Options

Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,771
    Rotterdam 2009
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,027
    edited February 2014
    I listened to Charlottesville 2013 today
    with snippets from Montreal 2011 (1/2 Full, with Michael McFuckin' Cready introduction afterward), and Bristow 2010 (Y Led with a full on MIke star spangled banner)
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Finished San Diego 13 a few moments ago. Fun, but not as awesome as the setlist would allude.

Full review:
    http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/2014/02/san-diego-2013.html
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Costa Rica 2011
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    LA 1 & 2.... Sounded so much better drunk that night. Ha! But still what a night! I wish I could go back. Fun nights. Best band.
    Did what I asked. Love y'all!! Let's get together in 2014!!
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • Options
    dogmattdogmatt Napa, CA Posts: 113
    Oakland 2013
    What a sloppy show! Ed was pretty hammered by the end and not in the best voice and the band was off on a lot of songs. This sounded so much better live and did not transfer well to boot. Funny how that is. Oh well, I still had a good time!!
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Phoenix '03

A low-key Small Town opens the show. A forgettable Given To Fly is next, first Mike messing up a few notes early on and then Ed completely losing the chorus first time round. Save You, Insignificance and Cropduster follow and it's not an opening salvo that really grabs your attention, at least for me. I don't know, it just feels like something is missing. Immortality, Blood and Breakerfall don't really provide any flow together but individually are good, the latter getting it's first play for this leg of the tour. Gimme Some Truth is oddly placed mid-set and adds to the lack of flow so far in the set; Ed needs a few go's at the intro too, either his guitar is out of tune or he messes it up. Either way he blames it on Vegas. Ed introduces Off He Goes as "we're gonna get a little desert groove on". Again it is low-key but just perfect. Even Flow finally seems to kick the gig into life, Daughter (with Another Brick In The Wall tag) and Betterman follow. Rearviewmirror closes the main set.

Ed opens the first encore with I Won't Back Down, which is the final time it's played on the tour. It's another good version but not as good as the one at Missoula for me. Love Boat Captain starts up straightafter. Black, like Off He Goes earlier, is low-key but builds and builds perfectly. Evolution closes the first encore. It's a short second encore which begins with I Believe In Miracles. Indifference is next and definitely a highlight of the gig. Baba O'Riley closes the gig.

Main set I found messy, encores slightly better but not one I'd rush back too.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    dogmatt said:

Oakland 2013
    What a sloppy show! Ed was pretty hammered by the end and not in the best voice and the band was off on a lot of songs.

That's also what I thought that night. It was my least favourite show of the 4 I saw. Still, I had a great time. And I will buy the boot too, soon.

I'm currently listening to Philly 2 2013. And while listening to that show the mailman delivered me the Philly 2 poster! What a timing!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    Seattle '13 right now on SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio :)
    What a night it was!!
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    charlotte 2013
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    edited March 2014
    Pensacola 2012

It's only appropriate and fitting that literally only being yards away from the ocean in the Gulf of Mexico that they open the show with Oceans. It's an enduring performance, Matt's snare and Jeff's base sounding profound with Mike adding some subtle guitar effects. Great way to start this show specifically. The transition immediately into the Interstellar - Corduroy combination is pure bliss and sounds great. The subtle and "pulling" in affect of Oceans followed immediately by the tension created by the Interstellar/Corduroy combo creates an almost perfect flow to start the show. All showing the band to sound in strong form, with Matt's again sounding punching in Corduroy. Got Some and Once follow to keep the tension and energy high, both being strong performances highlighted by more crisp drums from Matt, accented by excellent fills by the "hardest working man in show business" as Ed likes to call him. Ed addresses the crowd and talks about the first time playing there since 1994 and how beautiful it is. It calls for perfect timing to play the mid-tempo staple Given To Fly, with Matt's more tribal drumming and fills again standing out. Ed says this next one "suits the mood" and it's not very often you get to play right next to the ocean, and fittingly so they play Amongst The Waves - which works well back to back with GTF. The non-typical "festival setlist" receives another treat next with Grievance, being the only time it's played in 2012. The Binaural rocker sounds great, with Matt's drums again sounding fantastic. Even Flow makes its mid-set staple appearance, and Ed announces to the crowd that Mike was born in Pensacola after his parents "had a long night of drunk fucking". Rather humorous moment from Ed, who I think was a couple more drinks deep this far in the set than usual, but still sounding on point. Ed then talks about supporting the troops and the issues some have coming back from combat, and fittingly go into playing World Wide Suicide. Energy and tempo continues to stay high from a flow stand point with The Fixer. Up to this point, the flow of the set really does have an effortless ebb and flow feel to it, and one that proves to stay the course. Daughter is next and again, the festival receives another treat with a beautiful It's OK tag. It certainly is unique for a festival and sounded like it was improvised by Ed at the last minute as the song is ending he addresses the crowd and says "ah fuck it" and goes into playing the guitar intro asking the crowd to sing loud. Again, the festival is treated with another rarity in Of The Earth next, which is the last time it has been played to date. It certainly is a shame that The Who sounding tune doesn't make its way into the setlist often, because it just has that classic PJ "mold" to it and is dynamic in nature. From a setlist stand point, it could very easily substitute either Porch or RVM as a main set or first encore closer due to its dynamic nature and longer jam sessions between Mike and Stone. The tempo is brought back down to speed with Elderly Woman followed by another rarity in Parachutes, which is the only take on the song in the 2012 tour. The tempo builds back up coming down the home stretch of the main set with Unthought Known to DTE and Porch to close out an extremely strong festival main set. As noted earlier, the main set receives a significant amount of more obscure songs and rarities for a festival, but the flow of the set is so effortless and creates an ebb and flow that is seamless. It's also a much longer main set by festival standards as well, and overall tight playing by the band as a whole.

