in the playoffs though...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

oh lord.....that was great :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    well we have 3 out of 8 series going to 7 games

and we could have a 4th going (bruins -habs)

gotta love this sport
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......