NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Big Drop wrote:
    Come on man, you know it's 1.21. And all you need is a little plutonium.

I'm sure in 1985 plutonium is available at every cornerstore. . . .
    I can't believe I messed that up!!

I'll force myself to watch Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as punishment. ;)
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    Jason P wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:

I'll force myself to watch Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as punishment. ;)

Dude, stick a fork in an electrical socket or chew on tin foil or a while. . . Indy 4 as a punishment just doesn't fit the crime.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,485
    Come on Bruins! :D
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    Jason P wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:

temple of doom was the worst one. no question. i don't care if 4 had a nuked fridge. it was goofy entertainment, just like the rest.
    a lot of the criticism came from the fact it was about aliens. i guess aliens aren't as believable as *cough* god.
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Bad Luongo.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    What is going on in Montreal ? FUCK!
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Holy Vancouver.....WOW
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Holy Vancouver.....WOW

no shit, that is trouble going back to Chicago with that momentum, having a game 7 could be clinched now
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    Holy Vancouver.....WOW

I was just about to post something similar.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    going to watch the Kings/Sharks rest of the way, hopefully this series goes to 7 so that if San Jose wins, they face a well rested Wings team

Go Kings !!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    MFCarissa wrote:

Luongo should have been pulled after the 3rd or 4th goal. I think leaving him in for 6 was a bad move by your coach. Getting peppered like that probably did nothing to help his confidence. You gotta get him out, let him recover from whatever was bothering him, let Schneider do mop-up duty, and move on.

I think MFCarissa might be getting some calls about coaching vacancies real soon.
    Heisenberg wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:

Luongo should have been pulled after the 3rd or 4th goal. I think leaving him in for 6 was a bad move by your coach. Getting peppered like that probably did nothing to help his confidence. You gotta get him out, let him recover from whatever was bothering him, let Schneider do mop-up duty, and move on.

I think MFCarissa might be getting some calls about coaching vacancies real soon.

:lol: :thumbup:

My GM abilities aren't as polished though. But to be fair, I fell from 2nd in our pool to last in only one night. I'll get you guys in round 2.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    fuck
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    Well, this just became a series. The Hawks are back in Luongo's head!
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Posts: 2,247
    Kings are losing :o
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
    Jeremy Roenick is to hockey analysis what L'il John is to poetry
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Jeremy Roenick is to hockey analysis what L'il John is to poetry

this :lol::lol:

I heard World wide suicide over the PA during the montreal game and The Fixer during the Vancouver game.. tooo cool
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Bad Luongo.

Agree...and the Sedin twins have been unimpressive.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    awesome Bruins game tonight
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    temple of doom was the worst one. no question. i don't care if 4 had a nuked fridge. it was goofy entertainment, just like the rest.
    a lot of the criticism came from the fact it was about aliens. i guess aliens aren't as believable as *cough* god.
    I think I was with the movie and let a lot of stuff go under "it's fun over-the-top entertainment" until the part where Shia LaBeouf was swinging through the vines with the monkeys.

Anyway, interesting to see Chicago has fight left in them. I'm sure Vancouver fans are getting a little nervous.
    Way to stay classy last night Boston

s-ANDREW-FERENCE-FINGER-large300.jpg
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Heisenberg wrote:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanley ... -fine.html

and

Holy Shit Vancouver looks toast. They are HAPLESS, they have lost before they hit the ice. The hawks are so full of confidence, they are skating circles around us, we are not hitting anymore. The wind is not just out of our sails, chicago ate our godamn sails and shit them out all over us. :x
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    Heisenberg wrote:

he's just speaking for the rest of the hockey world
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    Heisenberg wrote:

and

Holy Shit Vancouver looks toast. They are HAPLESS, they have lost before they hit the ice. The hawks are so full of confidence, they are skating circles around us, we are not hitting anymore. The wind is not just out of our sails, chicago ate our godamn sails and shit them out all over us. :x

So you think this series is going 7 or what? Canucks have looked like a different team the past 2 games. Luongo's confidence has been shaken big time.
  • nippleholicnippleholic Posts: 1,084
    GO PENS!

Pens.jpg
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)

• pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    Heisenberg wrote:

and

So you think this series is going 7 or what? Canucks have looked like a different team the past 2 games. Luongo's confidence has been shaken big time.

lou didn't have his shit together at all yesterday. That first goal by hossa would've been stopped by the lou that played the first couple games. Don't know if it was bolland being back or the hit on seabrook but something lit a fire under their ass. It can still go either way but the hawks look better after every game; Vancouver may have won the first 3 but they never really picked up their play compared to the hawks....oh, it's nice to see hossa join the rest of the team on offense.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    pjfan021 wrote:

and

lou didn't have his shit together at all yesterday. That first goal by hossa would've been stopped by the lou that played the first couple games. Don't know if it was bolland being back or the hit on seabrook but something lit a fire under their ass. It can still go either way but the hawks look better after every game; Vancouver may have won the first 3 but they never really picked up their play compared to the hawks....oh, it's nice to see hossa join the rest of the team on offense.

Your coach should bench him...nah...tough call, as far as I saw I didn't see enough intensity last. In Chicago start the Torres line, they need to get out there and start banging and knocking guys around.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Every time Jeremy Roenick speaks on the pre game I suddenly have the urge to turn on my old Sega Genesis, pop in EA Sports NHLPA 92, suit up against the Blackhawks, and make his head bleed as many times as humanly possible.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    waterboy.........
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    When are the Flyers gonna get a goalie? Geez...:P