Options

the "car guy" thread

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    edited November 2014
    Idris said:

Rygar said:

Nice mileage on this one! I think I will be checking it out.
    Mazdaspeed3

Do it! lmao!
    It is going to the shop Monday, if all is well I AM doing it ;)

He curbed the car and needed a rim and a steering component replaced. He claimed it for 2500, but I'm not sure why. As long as the frame isn't bent, or hasn't been straightened, I'm going for it.
  • Options
    Purchased!
    First thing I did was find PJ radio on the (apparently) free for life Sirius...
  • Options
    Two turbo charged cars. Not the best financial decision, but no regrets haha

• Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Looking good! (Rygar)

I'm still all over the place with my car pick, I was looking at an S2000 a few days ago...i dunno,
  • Options
    Beauty!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
  • Options
    Jason P said:

You win!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Negotiating for a Z4M Coupe, it's out of state, papers are in order, carfax etc.
    Post edited by Idris on
  • Options
    Yum! That will be a fun one.
    Out of warranty BMWs are a terrifying prospect ;)
  • Options
    Rygar said:

Yum! That will be a fun one.
    Out of warranty BMWs are a terrifying prospect ;)

Ya they are a terrifying prospect lmao, I would not be going for it if the car did not have all service records/history etc.

Also that it was a one owner car, which are positives.

I should know tday or tomorrow if I can get the car, couple more things need to fall into place first.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Good luck, will be a lot of fun!
    New sports cars for everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Rygar said:

Good luck, will be a lot of fun!
    New sports cars for everyone!

I bought the car,

Now Finding a good auto shipping company! Not the easiest thing. I need to get it from up north, (I'm down south)
    Post edited by Idris on
  • Options
    After 7+ months of car searching, and another 2 weeks of finding an auto shipping company...The Car arrives tomorrow evening.

Already bought some lighting upgrades (LEDs), looking at (Lighter weight) Competition rims now.
  • Options
    Stock Rims (with tint)

Competition Rims

• Options
    OK no more pictures until it is a picture of your specific car ;)

Two weeks with the Mazdaspeed to get a stone chip in the windshield...sigh.

Rust proofing tomorrow, kinda sad about that.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Rygar said:

OK no more pictures until it is a picture of your specific car ;)

Rust proofing tomorrow, kinda sad about that.

I need rim upgrade input! >:D<

btw, how do I post photobucket pics again?
    Post edited by Idris on
  • Options
    Have a 1995 Corolla with 135,000 miles on it. Bought it new.
    It is so quiet it is amazing. Fun to drive the 5 speed, gets 30 MPG or better. Great car!
    chadwick said:

small car vs' powerful barge car in a cat & mouse game.
    this was me and my friends.

toyota corolla. me.
    ford elite/ford torino and monte carlos. friends. all are so much faster than my scrapyard little 4 banger.

they rarely caught me.
    the main reason... they weren't as nuts and they can't drive and what they used was to big for tight driving.
    dicks.

if you're gonna play cat and mouse you had better be willing to do 70 over several sets of speed bumps, jump highways, and blast around like a dumb asshole.

toyota corollas are tough little shits.

Hold On
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    edit
    Post edited by Idris on
  • Options
    Top shelf.
    You're going to love it. Rims look good but I'd wait until you have the car before ordering too much (including rims). The ones it has will grow on you and by the time you receive the new ones you'll be second guessing yourself ;)
  • Options
    Rygar said:

Top shelf.
    You're going to love it. Rims look good but I'd wait until you have the car before ordering too much (including rims). The ones it has will grow on you and by the time you receive the new ones you'll be second guessing yourself ;)

True true,

I did make a call today, and it seems like those performance wheels are out of production, so the ones left on the market will be the last of it. I really don't wanna miss out on getting them new. Ya know?

I think I could 'easily' sell em if I need to. I may get em just to have them.

Like you said, the stock rims will grow on me, Having said that, I like the look of the stock rims quite a bit, regardless.

I just know that those upgraded rims tend to add some good re-sale value to the car Plus some performance benefits with it's lighter weight. (I intend to Track the Car)

Ordered some Carbon Bits for the car, also LED upgrades and interior Xenons.

• Options
    Rygar said:

So that sucks,

Is it bad? Or one of those that could just be filled?

Also whats your two week review on the Speed3? Hows that clutch?

(You know, after you went ahead and picked up your car, that inspired me to buy mine, it all kinda fell into place, I found it around that time, was on the fence etc)
  • Options
    Got it filled 2 days later, no sense in waiting now that the cold weather is here.
    The clutch is a lot softer than the 2012 I test drove. I stalled it when I was test driving it and that was it, fully adjusted to it now.
    Overall I like it. The cruise has a flaw or a safety feature that makes it turn off after going down a hill, and the insurance is ridiculous (mostly because my options are limited due to the right-hand drive car I have), but overall it's good. I haven't been overly aggressive since I got the winter tires on, but some knob in a Merc SUV was showing off the other night and I left him in my salty dust...
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Arrived this Morning.
    Post edited by Idris on
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Way to go Idris.I also have a M sport but mine is a 335 (2014)Could be my favorite ride.Its like a rocket ship.Tint those windows and keep those rims stock.The M sport is such a sweet riding car.congrats man.
  • Options
    And those pics are great.Someone babied that sexy beast.Looks Cherry.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Way to go Idris.I also have a M sport but mine is a 335 (2014)Could be my favorite ride.Its like a rocket ship.Tint those windows and keep those rims stock.The M sport is such a sweet riding car.congrats man.

rr165892 said:

And those pics are great.Someone babied that sexy beast.Looks Cherry.

The 335 (M Sport/Tech) is a solid machine!! What color? Much respect for your car choice! (I had a 330i back in the day before these newer turbo cars came out, I'm a fan of sport sedans)

A few guys down the road from me have a few M sport models, I like the M trim, very attractive. :)

Of course not to be mistaken for a Full blown M car,
    -

So ya, rr, the previous owner kept the car pretty clean, though I noticed a few chips and a small paint correction, I sent my dealer a msg alerting them to these 'issues'.

Next week for window tints, it's a must down here eh!
  • Options
    Black Saphire Metallic
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Looks awesome! I like the stock rims.

Keep the service up to date and more importantly have fun with it!
    "More powwaaaaaa!"