Options

EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2011 US TOUR

1242526272830»

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    IrmaPaez wrote:
    Perhaps its a stupid question but... I can bring my phone to the concert, of course no pics or videos (because are not allowed) but I can introduce my phone, right?????

Cant wait the show in L.A.!!!!
    :D
    Yes you can. Maybe snap a couple pics at the end during "Hard Sun".
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    IrmaPaez wrote:
    Perhaps its a stupid question but... I can bring my phone to the concert, of course no pics or videos (because are not allowed) but I can introduce my phone, right?????

Cant wait the show in L.A.!!!!
    :D

Yeah, they weren't really even checking for cameras at the Beacon shows, and no one had issues with me snapping a few pics during Glen's set (no flash of course). I was able to pull out my camera a few times towards the end of Ed's show too, turned it on in my bag so that the bright screen wouldn't distract anyone (I was in the last row in Loge so no one was behind me to be distracted anyway), snap a quick one then shoved it right in my bag. And I think during Hard Sun the ushers just didn't care on night 2. The one by me on night 1 was getting really upset by all the picture-taking and was randomly going up to people with cameras asking them to leave but everyone just ignored her. I guess she was just doing her job but it hardly seemed worth it. Haven't downloaded them yet but so happy I got a few images to preserve the memories! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Really wish he could add more east coast dates. Ahhh well such is life.
    :)
  • Options
    tallboy2tallboy2 Posts: 9
    I have 4 single seats all in balcony for tomorrow nights second sold out Chicago Theater show. Asking for face value. Email if interested. <!-- e --><a href="mailto:Steve.Tatgenhorst@CITY-Beverage.com">Steve.Tatgenhorst@CITY-Beverage.com</a><!-- e -->
    Steve Tatgenhorst
  • Options
    I have 2 tickets for Friday's St. Louis show in Orchastra 1R, Row EE.

$150 for the pair, which is $25 below face value.
  • Options
    butte1butte1 Posts: 379
    At the show in Chicago last night. What absolutely awesome set. Going to Minneapolis on Saturday. After seeing the show last night though I cannot wait for Labor Day weekend!!!! Here is the set list from last night, still can't believe this was the set from his solo tour, just amazing:

Set 1
    Tuolumne
    Without You
    Sleeping By Myself
    Goodbye
    Broken Heart
    Can't Keep
    Soon Forget (Pearl Jam song)
    Longing to Belong
    Around the Bend (Pearl Jam song)
    Off He Goes (Pearl Jam song)
    I Am Mine (Pearl Jam song)
    Betterman (Pearl Jam song)
    Speed of Sound (Pearl Jam song)
    Setting Forth
    Guaranteed
    Rise
    Just Breathe (Pearl Jam song)
    Lukin (Pearl Jam song)
    Unthought Known (Pearl Jam song)
    Porch (Pearl Jam song)

Encore:
    4th of July (John Doe cover)
    Used to Work in Chicago
    Wishlist (Pearl Jam song)
    Picture in a Frame (Tom Waits cover)
    Society (Jerry Hannan cover)
    Falling Slowly (The Swell Season cover)
    Let My Love Open the Door (Pete Townshend cover)
    Crazy Mary (Victoria Williams cover)
    Rockin' in the Free World (Neil Young cover)

Encore 2:
    Hard Sun (Indio cover)
    Dream a Little Dream
    R and R Station - Mar 26, 1992 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Aug 29, 1992 ** Summerfest Milw - Jul 08, 1995 ** Summerfest Milw - Jul 09, 1995 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998 ** ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre (E.V. at Tibetan Freedom Concert) - Jun 13, 1999 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Oct 08, 2000 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 21, 2003 ** United Center - May 16, 2006 ** Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006 ** Riverside Theatre Milw (Eddie Solo Tour) - 2008 ** United Center - Aug 23, 2009 ** The Chicago Theatre (Eddie Solo Tour) - Jun 29, 2011 ** Orpheum Theatre MN (Eddie Solo Tour) - July 2, 2011 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    4th of July was written by Dave Alvin, not John Doe. X did release it on 'See How We Are' - and Dave played on that one. Dave also plays with John officially in the Knitters. Great artist & writer -- won a grammy for best americana album a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    I bought 2 tix but couldnt get off from work...I work nights so I plan on going up at 430 pm to get in line for picking up the will call tix. Could meet after that. Like I said fan club tix so they dont tell us the location...just looking for face value $162.00.
  • Options
    butte1butte1 Posts: 379
    Thanks for the info grandman but I think yoou will need to correct Eddie. He is the one telling a fairly lengthy story at the Chicago and Minneapolis shows about how John Doe wrote "4th of July"....... ;) but for the record, I didn't compile the info, just copied and pasted it from someone elses hard work.

