Options

Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Hartford 13
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,323
    Philly 22/10/13
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Calgary 08/08/09
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,785
    East Rutherford NJ '98 such a good show...searched it out based on one song and I am just blown away by the whole show.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Chicago '03

A sublime Release opens proceedings, for the fifth time in 2003. Hail Hail quickly follows, the intro sounding a bit 'light'. It's Riot Act heavy next with Save You, Cropduster (sounding fantastic again), Love Boat Captain and I Am Mine. Mike really lets loose on Even Flow. Off He Goes after Even Flow is actually a perfect choice, it adjusts the flow of the set nicely and sounds great - not the best version I've heard but still good. Off He Goes is one of those low-tempo songs that I find fits just about anywhere in a set. Next up is Light Years making it's penultimate appearance of 2003. Green Disease and Grievance together is an excellent pairing and Present Tense is another excellent choice and performance. Daughter provides the crowd with a chance to singalong, Ed tagging in My Own Two Hands by Ben Harper. It is a juggernaut end to the main set with Alive and Rearviewmirror.

Arc begins the first encore (6th of it's 9 appearances) but it's Corduroy to start the boot. The edit of the boot actually catches abit of Arc; Ed talks to the crowd first and then you hear the first strains of Arc quickly fade out into Corduroy. Not the best mixing ever! It's a furious version of Corduroy and is followed by Small Town. The crowd's singing on the start of Betterman is superb; the band's performance isn't bad either! There is no tag. It's an epic Crazy Mary with Evolution closing the encore.

Ed teases the crowd at the start of the second encore saying "one more? two more?" a few times then thanking the crowd. Down starts the encore off, After Down, Ed tells the crowd they can play abit longer because the show scheduled for the next day in Cincinnati has been cancelled. He welcomes Roddy from Idlewild onstage for Rockin In The Free World though I didn't hear any backing vocals from him. Yellow Ledbetter closes the show; a boot which I very much enjoyed.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    karmadefectkarmadefect Posts: 806
    Finnsbury '92
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    redsoxfan72redsoxfan72 North Jersey Posts: 3
    NYC 5.21.10 -- the show felt like a spiritual event and the bootleg proves it. Everyone was on that night!
  • Options
    Edmonton 2005

2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    Vancouver '13 :) :x \m/

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Me to. So glade I have that one.

2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    Msg night 2, 2008. Boy am I glad pj doesn't have back up singers anymore. Yuck
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Wow that's the second time I heard someone mention that.

That W.M.A. and Who you are are my favorite and All night from the first gig is equally good.

How come you don't like it?

2014 Berlijn
  • Options

Yup she's a beauty, I think it's the dark horse of the west coast leg :)

• Options

Yup she's a beauty, I think it's the dark horse of the west coast leg :)
    I was lucky enough to recieve it as a gift by someone.
    You should meet him one time. I feel you would get along with him. :D

2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Mountain View 2003
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,952
    This morning? Auckland, NZ '14.
  • Options
    London 11/08/09
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914

mcgruff10 said:

That W.M.A. and Who you are are my favorite and All night from the first gig is equally good.

back up singers and pearl jam just don't mix. I just find it cheesy. i'm really glad they 're done with that experiment.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Seattle 2013
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    dpharesdphares Maryland Posts: 118
    Philly 2005. Great setlist.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

back up singers and pearl jam just don't mix. I just find it cheesy. i'm really glad they 're done with that experiment.

Cheesy as it Metallica with an orchestra?
    I guess I know what you mean with cheesy,
    and I can feel that way sometimes, but not here.

2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382
    Oakland 2013
    I was at this show, so the bootleg was a must-buy for me. That said, it isn't an outstanding show, probably my least favourite of the four I saw last year (Philly 1 & 2 and San Diego were the other ones). It has its moments of course. Just heard Daughter going into W.M.A. and that was certainly one of those.
  • Options
    You were Dutch right?
    And you've been to 4 US shows?
    Wow I wish I had that kind of time and funds. :D
    Lucky you.

