NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:

I got an 18 x 24 of that exact picture signed by both McCarty and Lemieux just the other weekend!!! :mrgreen:

I don't think I could hang anything signed by that tortoise piece of s**t in my house. I do miss Darren though.

It's pretty sweet looking. Darren signed "SWEET REVENGE!!!" above his name.

I can see Darren signing it ......how did you get Claude to sign it?
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    polaris_x wrote:
    anyone know what kind of ice time sami salo is gonna get!?? ... i drafted him late in a couple of pools ... :)

I suspect he will be in the second paring with Edler and get first unit PP duties with Erhoff ......The kinks are still being worked out with the back end seeing as it took until game 82 before all of the top six dressed in the same game!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Hawkshore wrote:
    I can see Darren signing it ......how did you get Claude to sign it?

He must have needed some extra cash or something. They did the signing together. They had various pictures on hand from the brawl for them to sign and copies of "Blood Feud" which is a book about the Red Wings/Avalanche rivalry.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Great, hopefully we get a good amount of people signed up and this thing is worthwhile.

And in honor of the playoffs starting tonight, my favorite moment in all of hockey history!

lemieux4_cropped.jpg

hopefully the habs fans don't see that pic. they don't like violence. they would have that player arrested for having the audacity to throw a punch
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Great, hopefully we get a good amount of people signed up and this thing is worthwhile.

And in honor of the playoffs starting tonight, my favorite moment in all of hockey history!

lemieux4_cropped.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcAzLzYaxubqCzIOr0y6uz8YN3NqpTUfY65YI2MltFt-qSFNQY
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Hawkshore wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    anyone know what kind of ice time sami salo is gonna get!?? ... i drafted him late in a couple of pools ... :)

I suspect he will be in the second paring with Edler and get first unit PP duties with Erhoff ......The kinks are still being worked out with the back end seeing as it took until game 82 before all of the top six dressed in the same game!

sweet!! ... go 'nucks go!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Remember to keep your head up tonight, boys.

kronwalled.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Jason P wrote:
    Remember to keep your head up tonight, boys.

kronwalled.jpg

:thumbup: GO WINGS!!!
    Last chance people c'mon

http://games.espn.go.com/playoff-hockey-challenge/en/frontpage

Private League Name: 5 Hole Against 1
    Password: 10club
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,679
    yeah do it. it was easy and looks fun
    MayDay10 wrote:
    yeah do it. it was easy and looks fun

I joined too. took me 2 minutes to pick my team
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    Just made mine. I don't agree with the prices of some of these players. Grabbed a couple of real bargains for my team.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    No doubt, the prices for the goalies are way out of whack....
    I overspent, then tried to revise it but my PC kept freezing...not really happy with my team, but that flash interface was driving me nuts trying to change it, so whatevs...that's the 5th pool I've done today, I'm sick of thinking about this shit :lol:
  • Hey all you Philly fans should sign up for our Flyers Facebook group, and check out the pics of your favorite players:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=115073838510745
    10/1/96, 10/14/00, 5/2/03, 6/28/03, 10/1/04, 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/19/05, 5/9/06, 5/10/06, 5/12/06, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 8/12/08 6/8/09 6/9/09(EV), 8/21/09, 10/27-28-30-31/09, 5/10/10
    Hey all you Philly fans should sign up for our Flyers Facebook group, and check out the pics of your favorite players:

that's so cute. what are you 12 years old?
    Hey all you Philly fans should sign up for our Flyers Facebook group, and check out the pics of your favorite players:

Dude, really.

To everyone on this thread: Please do not use this guy as a barometer to gauge other Buffalo fans.
    Could someone please inform the Wings that they are in the home Reds tonight? They must think they are the road team because the keep passing the puck TO THE GUYS IN THE WHITE SWEATERS!
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    i havent slept for two days but i am

PUMPED
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Fleury pitches a shutout!

I'm telling you, I have no idea why everyone is picking the Lightning in this. It's all about the goaltending and this is a prime example. Everyone also seems to forget how fucking great the Pens played without 2 of the best players in the world. If Crosby is back for the second round, watch out.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Fleury pitches a shutout!

I'm telling you, I have no idea why everyone is picking the Lightning in this. It's all about the goaltending and this is a prime example. Everyone also seems to forget how fucking great the Pens played without 2 of the best players in the world. If Crosby is back for the second round, watch out.

Wow...after one game you have them in the 2nd round ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

The two best players in the world, so Crosby and. . . . Goligoski? I'm only counting one.
    Big Drop wrote:

The two best players in the world, so Crosby and. . . . Goligoski? I'm only counting one.

Matt Cooke ?

;)

• Fleury pitches a shutout!

Oh I had them in the second round long before that. People seem to just ignore that they had more wins than the Flyers without their best players for the second half of the season. Their top three offensive players played in a total of two games together all season. The East is weak and the Pens are as good as anyone, with or without Crosby and Malkin.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    caps vs rags- rags in 6
    flyers vs sabers- sabers in 5
    bruins vs habs- habs in 7
    pens vs bolts - bolts in 6

sabers vs rags- sabers in 6
    habs vs bolts- bolts in 7

sabers vs bolts- sabers in 5

nucks vs hawks- nucks in 6
    sharks vs kings- sharks in 5
    red wings vs coyotes- red wings in 4
    ducks vs predators- ducks in 4

nucks vs sharks- nucks in 5
    red wings vs ducks- red wings in 6

nucks vs red wings- red wings in 5

finals: sabers vs red wings- sabers in 6

I will buy you the Phoenix Coyotes if this actually happens.

Can't happen this way, under his first round scenario the wings would face the sharks in round 2 vs. 3, I see the wings beating the yotes, but if they face the sharks i'm not sure. if the sharks big forwards get on the old and slower wings d, I see the wings having problems and are going to need a monster performance from Howard.

every playoff bracket i've come across has it the scenario i posted
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

edited April 2011

Oh I had them in the second round long before that. People seem to just ignore that they had more wins than the Flyers without their best players for the second half of the season. Their top three offensive players played in a total of two games together all season. The East is weak and the Pens are as good as anyone, with or without Crosby and Malkin.

any one of the 8 teams can come out of the east. relax dude, it's one game

also, the two goalies in the finals last year were niemi and leighton. so I'm gonna say the playoffs aren't all about goaltending
    Post edited by The Fixer on

The coach should win coach of the year for keeping that team together

I think a lot of people myself included thought the Pens would be beat just because they had to play at such a long clip without those players..sooner or later usually a team falters

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    the best and worst thing about the playoffs...overtime :mrgreen:
    Big Drop wrote:

Matt Cooke ?

;)

Ahhhh my bad. He'll be back from suspension soon, don't worry!
    Is it too early to brag? My team in 5 hole against 1 is looking pretty sweet so far.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Fixer wrote:

that's so cute. what are you 12 years old?
    :lol::lol:

pwned
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?