NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    5 hole against 1 is just stupid. As of this moment I have 44 points, which puts me 97th percentile in all of ESPN's playoff challenge, and I'm second to last place in 5 hole against 1. Freaking ridiculous.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Wow, Vancouver. Just wow.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Wow, Vancouver. Just wow.
    Choking it away. Entertainging ot
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    2 game 7's on tuesday!!!! sweeeeet

beautiful play by hossa to set it up
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • hawks got heart. No doubt. Man if the Canucks blows this...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    Game 7 here we come! Wow, what a game. I cant believe it...
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951

beautiful play by hossa to set it up

agreed. he stuck with that thing, but

Dear Ben Smith:

FUCK OFF

Sincerely,
    Canuck Nation
    :cry:
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    They're saying "LUUUUUUUUU", I swear! ;)
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    holy shit what a game. Hawks injure both Canuck goalies in the series and force game 7. If Van. loses, head coach and lou are gone imo. Bolland has brought the hawks back into this thing and frolik and smith came up huge!!! Let's go Hawks!!!
    pjfan021 wrote:
    holy shit what a game. Hawks injure both Canuck goalies in the series and force game 7. If Van. loses, head coach and lou are gone imo. Bolland has brought the hawks back into this thing and frolik and smith came up huge!!! Let's go Hawks!!!

Lou is gone? Where's he going? He's under contract for 5.3 million until 2022.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Big Drop wrote:
    5 hole against 1 is just stupid. As of this moment I have 44 points, which puts me 97th percentile in all of ESPN's playoff challenge, and I'm second to last place in 5 hole against 1. Freaking ridiculous.
    :D

Carissa's gotta pull up her socks ;). I notice she didn't say much in the post below this one ^^...:P
    Big Drop wrote:

Carissa's gotta pull up her socks ;). I notice she didn't say much in the post below this one ^^...:P

The only thing I have going for me is I still have a few players this round because the Sabres couldn't win in game 6. I never imagined that a bunch of us from the 10C would be so competitive for this stupid ESPN playoff challenge! I'm glad I decided to participate!
    Big Drop wrote:

I tried the high risk/high reward method, and it didn't work. I was hoping that Horton and Boyes were going to make the most out of being in the playoffs after coming from non-playoff teams. Also, I'm a Wings fan, and I did not expect them to sweep. I only got about 2.5 games out of Franzen. And I knew Niemi sucked, but I was really expecting the Sharks to handle the Kopitar-less Kings. I should know by now to never underestimate the choking ability of the Sharks in the playoffs. Though, Vancouver looks like they might be able to overtake them in that department soon.

I'll have to make my comeback in round 2.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    :lol: I'm Just trash talkin....you obviously know your hockey. I've been pretty lucky with my team, and I have all but 3 players in a game 7.
    Big Drop - I wish more people had joined! I need to spend some time looking at that site, I've spent about 20 minutes on it total...but I don't think id give much credence to the percentiles at this point...the other fantasy sites I've used, the user-generated stats are always skewed by unmanaged teams and people with no clue what they're doing..not to deny our awesomeness or anything, but....its also bound to be tight at first.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Michael Frolik's new patented move: The O.H.D. (the ol' hip dislocater)

61123997.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I have always believed that Joe Thornton was the most overrated player in the playoffs, i now have reserved that right for Louuuuuuuuuuuuu! its still shocking to me that people call him an elite goalie. What a joke
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,679
    yeah, most of my series ended early for 5 against 1. i have dropped a bit
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    luongo is definitely not that great a goaltender ... honestly, i think canada would have steamrolled in the olympics if not for him ...

some great hockey yesterday ... flyers vs. sabres ... i mean - wow ... that was some killer hockey ... flyers definitely have the offensive guns and just need someone who can stop a puck every now and then ...

canucks completely outplayed the hawks ... but 4 bad goals and you are facing all those demons ...
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    hawks got heart. No doubt. Man if the Canucks blows this...
    ...it will be the same as every other playoffs!
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I get why people on jumping on Luongo but what about the twins...how many times in that overtime did they come into the Chicago zone trying to make all the moves and the perfect pass...look at Chicago, they were just putting the puck to the net and going in after it. Chicago is playing playoff hockey...Vancouver is not.

Who else were we to use in goal in the Olympics? At 1 time goaltending was a strong point for Canada, not so much anymore...but I do see that starting to emerge again with Price and Fleury but they are no where near as good as Roy and Brodeur.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    hawks got heart. No doubt. Man if the Canucks blows this...

Yes they do...but they are not afraid to get dirty and go to the net.

If the Hawks win this series I can see them going a long ways.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 wrote:
    I get why people on jumping on Luongo but what about the twins...how many times in that overtime did they come into the Chicago zone trying to make all the moves and the perfect pass...look at Chicago, they were just putting the puck to the net and going in after it. Chicago is playing playoff hockey...Vancouver is not.

Who else were we to use in goal in the Olympics? At 1 time goaltending was a strong point for Canada, not so much anymore...but I do see that starting to emerge again with Price and Fleury but they are no where near as good as Roy and Brodeur.

vancouver totally outplayed chicago ... the twins were pretty good - you have to make those plays ... chicago blocked like 30 shots yesterday ... not one could get the puck to the net ... the twins created scoring chances ...

the reality is they need to not let in bad goals ... all 4 yesterday were bad goals ... luongo is just not a big game goalie ...
    lukin2006 wrote:

I agree that the twins are not playing well either but i don't think you can say that they are the reason that Vancouver is losing. the twins have always played that way. the reason the black hawks are throwing every thing at the net is because Lou is not playing well. he is being outplayed by Crawford who is a rookie.

as for the goalie situation in Canada, i actually think that we are getting better. I really like cam Ward, i really like price and also Fleury but your right they are not a Roy or Brodeur but they are 2 of the best goalies of all time and not easily replaced.
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

vancouver totally outplayed chicago ... the twins were pretty good - you have to make those plays ... chicago blocked like 30 shots yesterday ... not one could get the puck to the net ... the twins created scoring chances ...

the reality is they need to not let in bad goals ... all 4 yesterday were bad goals ... luongo is just not a big game goalie ...

