The Official 2011 Toronto Blue Jay (2013-14 Champs)

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    in bigger news, Buffalo unveils their new uniforms and manager today. I wonder what they are going to look like with some sort of Blue Jays styling or theme.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    dude ... you just might have gotten the thread title right ... :lol: ... well, at least I hope you did ...

hate giving up syndegard and d'arnaud but dickey is gonna come at a reasonable price when you factor it over 3 years and he will be cheaper than josh johnson to keep after this year ...

i would hope season ticket sales are going through the roof ...
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    whats your 5 man rotation?

1 - Morrow
    2 - Dickey
    3 - Beurhle
    4 - Johnson
    5 - Romero
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    smarchee wrote:
    whats your 5 man rotation?

1 - Morrow
    2 - Dickey
    3 - Beurhle
    4 - Johnson
    5 - Romero

I don't know if I would put Morrow as the #1 starter. I would put him as #3 behind Dickey and Beurhle.
    apparently they've reached an agreement with Dickey ...

i'd go:

1. johnson
    2. dickey
    3. morrow
    4. buehrle
    5. romero

throw the knuckleballer between our heat guys ...
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    better hope dickey is better in the al this time around ... or last year dickey shows up period ... seems like a lot to give up and pay for a 38 year old with essentially 1 great season, more average to below average seasons.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Its official

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_ ... ources-say

Cy Young winner R.A. Dickey has reached an agreement with the Toronto Blue Jays on a two-year, $25 million extension, pending a physical, that will allow Toronto and the New York Mets to complete their trade, sources tell ESPN's Buster Olney.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    better hope dickey is better in the al this time around ... or last year dickey shows up period ... seems like a lot to give up and pay for a 38 year old with essentially 1 great season, more average to below average seasons.

if you look at his last 3 years ... he's been pretty good ... and as a knuckleballer - his age is not as much of a factor ... and if the extension is around $26 million ... then you are basically paying him $10 million a year for 3 years which is dirt cheap in this market ...

does suck losing d'arnaud but there are question marks related to his knee now ... but I'm pretty sure AA went into this deal feeling like this is our best shot at a window ... we have basically all key pieces locked up for the next 3 years ...

we're pretty much all in at this moment ...
  • 1. Dickey
    2. Morrow
    3. Johnson
    4. Buehrle
    5. Romero

The guy just won a Cy-Young award. Even with him being on a new team, I still think he should get the opening day start.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    jealous of the moves AA has made over the last few years. must be nice to have a competent GM

I think johnson is clearly the one. beuhrle (however you spell his name) is clearly the 5. I like romero and think last year was an aberration. You can slate morrow, romero, dickey in any order IMO.

doesnt really matter until playoffs anyway

should be a fun team to watch. gotta figure toronto and tampa are the preseason division favorites, which sounds bizarre
    now we need AA to upgrade whatever role Adam Lind is supposed to be
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    The Fixer wrote:
    jealous of the moves AA has made over the last few years. must be nice to have a competent GM

I think johnson is clearly the one. beuhrle (however you spell his name) is clearly the 5. I like romero and think last year was an aberration. You can slate morrow, romero, dickey in any order IMO.

should be a fun team to watch. gotta figure toronto and tampa are the preseason division favorites, which sounds bizarre

hey ... you had ours for the longest time ...
    smarchee wrote:

i think lind will put it together batting in the bottom third of the order ... i just don't think he could handle the pressure batting in the rbi spots ...

if it was me ... i'd go ...

bonifacio, reyes, bautista, encarnacion, cabrera, lawrie, jp, lind, rasmus
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

hey ... you had ours for the longest time ...

true. but you guys owed us after '93 :twisted:

looks like 2 years, $25 mill extension for dickey...another great move. I figured he'd get more than that
    The Fixer wrote:
    true. but you guys owed us after '93 :twisted:

looks like 2 years, $25 mill extension for dickey...another great move. I figured he'd get more than that

ya ... although the media had Dickey with the leverage ... i think the notion of coming to potential contending team along with dealing with our front office (who by all accounts is very professional and up front with players) worked in our favour ... $10 million a year for 3 years is a downright steal in this market ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

i think lind will put it together batting in the bottom third of the order ... i just don't think he could handle the pressure batting in the rbi spots ...

if it was me ... i'd go ...

bonifacio, reyes, bautista, encarnacion, cabrera, lawrie, jp, lind, rasmus

the only thing i would say is that I don't think rasmus is going to be here this year. Anthony Gose will be the starting center. AA said yesterday on the radio that he would like to get a bullpin guy and I can see Rasmus being the guy dealt away.
    fife wrote:
    the only thing i would say is that I don't think rasmus is going to be here this year. Anthony Gose will be the starting center. AA said yesterday on the radio that he would like to get a bullpin guy and I can see Rasmus being the guy dealt away.

just picked up a guy off waivers to fill our last 40-man spot ... i still like the upside of rasmus ... let's see what mottola can do with him ...
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    My friend and I just bought 15-game flex passes. the season must start soon!
    city is fawning over dickey right now ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    city is fawning over dickey right now ...

the more I see him, the more I like him, I watched the interview of him on PTS posted on sportsnet.ca

it's going to be fun to watch him all season, can't wait for April to come and get to the ballpark
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    I received these in the mail last night. Bring on the season!
    Jaysies_zpsbfaa7ba3.jpg
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Jaysies_zpsbfaa7ba3.jpg
    awesome, i guess you will be seeing some Jays
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    awesome, i guess you will be seeing some Jays
    At least fifteen times (a pair for each, split between a friend and I). By ordering a flex pack, I'm now exempt from paying service charges for any additional tickets, so there could very well be more. And I'm on the list for playoff tickets, too. Can't wait.
  • If I read the title of this in 2011 I would have said you were crazy, now I think you are going to be right! haha
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
    Jaysies_zpsbfaa7ba3.jpg

could have spent some money jazzing them tickets up no!?? ... haha
    polaris_x wrote:

I miss the days of having random players appear on the tickets. I think I have an Aaron Hill ticket lying around somewhere.
    sooo ...it's almost put up or shut up time ... i think the fact that they are not favoured to win the division is a good thing ...

it's interesting that romero got sent down ... looks like happ earned that spot in the rotation ...
  • polaris_x wrote:

I miss the days of having random players appear on the tickets. I think I have an Aaron Hill ticket lying around somewhere.

i think i have an old Roy Halladay ticket from like 2006-2009 somewhere in that date range
    "I want to Rock & Roll all night, and part of everyday"
    Sept.11/05 Kitchener, Ontario
    May 10/10 Buffalo, New York
    Sept.11 & Sept 12/2011, Toronto, Ontario
    Sept. 15/11 Hamilton, Ontario
    Oct. 12/13 Buffalo, New York
    Oct 16/14 Detroit, Michigan
    May 10/16 Toronto, Ontario
    Jaysies_zpsbfaa7ba3.jpg

wow that's alot of tickets, hope to catch some weekend games this season
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    Season starts tomorrow. have tickets for the game on Sunday against the red sox. Johnson has been really impressive this off season.