Options

***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

1137138139140141143»

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,460
    Anyone bothered by DG comments about TS? I’m not a fan of either artist per se just found it odd that Dave went there. 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,030
    Anyone bothered by DG comments about TS? I’m not a fan of either artist per se just found it odd that Dave went there. 
    Seemed to come out of nowhere!?

Having said that I’m not across the whole story or possible context behind it. I just know that it happened. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,533
    What did he say?

I only know of some story (from him) about Taylor Swift getting him an Paul Macartney into some afterparty or something...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,948
    He made a comment about not trying to piss off TS fans. And that the FF were doing an "errors tour". He said that they sometimes mess up "because we are actually playing our instruments" or something to that effect.  

A silly comment, yes, But apparently Grohl's daughter was recently sent death threats and chased off twitter by a mob of TS fans after she made a comment about TS' private jet usage. So he could have been just trying to take the heat off his daughter. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,957
    He made a comment about not trying to piss off TS fans. And that the FF were doing an "errors tour". He said that they sometimes mess up "because we are actually playing our instruments" or something to that effect.  

A silly comment, yes, But apparently Grohl's daughter was recently sent death threats and chased off twitter by a mob of TS fans after she made a comment about TS' private jet usage. So he could have been just trying to take the heat off his daughter. 

Huge numbers of Swift fans are quintessential cult fanatics.  Swift has done nothing to abate that kind of behavior, even when it includes dangerous behavior like threatening Grohl's daughter.

Overt fanaticism, unbridled hero worship, mass crowd behavior, and mountains of glitz.  No wonder some of us can't stand Swift.  

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,932

That fan base…… jeez. Disgusting. 
  • Options
    Taking a jab at Taytays authenticity will make you look as stupid as Damon Albarn.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited June 24
    brianlux said:

Huge numbers of Swift fans are quintessential cult fanatics.  Swift has done nothing to abate that kind of behavior, even when it includes dangerous behavior like threatening Grohl's daughter.

Overt fanaticism, unbridled hero worship, mass crowd behavior, and mountains of glitz.  No wonder some of us can't stand Swift.  

I don’t think some of ”you” not being able to stand Swift has anythng to do with other fans of her. That would be kind of silly. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

One of you drove and crashed into Eddie Vedders House. So that must be all of you. jeez. 
  • Options
    Just wanna add that I listened to Medicine at Medicine again a fee days ago. A really great record
  • Options
    edited June 24
    nicknyr15 said:

One of you drove and crashed into Eddie Vedders House. So that must be all of you. jeez. 
    Yea definitely the same thing.
     Are you saying theyre not known as one of the most toxic fan bases in the world? Are you defending that behavior? 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,037
    Taylor has said in the past threatening people isn't something she condones. She's got the biggest fanbase in the world, she can't address every single thing a bunch of internet dopes do. 

Grohl's daughter is a dope for attacking private plane usage (ZERO doubt her dad, his band and her own family use one) and death threats from extremely online fans makes those people look dumb too.

I just don't get the look of attacking fellow musicians. It gives off the airs of rockism as if The Foos type of show is more authentic than her show. Ok, maybe they have samples that are triggered and autotune for bunk notes, but these dudes practiced everyday  for most of their life like he did. They ground it out playing shitty gigs like most artists. A musician is a musician. Just because they want to present their show in a certain way to the fans vs another doesn't make on better than the other. And I get it, its punching up, shes the biggest in the world. There just wasn't really a reason to punch up. Like what does HE get out of it?  

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Are you saying theyre not known as one of the most toxic fan bases in the world? Are you defending that behavior? 
    I think hes saying don't paint with a broad brush. The few shitty fans don't represent the vast majority.

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I think hes saying don't paint with a broad brush. The few shitty fans don't represent the vast majority.

Obviously ..but you don’t get a reputation for no reason. 
  • Options
    edited June 25
    People are gonna be shitty, regardless of the size of the fanbase (and being one of the largest in the world, you’re gonna get more - especially being of the very online demographic)

She can’t micromanage everything fans do. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,366
    Or maybe… just maybe… Dave was making a joke and the cesspit that is social media went apeshit over it.

Foo Fighters fans defending Dave are being called “misogynistic”
    Swifties are labelled “obsessives” or worse.
    There are no winners here.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,460
    goldrush said:
    Or maybe… just maybe… Dave was making a joke and the cesspit that is social media went apeshit over it.

Foo Fighters fans defending Dave are being called “misogynistic”
    Swifties are labelled “obsessives” or worse.
    There are no winners here.
    Could be he was joking but he’s in the business of singing not trying to be a comic! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    It could have been a joke. That’s fine. It’s just the premise is a bit dickish.