Also, was in Minneapolis. Good show but 2nd night in Chicago was alot better than Minneapolis show. Eddie messed up a bunch of songs in MN and the show just didn't have the same flow and chemistry that the 2nd night in Chicago had. JMHO
    R and R Station - Mar 26, 1992 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Aug 29, 1992 ** Summerfest Milw - Jul 08, 1995 ** Summerfest Milw - Jul 09, 1995 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998 ** ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre (E.V. at Tibetan Freedom Concert) - Jun 13, 1999 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Oct 08, 2000 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 21, 2003 ** United Center - May 16, 2006 ** Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006 ** Riverside Theatre Milw (Eddie Solo Tour) - 2008 ** United Center - Aug 23, 2009 ** The Chicago Theatre (Eddie Solo Tour) - Jun 29, 2011 ** Orpheum Theatre MN (Eddie Solo Tour) - July 2, 2011 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • Options
    Can't wait till tomorrow night at the Terrace Theatre in LONG BEACH!
  • Options
    I have never been on such a downer....i should be in Cali since saturday to see him play long beach and also have TC tickets to portland but i had to cancel my roadtrip holiday and im stuck in london working these wishful days....please come to Europe with your solo tour and i promise to at every gig
  • Options
    INVDDRLUSTINVDDRLUST Posts: 80
    ...I've seen the light, I'm satisfied
    that the brightest star is you
    I've seent the light, I'm satisfied that
    The highest high is you...

Mr. Eddie Vedder at the Santa Barbara Bowl, SB Cali, lit up the sky with a bright moon overhead and the ocean breeze, there was nothing else in the world as fulfilling as being there under the stars, listening to the brightest star, and getting the highest high from this genius and Glen Hansards accompanying harmony made Santa Barbara the place to be last night.... ahhhhh.... THANK YOU.
    "Justice cannot be for one side alone but must be for both" Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Options
    INVDDRLUSTINVDDRLUST Posts: 80
    From the Ten Club board:

Eddie Vedder
    Santa Barbara Bowl – Santa Barbara, CA
    July 09, 2011

Set List
    01. Can’t Keep
    02. Sleeping By Myself
    03. Without You
    04. More Than You Know-(Rose, Eliscu, Youmans)
    05. Goodbye
    06. Longing To Belong w/Rudy Stein playing cello
    07. Wishlist
    08. Off He Goes
    09. Hurt-(Trent Reznor)
    10. I Am Mine
    11. Santa Cruz
    12. Guaranteed
    13. Rise
    14. Needle And The Damage Done
    15. Lukin w/string quartet (fast version)
    16. Just Breathe w/string quartet
    17. The End w/string quartet
    18. Unthought Known
    19. Parting Ways

Encore Break 1
    20. Redemption Song-(Bob Marley)
    21. You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney)
    22. Sleepless Nights w/Glen Hansard-(Boudleaux Bryant, Felice Bryant)
    23. Society w/Glen Hansard-(Jerry Hannan)
    24. Falling Slowly w/string quartet {Glen singing and playing acoustic, Eddie duet vocal}-(Glen Hansard, Markéta Irglová)
    25. Porch

Encore Break 2
    26. Hard Sun w/Glen Hansard-(Peterson)
    27. Dream A Little Dream-(Gus Kahn, Wilbur Schwandt, Fabian Andree)
    "Justice cannot be for one side alone but must be for both" Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    butte1 wrote:
    Thanks for the info grandman but I think yoou will need to correct Eddie. He is the one telling a fairly lengthy story at the Chicago and Minneapolis shows about how John Doe wrote "4th of July"....... ;) but for the record, I didn't compile the info, just copied and pasted it from someone elses hard work.

Also, was in Minneapolis. Good show but 2nd night in Chicago was alot better than Minneapolis show. Eddie messed up a bunch of songs in MN and the show just didn't have the same flow and chemistry that the 2nd night in Chicago had. JMHO
    He said it again in Long Beach - so I triple checked and it is definitely a Dave Alvin song. I'd love to correct Eddie - got his number? :D
    Dave's the guy in the cowboy hat in this amazing video with Ed & the Knitters:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rv20YuVPCE
    I may try to tell John - he's playing around town and a bit more accessible. He can correct Ed at PJ20!
  • Options
    RVCJJ3JRVCJJ3J Posts: 121
    Ever think about coming to West Virginia? We absolutely love you here!
    Memorial Stadium-October 4, 1996; Riverbend Music Center- August 20, 2000; Post-Gazette Pavilion-September 5, 2000; Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre Charlotte-April 16, 2003; US Bank Arena-June 24, 2006; Scottrade Center-May 4, 2010; Consol Energy Center-October 11, 2013(On the Rail!); Time Warner Cable Arena-October 30, 2013
  • Options
    I have a single ticket for the last Seattle show on Saturday, July 16th for face value. Please private message me if you are interested. Thanks!!
    Right Where It Belongs
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I hope to see EV nearby again soon!
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,953
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I hope to see EV nearby again soon!

Me too. Close to Halifax would be sweet! Sweet! SWEET!!! :D