The Official 2011 Toronto Blue Jay (2013-14 Champs)

Comments

• uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    polaris_x wrote:
    And he seems to always taking the first-pitch strike. If he swung the bat at those fastballs down the middle, he might have a better average.

proof he is guessing ... he should be given a night off like pujols ... he's definitely starting to press way too much ...
    Oh he should absolutely be given a night off. If a player's not producing it's only natural that you bench him.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    First big trade talk comes out of Toronto. Although I am sure it has about zero percent of happening, it sounds like the Jays have had some type of conversation with the Phillies about Victorino and/or Hamels.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    First big trade talk comes out of Toronto. Although I am sure it has about zero percent of happening, it sounds like the Jays have had some type of conversation with the Phillies about Victorino and/or Hamels.

I don't see them going for both but i could see them going for Victorino depending on what the phillies want in return
    fife wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I don't see them going for both but i could see them going for Victorino depending on what the phillies want in return

Agreed, I can't see them going for Hamels. It would take too much and unless they are right there and have a chance to win it all this year, it's pointless since they won't pay him. Would imagine this is a ways off though and is all dependent on what happens with the Phillies over the next couple months.
    I'm sure AA is working the phones with all the other GMs in the league. This is just the one that got leaked. I wouldn't mind either player, but ultimately I agree that the price on Hamels would be too dear for the short-term success he'd give the team.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    trades with AA don't usually get leaked ... i would put this as a fraud lead aimed at an ulterior motive ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    trades with AA don't usually get leaked ... i would put this as a fraud lead aimed at an ulterior motive ...

Firing up the Phillies?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Firing up the Phillies?

that would be my guess ... either that or he's got something brewing with another al east team ...
    Two solo jacks for Bautista this far tonight, maybe he's gonna start to pull it together. Then again this stadium had always been kind to him...
    lind demoted ... gomes coming up ... first brazilian born player to play in the big leagues ...

this team just not playing to its potential ... starting pitching has saved this team so far ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    lind demoted ... gomes coming up ... first brazilian born player to play in the big leagues ...

this team just not playing to its potential ... starting pitching has saved this team so far ...

how funny is it that it is our pitching that would be saving us. I agree with sending Lind down to help building his confidence and have him back up in say a couple of weeks.

we still need help from the bullpen which imo has been very subpar. I expected more in ways.

also hope that jose can start to pick it up now. the Yankees are a good team with alot on injuries and we can take them this year.
    fife wrote:
    how funny is it that it is our pitching that would be saving us. I agree with sending Lind down to help building his confidence and have him back up in say a couple of weeks.

we still need help from the bullpen which imo has been very subpar. I expected more in ways.

also hope that jose can start to pick it up now. the Yankees are a good team with alot on injuries and we can take them this year.

obviously the blown saves are a problem (like last year) but it's really just been santos hurt and cordero sucking ... they've been decent the last while ...

we gotta start winning games in our division
    lawrie dropping appeal of suspension ... he got lucky with 4 games ... having said that tho - strikes 2 and 3 were awful calls ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:

obviously the blown saves are a problem (like last year) but it's really just been santos hurt and cordero sucking ... they've been decent the last while ...

we gotta start winning games in our division

we are 5-10 in our division and right now I would say that we can be way better. While it is still early we have to beat up on teams like Boston who are slumping right now and we have to beat up on NY who have some injuries.

While Baltimore is looking good and has a young team i expect them to be near the bottom again.
    fife wrote:
    we are 5-10 in our division and right now I would say that we can be way better. While it is still early we have to beat up on teams like Boston who are slumping right now and we have to beat up on NY who have some injuries.

While Baltimore is looking good and has a young team i expect them to be near the bottom again.

everyone keeps saying that about the O's but they keep winning ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:

everyone keeps saying that about the O's but they keep winning ...

I agree but still very early. they will have a great team soon.
    fife wrote:
    I agree but still very early. they will have a great team soon.

won again! :?
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    i'm just happy Bautista is hitting homers again :D , and i love the jays starting rotation right now and hey Janssen is 3 for 3 in saves.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    i'm just happy Bautista is hitting homers again :D , and i love the jays starting rotation right now and hey Janssen is 3 for 3 in saves.

nice they won some divisional games ... it's been the difference the last few seasons ... that and interleague play ... hopefully, we get over that mental hump and win some of these interleague games ...
    hey ... a win against the rays! ... :mrgreen:
    polaris_x wrote:
    hey ... a win against the rays! ... :mrgreen:
    That's the key to doing well this season, beating divisional rivals.
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Posts: 2,762
    This is painful to watch...
    Wow, the pitching situation in Toronto has become so dire that we may see Jamie Moyer pitch with the big team soon enough. http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=399268
  • StoneAmentStoneAment Posts: 393
    Thought's on Snider move?

I'm very unhappy!
    Mike McCready makes the energizer bunny look tired.
    StoneAment wrote:
    Thought's on Snider move?

I'm very unhappy!

i would have liked to take a longer look with him ... but if we get a solid arm in the bullpen - i'll take it ...

this club has been frustrating to watch ... i can take losing especially with all the injuries on this team but i can't stand watching a team that can play fundamentals ... i wonder if you can find a stat on runs scored after getting on first and second with none out ... we don't move runners over or manufacture any runs ... we are too reliant on hrs ... and yeah - the bullpen has cost us a lot of wins this year ... i really think we could have made a run at the second wild card this year despite the injuries and the pen if we could have just played more fundamental at the plate ...
    So i have not posted here in a while. Must say, it looks like this team is just done.

so what do the jay do in the off season now?

who would you give up on?
    fife wrote:
    So i have not posted here in a while. Must say, it looks like this team is just done.

so what do the jay do in the off season now?

who would you give up on?

you trade for another team ... :lol:

need a vet coach now ... what's la russa doing!? ... haha
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    jays are all of a sudden a contendor...i love their pitching and no one has ever question their hitting...should be an interesting year ...
    davidtrios wrote:
    jays are all of a sudden a contendor...i love their pitching and no one has ever question their hitting...should be an interesting year ...

We now have to see what the Yankees are going to do now. I still see another trade. they have alot of backcatchers.

I don't think this is the last trade from AA.
    So, ummm, John Gibbons is returning as the Jays' manager?
    http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=409899