The twins are pretty good from 10-15 feet away from the net, Toews, Kane, Sharp, Bowland are excellent right in front of the net...in close games, playoff hockey, grittier teams are often more successful...imo.

I thought the Canucks were good enough to win the cup...still think they are...but I think they have to get to the net, they are not getting nearly enough traffic in front of Chicago's net

Nothing they can do about the goaltending situation now. It was a bold move by their coach not to go with Luongo yesterday...but you are paying the guy over 5 million a year to come up big in games like that, he's been in tough games before. Vancouver better learn to live with LU because he's signed for a loooooong time.

polaris_x wrote:
    luongo is definitely not that great a goaltender ... honestly, i think canada would have steamrolled in the olympics if not for him ...

some great hockey yesterday ... flyers vs. sabres ... i mean - wow ... that was some killer hockey ... flyers definitely have the offensive guns and just need someone who can stop a puck every now and then ...

canucks completely outplayed the hawks ... but 4 bad goals and you are facing all those demons ...

I thought the Flyers game was really good and entertaining but i was upset about the refs in that game. I think they called some bullshit calls and missed some easy calls. I believe that Richards hit was really bad and he deserve to be kicked out of the game (which is hard for me to say since i am a Flyers fan) also, i believe that Myers should have gotten a penalty for punching Pronger. I sometimes wish that the refs would make up their mind. if your going to be strict than be strict but don't pick which calls to make. the Flyers are still my pick to come out of the East but they need to play better and can't always go down early in the games.
    fife wrote:
    I thought the Flyers game was really good and entertaining but i was upset about the refs in that game. I think they called some bullshit calls and missed some easy calls. I believe that Richards hit was really bad and he deserve to be kicked out of the game (which is hard for me to say since i am a Flyers fan) also, i believe that Myers should have gotten a penalty for punching Pronger. I sometimes wish that the refs would make up their mind. if your going to be strict than be strict but don't pick which calls to make. the Flyers are still my pick to come out of the East but they need to play better and can't always go down early in the games.

hockey is the toughest game to ref .. game moves so fast and everyone is trying to get every advantage possible ... i mean, they basically allow cross-checking if you stand in front of the net ... personally, i thought the richards hit was borderline ... and based on the rules, it was not a major penalty ... you gotta remember players will exaggerate this stuff to get the calls ... thing is if they called every little thing - it would be disastrous ... it's a tough job ...

i just think the refs don't want to decide the games ... and in the games i watched, there have been some bad calls for sure but they aren't one-sided ...
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    Big Drop wrote:
    4 games to win. I don't even think about celebrating until 5 minutes after the 4th win. I've seen too much happen in my life. After all, I've seen Philly beat us in a series because a goal that went through the side of the net counted.

I'm really curious what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure the last 3 times the Flyers beat the Sabres (1995, 1997, 2000) were in 5 convincing games. So it would be hard to blame a whole series on one goal when your team only won 1 game anyway. :?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    From Schneider: "Just cramped up real bad. I could feel it coming after the second...It was real frustrating...Its something that used to happen to me in the AHL. A lot of nervous energy, probably sweating a little more than normal, got a little dehydrated."

It was an amazing game, great storylines. We should have won that thing in regulation, I don't see how you can look at the decision to play Shneider as anything but a mistake. Those two goals were atrocious. Bush League play that doesnt belong in the playoffs. Lou would not have handled the puck like that and would have saved all else. Can't believe this thing is going to game 7. My fandom has never been tested so much.

We are blowing a 3-0 lead to a the team that has kicked us out the past two years, we win the presidents trophy this year, they don't even EARN getting in the playoffs, its just unthinkable if we make it three years in a row, combined with another Presidents Trophy winner that doesnt get out of the first round. The city will never live this one down. Unfortunately, Coach V will be let go too. He doesnt deserve that.

Go Canucks Go?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    From Schneider: "Just cramped up real bad. I could feel it coming after the second...It was real frustrating...Its something that used to happen to me in the AHL. A lot of nervous energy, probably sweating a little more than normal, got a little dehydrated."

It was an amazing game, great storylines. We should have won that thing in regulation, I don't see how you can look at the decision to play Shneider as anything but a mistake. Those two goals were atrocious. Bush League play that doesnt belong in the playoffs. Lou would not have handled the puck like that and would have saved all else. Can't believe this thing is going to game 7. My fandom has never been tested so much.

We are blowing a 3-0 lead to a the team that has kicked us out the past two years, we win the presidents trophy this year, they don't even EARN getting in the playoffs, its just unthinkable if we make it three years in a row, combined with another Presidents Trophy winner that doesnt get out of the first round. The city will never live this one down. Unfortunately, Coach V will be let go too. He doesnt deserve that.

Go Canucks Go?

Yes, GO CANUCKS GO! Nobody else comes back from 3-0 in this league! :mrgreen:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684

Go Canucks Go?

Since when did the blackhawks not earn their playoff spot? I believed we played 82 games like everyone else and had the points to qualify...just cause dallas blew their chance doesn't mean the hawks don't deserve to be there. I think this series proves that we deserve to be there; we didn't dominate like last year but we sure as shit have showed how tough of a team we are. If we win game 7, we're taking this far.