The Official 2011 Toronto Blue Jay (2013-14 Champs)

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    fife wrote:
    Season starts tomorrow. have tickets for the game on Sunday against the red sox. Johnson has been really impressive this off season.

not the best start for Johnson Friday night

hell of a pitching match Sunday, are you going to be heckling Farrell ?

Definitley pleased with Cecil hitting 93 and 94 mph out of the pen, in fact, we have alot of heat coming out of the pen

Also, loving the Loop cheers from the crowd, hope that catches on
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    great game to go to fife :?

d'oh

did not think Dickey would get rocked that badly, sigh
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I know it's a long season, but you know it's not going to be your day when Miguel Cabrera steals a base and hits a triple all by the 3rd inning.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Josh Johnson was unhittable in spring training

:fp:

team is definitely not firing on all cylinders consistently

hope it's a better weekend in KC

bah
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2

I was so enjoying watching Reyes produce

and secretly cringing when he runs

and there ya go
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Think you guys should change the thread title from champs to chumps :lol:
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    been away for a while and I am trying to understand how this team can be this bad so far. No hitting or pitching. they need to get back to basic baseball. do they know that homeruns are not the only way to score and that hitting is important.

Not only does the OP got them winning this year, the OP has them winning in 2014 ... or does he mean either 2013 or 2014??
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• It's getting late early. The Blue Jays might want to start winning close games or preventing infield hits.

http://gothamhub.com/2013/04/no-nice-wa ... very-good/
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    this team is bad ... it comes down to this:

* poor fundamentals - this team makes too many errors and just plays poor fundamental ball ... we don't move runners over and are very poor situational hitters (hence the dps)
    * too many hrs and k's ... this team has to lead the league in strikeouts ... watching cano on the weekend hit was like watching a true pro ... in this league - you have to take what the pitcher and defense gives you ...
    * mentally weak ... there is no fire to this team ... although most any team should be able to manage - the loss of reyes is the key here ... the guy we have at Short is an A-ball player at best ... we lost arguably our best overall players and our lack of depth there is showing big time ...

having said all that - the talent is there and really when you look at the 4 game sweep against the yanks - each game was winnable and they blew it because of poor fundamentals ... that's fixable ...

also - i think the manager has not helped out as much ... batting kawasaki second!? ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    this team is bad ... it comes down to this:

* poor fundamentals - this team makes too many errors and just plays poor fundamental ball ... we don't move runners over and are very poor situational hitters (hence the dps)
    * too many hrs and k's ... this team has to lead the league in strikeouts ... watching cano on the weekend hit was like watching a true pro ... in this league - you have to take what the pitcher and defense gives you ...
    * mentally weak ... there is no fire to this team ... although most any team should be able to manage - the loss of reyes is the key here ... the guy we have at Short is an A-ball player at best ... we lost arguably our best overall players and our lack of depth there is showing big time ...

having said all that - the talent is there and really when you look at the 4 game sweep against the yanks - each game was winnable and they blew it because of poor fundamentals ... that's fixable ...

also - i think the manager has not helped out as much ... batting kawasaki second!? ...

you sound like me with the tigers last year ... the big difference ... we play in the central division, you can suck till September and then play good ball and win the division the jays are in the east ... fall too far back and may be impossible to make up enough ground.

I also didn't like that bowing or whatever kawasaki did after that nice catch ... maybe if it was a catch to win the game ... but not when you almost 10 games back.

• Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    lukin2006 wrote:

Not only does the OP got them winning this year, the OP has them winning in 2014 ... or does he mean either 2013 or 2014??

I guess he's thinking back to back
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I hope this lasts.

At least you guys won the offseason World Series :lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I hope this lasts.

At least you guys won the offseason World Series :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice little streak going. pitching has not been good but last 3 games have been good hitting wise.

if they win tonight, it will be the first series they have won this season.
    fife wrote:
    Nice little streak going. pitching has not been good but last 3 games have been good hitting wise.

if they win tonight, it will be the first series they have won this season.

team still plays really poor fundamental ball ...

first and third nobody out and you get a strike out and a double play ... just brutal ... it's definitely all in their head ... the talent is there ... but they need to get tougher mentally and start doing the right things ...
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Nice to see the team string together three straight wins. Hopefully they can keep this momentum going and be the team we all know they can be going forward. The next game I'm attending is on Tuesday and I'd love to catch another win.
    2 very big series coming up. we need to win both series and we are right back in the race.

Melky is hitting the ball well and so is Lind.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    ra dickey is a POS. with 10 strike outs last outing, it looked like his 2012 form. but, looks like TB is knocking him around quite nicely today
    I'll be at the game tonight to catch Nolin's debut. Hopefully he'll have a good outing and show us some quality stuff, but Tillman's going to be a tough guy to beat tonight. I've seen 2 wins in the five games I've attended so far, and would love to get to .500 tonight.
    as the fundamentals improve so have the wins ... like dickey says ... if they can get to .500 by the all star break ... they can make a run ... hopefully reyes comes back soon and we can get johnson back into the rotation ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    as the fundamentals improve so have the wins ... like dickey says ... if they can get to .500 by the all star break ... they can make a run ... hopefully reyes comes back soon and we can get johnson back into the rotation ...
    Two key pieces. If they can get to .500 without them, they'll have a fighting chance at a playoff berth with them.
    team has started to play better ball ... more importantly the fundamentals have been there ... i know you guys haven't posted to not jinx the team but what the heck ... :lol::lol:

hopefully, we get reyes back for trip to tampa and morrow soon after ... lawrie can stay injured as far as i'm concerned ... :lol:

i also like the fact everyone is playing ... no one is sitting too long ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    team has started to play better ball ... more importantly the fundamentals have been there ... i know you guys haven't posted to not jinx the team but what the heck ... :lol::lol:

hopefully, we get reyes back for trip to tampa and morrow soon after ... lawrie can stay injured as far as i'm concerned ... :lol:

i also like the fact everyone is playing ... no one is sitting too long ...

Reyes is coming back after the weekend. since work has calm down i have been able to finally use my season tickets and have seen the last 3 games live. more people need to show up.
    red-rounded-with-number-11-md.png
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    so big moves coming? team had a closed door meeting and from what I hear Adam Lind called out some players for being kids.

This might be the worst year of me being a jays fan.
    wow ... this team has absolutely crumbled from the pressure and the expectations ...
    JP Arencibia is the worst starting catcher I have seen on the Jays

ever

fucking horrible

managment needs to start over at the position

1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • ^They listened ;)

I found my Pearl Jam / Blue Jays 2011 white t-shirt the other day. It's never been washed or worn. If anyone is interested in it, $35 (cost) plus shipping. It's a Large.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Looking good- 7 wins in a row and counting. Mark B looks awesome