Black makes what would make a very pleasant appearance opening the first encore, but Stone of all people screws up the guitar intro and they have to start the song over. Don't see that too often from Stone. They do rebound and it's yet another strong performance of the classic, Mike as always doing his thing and Ed providing a rather unique "baby baby" tag that he seldom does. Some more Avocado gets some love with Comatose next, into a more higher paced version of Why Go after. Matt sounding on point and perfection as usual. Right as the last notes ring out, Ed immediately starts the opening chords to RVM and little things like this really do make the flow to the show more coherent and what I truly appreciate. Yet another groping performance of RVM to close out a short, but solid encore.

The second encore begins with Ed introducing each member of the band and Ed telling the story how Jeff is a "fucking bad ass" and good friend. Better Man opens the encore in good fashion, and is a fairly average yet inspiring performance of the song. Lukin makes a somewhat unusual appearance this late in the show, and it's the usual Alive - Baba - Ledbetter trifecta to close out a very good festival gig. Ledbetter is tagged with The Star Spangled Banner where Mike channels an inner Hendrix from Woodstock. All three being dependable performances to close out a good show.

A very enjoyable bootleg, especially for a festival. What you get here is a very lively festival gig that is laced with unusual rarities for a festival, and an equally rather strong performance of each. The entire set as a whole really does flow effortlessly, and is for the most par error-free from the band with little to no errors. The band, especially Ed, are in lively moods and I don't think you will find too many other better festival bootlegs than this, other than Atlanta 2012 and maybe a few others. Individual performances are highlighted mostly by Matt, with his drums being mixed a little higher and sounding punchy and crisp the entire show, and really do get to hear his fills a little better than usual. Ironically after about 3 weeks off from playing, I thought Ed's vocals didn't sound as powerful or profound as they usually do. He didn't sound bad by any means, but his voice just didn't have that overall booming and raspy force it usually does. This could have very well been due to the mixing specifically on the boot. Certainly an above average bootleg that is worth listening to, and one that will make it into my upper tier of the entire 2012 tour.
    Post edited by YLed2 on
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    Mexico 2003
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    driowadriowa Wisconsin Posts: 115
    Philly 2009 (All 4 shows!)
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    6/6/92 Finsbury Park London
  • Options
    BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466
    Melbourne 1998! Awesome. What a great show. Only problem was not being able to download Porch and one of the encores.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    Boston 12/04/94
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    One day I will listen to philly 2....ordered it jan 14...nugs just sent a replacement. Been listening to Randall's night two a lot; my god this show gives me chills. Wish I could go back in time and see this one again.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Irvine 1st Night 2003
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    Brooklyn I & II
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Dallas '03

What a start! The guys throw a curveball straightaway opening with Alive, then Brain Of J and Half Full. All three on fire. After a load of feedback, Go starts up and doesn't relent on the pace and likewise Corduroy does the same. Green Disease completes the fast-paced opening with I Am Mine and Daughter giving a chance to (ever so slightly) catch your breath. Daughter is excellent and Ed tags in Of The Girl repeating "How he makes his getaway..." towards the end. Nothingman is simply beautiful. Jeremy sounds slightly laboured at times, maybe it's just because its alot slower than played nowadays. Ed compliments the crowd saying they are the best singing crowd in Dallas. Blood is simply fantastic, the mix on top form with Ed's vocals, Jeff's bass sounding great midway through. DIssident and Betterman give some light relief from the relentless pace. Surprisingly Ed doesn't give the crowd the first verses for Betterman, Save You follows and then just like the set started unusually, it ends unusually with Even Flow which is just completely on point. Amazing main set and one that I'd be hard-pressed to find a better one.

