The Official 2011 Toronto Blue Jay (2013-14 Champs)

Comments

• tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Jose Bautista is new spokesman for Booster Juice. Does anybody else find this funny?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/2011/0 ... _bautista/
  • StoneAmentStoneAment Posts: 393
    Jose Bautista is new spokesman for Booster Juice. Does anybody else find this funny

:lol:
    Mike McCready makes the energizer bunny look tired.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Morrow through 5............
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    I'm going to go ahead and blame the sixth on this post. Jinx.
    smarchee wrote:
    I'm going to go ahead and blame the sixth on this post. Jinx.

I'm afraid I am going to as well
    yea me too

son of a bitch, he was looking so good
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    I read this morning that the Jays are designing a new uniform for the 2012 season to emphasise the team's Canadian-ness. If they go red I'm going to be pissed! Red is terrible. I don't mind the old logo or the current one. Maybe just change the black to dark blue and that's it. The leaf on the arm is shows the teams Canadian-ness. I do not want a red jersey apart from on July 1st!
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    Lawrie went 0 for 3
    against the A's yesterday.

Also, I need it written somewhere
    for the record that my buddy Dave
    is predicting the same thing
    as the title of this thread.
    I couldn't believe it when I saw it-
    I think I'll send him the link!
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    sad to say but looks like aaron hill is done ... he had one great year and that was it ...
    StoneAment wrote:
    I read this morning that the Jays are designing a new uniform for the 2012 season to emphasise the team's Canadian-ness. If they go red I'm going to be pissed! Red is terrible. I don't mind the old logo or the current one. Maybe just change the black to dark blue and that's it. The leaf on the arm is shows the teams Canadian-ness. I do not want a red jersey apart from on July 1st!
    Agreed, those red jerseys are ugly as sin.
    Lawrie was sure pumped last night after he hit that grand slam

glad I picked him up for my fantasy team, keep raking

what incredible bat speed he has eh
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:

his glove needs a lot of work ... but love the enthusiasm ...

also love all the jokers at the game last nite! ... :lol:
    smarchee wrote:

his glove needs a lot of work ... but love the enthusiasm ...

also love all the jokers at the game last nite! ... :lol:

...and yes. I stole this post! :mrgreen:
    Slightly off topic but I'm going to be in Toronto this winter (first time I've been back in the winter) and I want to catch a Leafs game. Was looking at the single tickets section of the website and I'm redirected to ticketmaster but no games are scheduled. Is it just because the tickets aren't on sale yet and if so when can I expect them to be. Or do I need to go elsewhere for tickets?

Thanks
  • StoneAment wrote:
    Slightly off topic but I'm going to be in Toronto this winter (first time I've been back in the winter) and I want to catch a Leafs game. Was looking at the single tickets section of the website and I'm redirected to ticketmaster but no games are scheduled. Is it just because the tickets aren't on sale yet and if so when can I expect them to be. Or do I need to go elsewhere for tickets?

Thanks

Tickets go on sale sometime mid September (I think) But they only give you a day or two notice. If I were you, I would get one of those TM Alerts sent to you before the go up for grabs. they do not last long.

Also, I think they only do half a season at a time.
  • Thoughts on new uniforms?

I like them but I'm not sold on the caps. I think they should've kept the ball behind the bird.
    ok ... we're still in the AL East ... but i like this team as it stands ... if mcgowan can pitch up to his potential ... we'll have a decent rotation and the bullpen looks a lot better than last year ... hopefully snider seizes left field and solidifies himself this year ...
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Sounds like the Jays are interested in Gavin Floyd or Joe Blanton to compliment our young rotation, could be a good fit
    Sounds like the Jays are interested in Gavin Floyd or Joe Blanton to compliment our young rotation, could be a good fit

word is that floyd is out and that they are looking for a backup in case one of the 5 projected starters goes down for a significant length of time ... only looking for guys on 1 year deals ...
    WTF!!!!! Thames in starting in LF. Don't get me wrong. I like Thames but I honestly believe Snider will develop into the better player. Sending him down last year was a mistake, not starting him now is another.
    StoneAment wrote:
    WTF!!!!! Thames in starting in LF. Don't get me wrong. I like Thames but I honestly believe Snider will develop into the better player. Sending him down last year was a mistake, not starting him now is another.
    I think a lot of Thames' success last year had to do with batting in front of Bautista. It'll be interesting to see what he can do further back in the lineup. AA has said that if he doesn't preform there's a good chance that Snider will replace him.
    StoneAment wrote:

well ... thames is having a slightly better spring ... sure, snider is hitting more HRs but he also is striking out at a 1 in 3 AB clip ... plus, he's only hitting like .270 vs. like .333 for thames ...

sooo ... unless snider's defense was significantly better than thames ... it was really thames job to lose and he didn't ...

i'd be more concerned with rasmus and lind ... to me, they are the question marks along with the back end of our rotation to see how well this team can do ... if rasmus could hit around .270 ... 25 hrs 80-90 rbis and lind about the same ... that will maintain our offense ...
    At the beginning of Spring Training, I would've never guessed that Drabek and Carreno would be in the rotation.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Going to the Home opener today. should be a great game.

great article about the jays and the fans.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/baseball/ ... inner?bn=1
    At the beginning of Spring Training, I would've never guessed that Drabek and Carreno would be in the rotation.

ya ... i think they will be looking at both those guys to try and get to the fifth or sixth and see what happens ...

although they are 2-1 ... the bats have largely been silent ...

escobar, rasmus and lind need to pick it up ...
    polaris_x wrote:

ya ... i think they will be looking at both those guys to try and get to the fifth or sixth and see what happens ...

although they are 2-1 ... the bats have largely been silent ...

escobar, rasmus and lind need to pick it up ...
    Of those three, Rasmus is the only one I'm worried about. Escobar and Lind will eventually get it going, but if Rasmus goes into a slump he probably won't recover.
  • At the beginning of Spring Training, I would've never guessed that Drabek and Carreno would be in the rotation.

pretty sure one of them will be sent down once McGowan gets healthy.
    "I want to Rock & Roll all night, and part of everyday"
    Sept.11/05 Kitchener, Ontario
    May 10/10 Buffalo, New York
    Sept.11 & Sept 12/2011, Toronto, Ontario
    Sept. 15/11 Hamilton, Ontario
    Oct. 12/13 Buffalo, New York
    Oct 16/14 Detroit, Michigan
    May 10/16 Toronto, Ontario

Carreno has already been sent down. They called up Laffey to pitch from the pen.
    phew ... santos is gonna be a big part of whether this team succeeds or not this year ... being able to come in with runners on today was huge ...
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959

Carreno has already been sent down. They called up Laffey to pitch from the pen.
    Carreno was sent down because we have little need for a 5th starter for the next couple weeks.
    polaris_x wrote:
    phew ... santos is gonna be a big part of whether this team succeeds or not this year ... being able to come in with runners on today was huge ...
    I am confident he will pan out. His stuff is pretty solid, and when he matures a little more he'll be a prized asset.

It's a shame my work blocked the fan 590 radio station, and mlb gameday updates, I had to monitor the score on my phone, making me less productive than I woulda been if I could have just listened to the danged thing.