The Official 2011 Toronto Blue Jay (2013-14 Champs)

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The Fixer wrote:
    Not sure if any of you read fangraphs.com, but they have been counting down their organizational rankings leading up to opening day. the rankings take into account minor league talent, major league talent, and revenue streams/ability to spend. the jays came out today...they are ranked 8th. not bad

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.ph ... 8-toronto/

thx ... i think anything around 85 wins would be great ... but you never know ... we saw what injuries did to the red sox last year ... both the red sox and yanks are veteran teams ... lots of guys could go down for extended periods ... of course the jays would have to stay relatively healthy ...
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    StoneAment wrote:
    Typical, even on a thread about baseball Canadians will some how end up talking about hockey.
    No we're just mentioning it, not talking about it!
  • StoneAmentStoneAment Posts: 393
    Rygar wrote:
    StoneAment wrote:
    Typical, even on a thread about baseball Canadians will some how end up talking about hockey.
    No we're just mentioning it, not talking about it!

:lol: Fair do's
    Mike McCready makes the energizer bunny look tired.
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    StoneAment wrote:
    They've moved Jose into RF and Encarnacion into 3B. I know Bautist'as happy but I quite liked him at 3B, certainly think he's better in that position than Edwin
    I don't like the move. From what I remember Encarnacion had troubles with the throw to 1st and not his fielding. With an inexperienced 1st baseman that's going to be fun to watch.
    Opening night win - huzzzaa

Great to see the SkyDome full again, I know it's expected for opening night but I do feel there's an excitement about this team now that wasn't there the past couple of years.
  • Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    I was at the game last night.
    Awesome time. Loved the full house.
    Great game.
    If they play hard every game, we may just grab the wild card spot.
    Lets go blue jays !
    Gibson1972
    Gibson72 wrote:
    If they play hard every game, we may just grab the wild card spot.

I'd love to see that but I am not banking on it. This isn't a playoff team and we'd have to play way above ourselves to make it. Expecting things too soon will only go to deflate the excitement into disappointment.

I will be happy just to see this team go out and play hard every night and end with 85 games or so.

LETS GO BLUE JAYS!
    It was a good game to watch. Hopefully Davis' ankle injury isn't serious.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    watched a lot of your game today. drakek looked great. his deuce is disgusting

he's no halladay, but he's a nice piece for you
    ARGH! That Twins game was so close! Why Lind went for the first pitch I do not know. I thought Nix should've started tonight - thoughts?
    StoneAment wrote:
    ARGH! That Twins game was so close! Why Lind went for the first pitch I do not know. I thought Nix should've started tonight - thoughts?
    Anything is better than what they have at third right now. Hopefully he gets cut at some point this season.

It's a shame that they have trouble sweeping the better teams.
    StoneAment wrote:

yeah ... that was ridiculous ... nathan was throwing curve balls to everyone because the fast balls he threw got hammered (he was lucky JP's didn't go out of the park and Span made a great play on Escobar's hit) ... the guy walked like 3 guys ... the bases are loaded ... you have to let him at least throw strike one ...

oh well - good start to the season tho ...
    How bout them Blue Jays. I'm starting to think this is going to be a fun season to watch.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I normally don't do this but just want to say something so that this tread is on the 1st page.

Pitching is looking great and our hitting is great. it great that the last 2 teams last year on in 1st and second this year.
    they just wasted a great game from romero ... frasor doesn't have the mentality to be in tight situations ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    they just wasted a great game from romero ... frasor doesn't have the mentality to be in tight situations ...

Can't get a sweep can we
    StoneAment wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Can't get a sweep can we

considering no escobar or bautista in the lineup - they almost won today ... wouldn't been so bad if wasn't over a wild pitch ..
    polaris_x wrote:
    StoneAment wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Can't get a sweep can we

considering no escobar or bautista in the lineup - they almost won today ... wouldn't been so bad if wasn't over a wild pitch ..
    Hopefully Escobar is alright. I know it was diagnosed as a mild concussion, but didn't they say the same thing about Hill's at first.
    Thank god we won last night. I was most concerned by that 4 game slide. Now it's off to Boston - those Red Sox are having a slow start, let's just hope we can take advantage.

Good to see Jose get that homer. He needs to be making big shots in tight spots - which he did yesterday
    lind and hill need to step up ...
    i just gotta say this ... toronto fans suck ... like real bad ... it's pretty pathetic ...

i mean you goto boston and they can be down 5 runs in the 9th with 1 out and a guy has a 3-2 count ... they are all up cheering ...

in toronto ... crickets ... i mean .. why bother showing up if you're only gonna cheer after something happens ...

nice comeback over yanks last nite tho
    polaris_x wrote:
    i just gotta say this ... toronto fans suck ... like real bad ... it's pretty pathetic ...

i mean you goto boston and they can be down 5 runs in the 9th with 1 out and a guy has a 3-2 count ... they are all up cheering ...

in toronto ... crickets ... i mean .. why bother showing up if you're only gonna cheer after something happens ...

nice comeback over yanks last nite tho

Polaris_X wants noise!!!!
    Btw what are your thoughts regarding Snider being sent to AAA. I think that was a silly decision tbh. He had a bad start but I think he would've bounced back
    StoneAment wrote:
    Btw what are your thoughts regarding Snider being sent to AAA. I think that was a silly decision tbh. He had a bad start but I think he would've bounced back

he's looked awful ... i trust AA in his decision ... giving a guy like cooper some major league at bats will help ...

i love the aggressive running game but we must be on pace to have the most guys picked off ... also, the other frustrating thing is the walks this team gives up ...

anyhoo - i should keep my expectations in check ... they are probably a .500 team at best this year ..
    Another sweep! Jose right now is looking like the best player in the world. 3 homeruns in the game last night. Lind is also looking great and we need to continue to play well as i sense pitchers are going to start pitching around him.

I have to admit that i am shocked at how the east is playing right now but i hope it continues that way and maybe my prediction of the jays in the playoffs might come true.
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Posts: 2,762
    While this past weekend was great for the jays, let's not forget who they were playing...

And yes, Bautista is a pimp.
    is encarnacion that bad with his glove or is it just me?

let's hope they can play the tigers better next couple of days ...
    fife wrote:
    Another sweep! Jose right now is looking like the best player in the world. 3 homeruns in the game last night. Lind is also looking great and we need to continue to play well as i sense pitchers are going to start pitching around him.

I have to admit that i am shocked at how the east is playing right now but i hope it continues that way and maybe my prediction of the jays in the playoffs might come true.
    Hopefully it won't take Lind long to get his timing back. He was on a tear before he went down with that back problem.
    fife wrote:

Hopefully it won't take Lind long to get his timing back. He was on a tear before he went down with that back problem.

from all reports he should be back soon. I see alot of upside to this team this year. NY is looking older than than they really are which is hard to do. the key i think is to make sure the players in the 4,5,6 positions keep hitting some what or Jose is going to get pitch around.