2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    East Troy '03

Sometimes opens the show, making a rare appearance in 2003 (this being the 3rd from 4). It's a pleasant version and Corduroy then leads the way in upping the tempo, followed by Green Disease and Save You. God's Dice makes a return to the setlist, for time on this leg and 3rd time in the tour. Ed briefly greets the crowd and calls them the 'faithfull' which ironically enough leads into Faithfull. After a tremendous Immortality, Ed talks to the crowd about the last time they played the venue - the "Ice Bowl" show back in October 2000. A good performance of Love Boat Captain is made even better by the crowd taking over for the final verse of the song. Insignificance is all over the place, the vocals between Ed and Matt early on getting mixed up and then MIke or Stone continuing to briefly play when the song takes that little break midway through. Deep makes it's 2nd appearance on this leg of the tour and is followed by another performance of I Believe In Miracles, Ed telling the crowd 'this is a Ramones song. By The Ramones'. It's an average performance; definitely heard better on this tour. Following You Are, it's a hits-heavy end to the main set with Betterman (Why Can't I Touch It? is tagged at the end), Jeremy, Even Flow, Daughter and Rearviewmirror.

The first encore is Vs -heavy beginning with the Go & Animal combo. Small Town is next and Glorified G completes the Vs songs in the encore. Unfortunately it's not Ed's best vocal performance on Glorified G. Bu$hleaguer and Evolution complete an average first encore.

The band come back out for a 7 song second encore which starts off Ed solo playing You've Got To Hide Your Love Away once he has finished having a bit of a rant that gets the crowd going. It's a good performance of Breath to follow and then an intense Crazy Mary, with Mike and Boom really going for it during their solo duel. Know Your Rights breaks up the flow I feel but Fortunate Son gets it back on track. The crowd are on fire for their singing part during Baba O'Riley and it's left to Mike and Yellow Ledbetter, compete with a Little Wing tag, to close the show.

• Options
    PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382

You were Dutch right?

No. I'm still Dutch. :D
    And you've been to 4 US shows?
    Wow I wish I had that kind of time and funds. :D
    Lucky you.
    Those shows last year were my holidays. Took a nice 3-week roadtrip through California, which included 2 shows. (The other 2 were on the east coast, so that was a New York & Philly trip as I'd never been to Philadelphia before)

• Options
    Noblesville '03

A lovely Long Road opens the show, swiftly followed by Interstellar Overdrive leading into Corduroy. An excellent Whipping maintains the tempo. Ed briefly greets the crowd and then the guys go into Given To Fly; it is a good performance overall, though Ed sounds abit throaty a couple of times. Cropduster is next, I've enjoyed hearing this one alot on the boots but this one kinda passed me by. After I Am Mine, Thin Air is played. After this show, it's only been played a further 8 times too date. An unbelievable stat! Gimme Some Truth and Present Tense suck some of the flow from the set I feel. MFC and Habit attempt to get that flow back, Habit being one of the better versions on this tour. As with the previous gig, it's a hits-heavy end to the main set; this time with Jeremy, Even Flow, Betterman, Black and Porch. Jeremy is outstanding. Ed again tags Why Can't I Touch It? onto the end of Betterman. Overall, it's a good end to the set.

The first encore starts off with Soldier Of Love, making only it's 2nd appearance in 2003. It starts the encore off on a low-key note but the rest of encore is heavy, Blood bursting onto the scene first-off heavy as hell. State Of Love And Trust and Evolution are equally high tempo and the encore ends on a high with Alive.

Smile (for the penultimate time in 2003) opens up the second encore and it's a very good performance. Small Town is up next. The guys then play Sonic Reducer and I half expected one of the Buzzcocks on stage for this. Yellow Ledbetter is the final song of the night and Ed changes the lyrics upon seeing some of the crowd leaving early caliing them "pussies" and "leaving early for their accountant jobs in the morning". It's all tongue-in-cheek.

Fairly good boot.

• Options
    edited March 2014

No. I'm still Dutch. :D

=))

Hail, hail the lucky ones,
    I rever to those with funds. :D

2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    Rotterdam 13/08/09
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Live From KCRW
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Rockin' out Seattle '13