***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

1139140141142143145»

Comments

• IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,677
    Oh Dave! You were to good to be true.
    I’ve got another confession to make…..

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    Dayum!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,405
    Oh Dave! You were to good to be true.
    Yeah... Crazy shit. At least he owns it but damn dude...not a great way to maintain a family 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 931
    Not sure how anyone can be surprised that a rock star is unfaithful. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Oh Dave! You were to good to be true.
    agreed. i feel bad for the wife and kids.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,482
    he's human. just like the rest of us. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,892
    If I was a betting man. Marriage is over. Whatever.l wish the best to all involved. It wouldn't sit well with me being married to someone that had an affair and baby with someone else. 
    Rough one.
  • Seems like such an odd thing to post about, without posting I'm sure most people wouldnt even know even if it was leaked in the press it'll blow over without much attention.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,112
    Seems like such an odd thing to post about, without posting I'm sure most people wouldnt even know even if it was leaked in the press it'll blow over without much attention.

Since he plans on being involved it would get weird if there are pictures of him pushing a baby or referring to four daughters or whatever. Just get out in front of it. Crazy story though.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,055
    edited September 11
    My thinking was a story was about to break. or an interview with the mother. Like him being contacted for comments etc.

But maybe it's like pj44 is writing above.

MODERN FAMILY
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Keep you in the dark
    you know they all…pretend
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,112
    My thinking was a story was about to break. or an interview with the mother. Like him being contacted for comments etc.

But maybe it's like pj44 is writing above.

MODERN FAMILY
    Actually yeah this is more likely right? Some tabloid sniffed it out.
  • Carlos on X DM You destroy the last cultist  Players WOW thank God  the big bad didnt show up DM httpstco7JdnqTT0qf  X
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,405
    Loujoe said:
    If I was a betting man. Marriage is over. Whatever.l wish the best to all involved. It wouldn't sit well with me being married to someone that had an affair and baby with someone else. 
    Rough one.
    yeah...my wife would have left my ass immediately

Very tough situation. Kudos for owning it but now what? My grown daughters would disown me if I did something stupid like that.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,064
    Dave be humping!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,502
    Loujoe said:
    Rough one.

Very tough situation. Kudos for owning it but now what? My grown daughters would disown me if I did something stupid like that.

And did he really own it, or was that a PR move to get ahead of it becoming public, and thus attempting to control the narrative.

They've still got a festival to play in a few weeks.   Could be some awkwardness at that show.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    Loujoe said:
    Rough one.

Not sure how you gain trust after something like this he must just be begging for forgiveness but damn he really messed up his family life! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,892
    I know rock stars + are just people. It still is disappointing. Like in the past, Howard Stern makes a movie that was like a love story with his wife...divorced. Neil Young divorced and marries you know...EV leaves his wife. Just normal stuff but I do tend to see these people as role model's, wrong or right, and hope to watch someone live the old fashioned love story that probably really doesn't exist. Now having a baby with someone else is kind of mind blowing from someone (I don't really know) I imagined wouldn't do that.
    All personal, but will definitely change how I perceive his music.  And frankly will think he's a jerk. Sure he wouldn't care much, but if enough fans feel this way it will be a blow to his musical career.
    End of rant
    Hope we all learn to be honest and good to the one's we love.
    Complicated.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,866
    he's human. just like the rest of us. 
    He is. And like all humans they can disappoint. 
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,572
    ZoSoTim said:

No kidding.   
    I don't understand all the drama and shock and carrying on about this sort of thing.   Feeling disappointed about someone you admire is natural, but I just don't think it's a great idea to buy into the hype the entertainment media puts out about this kind of thing.  And look, I don't mean to piss off or slight anyone by saying any of this.  It's just my two cents.
    And also, imagine if someone close to you- like, say, a brother or sister or cousin or best friend of someone who had an affair and it was all over the news and all kinds of people were making a big issue of it.  That would suck.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Maybe they were on a break
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Maybe they were on a break
    haha. I recently saw a video montage of all the times Ross said that. I thought about putting it on a t shirt. 

www.headstonesband.com

brianlux said:
    ZoSoTim said:

No kidding.   
    I don't understand all the drama and shock and carrying on about this sort of thing.   Feeling disappointed about someone you admire is natural, but I just don't think it's a great idea to buy into the hype the entertainment media puts out about this kind of thing.  And look, I don't mean to piss off or slight anyone by saying any of this.  It's just my two cents.
    And also, imagine if someone close to you- like, say, a brother or sister or cousin or best friend of someone who had an affair and it was all over the news and all kinds of people were making a big issue of it.  That would suck.

mainly because Dave has always been perceived as the "good guy" of superstars. 

www.headstonesband.com