Options

EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2011 US TOUR

Comments

• Options
    ItsOK921ItsOK921 Posts: 169
    Better Dan wrote:

...but bitching every single time 10C makes an announcement and creating 200 page threads about how nothing from 10C/PJ/EV is ever good enough is getting really old. We go through this every single time something is announced. Next week we will 200 threads about how "awful" the club is because certain people couldn't get through the pre-sale to get tickets. The band can't be everywhere at once, not everyone can sit in the front row, and unfortunately in today's times you're not getting in the door for $20. Of all of the bands/fanclubs around, there aren't many who take better care of it's members than this one. I'll shut up now and simply say thanks to 10C and PJ for everything they have done for ALL of us over the past 20 years.

100% true
  • Options
    St.Louis, here we come!!!
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    Oceans 98Oceans 98 Posts: 232
    Whoo Hoo, STL!!!!
    St. Louis 07/02/98, St. Louis 10/11/00, New York 07/08/03, New York 07/09/03, Chicago 05/16/06, Chicago 05/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/06, Bridge School 10/22/06, Chicago 07/05/07, Chicago 07/24/09, Kansas City 05/03/10, St Louis 05/04/10, PJ20 09/03/11, PJ20 09/04/11, Chicago 07/19/13, St. Louis 10/03/14, Ohana 09/24/21 (EV/Earthings), Ohana 09/25/21 (EV/Earthlings), Ohana 09/26/21, Nashville 09/16/22, Louisville 09/17/22, St. Louis 09/18/22, Oklahoma City 09/20/22

• Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there usually an opening act at the Ed solo shows? Just curious
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there usually an opening act at the Ed solo shows? Just curious

yes
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    polaris_x wrote:
    * thirdly ... i would have to say to those that have not seen EV solo ... it is absolutely worth it ... just look at the fanviews ... the show is magical ... you should do whatever you can to go once ...

THIS. :thumbup:
    polaris_x wrote:
    * lastly ... i feel bad for all the fans that don't live near traditional PJ markets ... they definitely have their preferences ... you would think its related to ensuring sell outs but who knows ... maybe it's something else ... you would think at least a show in atlanta and one in texas somewhere would at least let them know what kind of support they might have ... same goes for europe and everywhere else ...

Don't forget the southwest! :)
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    polaris_x wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:

yes
    i saw a rumor on here that its gonna be glen hansard of the frames (also doing a duet with ed on his new album)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    [/quote]
    i saw a rumor on here that its gonna be glen hansard of the frames (also doing a duet with ed on his new album)[/quote]

Ding, Ding, Ding...Gutter tell him what he's won
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    polaris_x wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:

yes
    i saw a rumor on here that its gonna be glen hansard of the frames (also doing a duet with ed on his new album)

if by rumor you mean the first post of this thread, then yes ;):lol:
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    STOKEDDDDDDDDDDDD! So happy Ed is touring again. Can't wait to see how he changes the show. He can't do the same exact stuff as last time.

For example....

Lab Coats?

Closing with Hard Sun?

Opening with Walking the Cow?
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    norm wrote:
    [

Well, why would they hide that info somewhere that's so hard to find??? :lol: Sorry, when I saw the announcement I immediately scrolled down to the dates to see which one I could make it to. Thanks Norm.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    G Force wrote:

Closing with Hard Sun?

Uh...you might want to look at a couple of the Aussie fan reviews. :lol:
  • Options
    grizahamgrizaham Nashville, TN Posts: 338
    edited March 2011
    Please do not clump all these "Southern" people remarks in with the rest of us.
    No Shows in the south? No problem. Pearl Jam is in no way obligated to tour in the south. However I feel obligated to spend my money to travel to tour.. :lol:

And, its worth it. See you in the Lou..

Erik

Nashville, TN
    Seen PJ 21 times live from 1994-2019

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,627
    G Force wrote:
    STOKEDDDDDDDDDDDD! So happy Ed is touring again. Can't wait to see how he changes the show. He can't do the same exact stuff as last time.

For example....

Lab Coats?

Closing with Hard Sun?

I expect it to be very similar with some of the new uke songs, which is why playing the same cities is a little strange. The Aussie shows have been the same for the most part.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,933
    ComeToTX wrote:
    G Force wrote:

For example....

Lab Coats?

Closing with Hard Sun?

I expect it to be very similar with some of the new uke songs, which is why playing the same cities is a little strange. The Aussie shows have been the same for the most part.

Yeah, he could take out some Into the Wild songs and put the new Uke songs in the set. But for the most part, I'd assume the shows will be relatively the same. It is nice to see him putting Long Road and Unthought Known, as well as some other PJ songs/covers in there.

I'm still not seeing the need to see him multiple times. Because if this was a PJ tour, I'd be hitting up Providence, Boston, and Hartford. :lol:
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Anyone going to the Hartford show, join the thread for all the info that'll be on there regarding the pre-party.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=137175
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    THANK YOU 10c for the pre sale opportunity. Best fan club ever!!

Here we go again another adventure. :D
  • Options
    killmoretroutkillmoretrout Burque, NM Posts: 160
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Santa Barbara Bowl on a Saturday night in the summer!

Sounds like a plan!

Long Beach on a Friday......bit of a traffic hassle, but still well worth it!

Wiltern on a Wednesday is good too!

Now, just gotta get lucky scoring tickets!

You & me both, Joe. Decisions, decisions (very cool-ass decisions).
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Another solo tour, another four shows. illadelph, NYC , and Benaroya ...oh my !!
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Love the ticket idea cant wait Seattle, Portland here I come
  • Options
    pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    I am so happy, excited, over the moon right now!

Oh, this may sound like a stupid question, but are we able to pick which of the two NY dates, when ordering tickets?

*Fingers crossed* for the balcony, front row, with one aisle seat...seriously, I will hang from the chandelier upside down, just to see Eddie!
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,416
    Free Tickets to see Eddie in Philly on my birthday...

doesn't get any better...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    grizaham wrote:
    Please do not clump all these "Southern" people remarks in with the rest of us.
    No Shows in the south? No problem. Pearl Jam is in no way obligated to tour in the south. However I feel obligated to spend my money to travel to tour.. :lol:

And, its worth it. See you in the Lou..

Erik

Nashville, TN

Kudos to you my man and I love your fair city.
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    dammit....I work in Minor League baseball and the summer is the worst time for me to see shows anymore. I might quit(kidding) for PJ20. Man I guess Ihave finally grown up.... I guess I will just hope PJ20 is on an away game. Have fun everyone
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    dougfloyd wrote:
    norm wrote:
    [

Well, why would they hide that info somewhere that's so hard to find??? :lol: Sorry, when I saw the announcement I immediately scrolled down to the dates to see which one I could make it to. Thanks Norm.
    oops... i did the same thing :oops:

IT WAS A RUMOR THE LAST TIME I READ IT :geek:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited March 2011
    ....oh well....
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    Eddie hasn't even finished the Australian tour yet and you're already bitching about the US tour? ;):)
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited June 2011
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Options
    Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    BOOOOO.
    NO CANADIAN DATES.........

Oh well, I guess I will have to visit my mom in Windsor then go see Eddie in Detroit.
    Gibson1972
  • Options
    slcporchslcporch Posts: 212
    Looks like I'm going to Seattle to see Eddie on my birthday!