At the gig, Arc starts the 1st encore (making it's 2nd of 9 appearances) but obviously (and like all 9 appearances) is omitted from the boot. So starting the encore on the boot is Can't Keep, again sounding excellent. Vocally there is a couple of ropey moments midway through State Of Love And Trust but it can't and shouldn't detract from the high standard on show. Ed introduces the band members and Small Town starts us off again. Black and Rearviewmirror bring the encore to a strong end. The 2nd encore comprises of just 2 songs - Crazy Mary and Rockin' In The Free World. Leading into Crazy Mary, Ed tells the crowd "I don't know if you know this one but we're gonna play it the best we've ever played it". There's some beautiful solo work from Stone during RIFTW.

From beginning to end, this is one of those shows where the band just bring it....and then some. An absolutely fantastic boot and one that easily makes my top 20, if not top 10.

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    I'm finally, finally, FINALLY hearing the Hartford boot!!! I had such an amazing time that night. Being in the thick of that crowd for that performance is something I'm very grateful to have experienced.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Little Rock '13

Arc opens the gig but Save You opens the boot and starts an opening heavy salvo with Animal, Grievance and Animal. Cropduster is very enjoyable here. Light Years makes only it's 2nd appearance of the overall US '03 tour so far and sounding on form. There's a bit of a loss of flow after though with Lukin and Insignificance. These wouldn't be 3 songs I would put together myself. You Are and Thumbing My Way both sound great, the Riot Act songs really holding strong here. Betterman is excellent, especially with the Save It For Later tag. Alive again makes an appearance main set but it's Evolution that closes.

Ed starts off the first encore talking about the West Memphis Three and dedicates Given To Fly to them. It's a high energy performance of I Believe In Miracles and then the slow tempo of Small Town and Sleight Of Hand (first play on this leg of the tour) contrast this. But they do it will, Sleight Of Hand just perfection to my ears. I absolutely and always adore hearing this song. It's also the last Pearl Jam song of the gig. Fortunate Son, like IBIM is high energy and probably one of the best versions I've heard them play, finishes off an enjoyable first encore.

As stated after Sleight Of Hand it's covers til the end and it's a 3 song second encore, Ed telling the crowd it's be really fun and while strumming his guitar says he is thinking of what song to play. He talks abit more and this leads onto Pete Townshend, Ed eventually playing The Kids Are Alright solo. Last Kiss is next with the full band back onstage and it's left to another The Who cover - Baba O'Riley - to close the show.

A good and enjoyable boot, especially early in the set and the first encore for me.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    Vancouver 2013.
    ..... Needs more of the crowd noise, since it was the crowd that made that show the amazing special thing that it was.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    PJ_Soul said:

Vancouver 2013.
    ..... Needs more of the crowd noise, since it was the crowd that made that show the amazing special thing that it was.

did you download it?

I just got my Brooklyn 2 in the mail today :D
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    karmadefectkarmadefect Posts: 806
    Philly 2003
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    karmadefectkarmadefect Posts: 806
    Boston 2000-08-29
    A very good Porch the ending is superb.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    Bonner Springs '03

"Welcome to the wettest show on the planet" says Ed early in the set.

After a delayed start due to a lightning storm, Release gets the gig under way. Not long after Ed sings "oh dear Dad.." there is a lightning bolt, the crowd roar and Ed says 'Hi Dad' and continues singing. Perfect way to start a gig and one can only imagine how cool it would be to see Release in such conditions. Breakerfall and Brain Of J is very cool and are followed by rare outings for Get Right and Ghost - both sounding very good. Immortality is sublime, Whipping and Not For You takes the volume up some notches before Off He Goes gives the crowd chance to catch their breath. It's a really high tempo start, and the flow is fantastic. Off He Goes doesn't interrupt the flow and Help Help afterwards is cool - and extremely rare! I know alot don't like this song but it is a favourite of mine as is Half Full which follows. Getting these 2 back-to-back is very good in my eyes! The pace continues with MFC and You Are, Ed offers the crowd the chance to start Betterman and beat the other crowds from the tour, which he says they do. Save You closes a great main set.

The first encore is relentless, starting with Go and then Corduroy. Glorified G sounds brilliant and then you get Even Flow and Alive back-to-back to end the encore; perfection right there!

The guys come back out for 2 more songs, Fuckin' Up and Baba O'Riley.

One of the shortest shows of the whole tour but one of the best in my view, both the band and crowd bringing it in difficult conditions - which Ed acknowledges.

• Options
    Prague 2012
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,628
    Isle Of Wight 2012
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382
    Philly I 2013