***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• AW124797AW124797 Posts: 664
    Guess I won't be buying anything in advance, besides PJ on the east coast, of course. 
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 931
    AW124797 said:
    Guess I won't be buying anything in advance, besides PJ on the east coast, of course. 
    That’s pretty much my entire ticket buying strategy these days unless it’s reserved seats and even the. I’ll usually do it. Hardly anything sells out anymore. Of course the Foos played a 20K seat venue here so that sold out immediately. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,502
    AW124797 said:
    Zod said:
    AW124797 said:
    Usually, it picks up 5 days before. I wouldn't worry. Probably took me 4 minutes to check out, too. It's not so demanding as GA PJ tickets.

It would also mean I need to at some point sell the pair I have which are 17th row in the lower section.  Not bad tickets, but not GA :)  Hopefully there's not so many at the end you can't move tickets if you need too.    Still we were considering risking it and buying off a reseller, which is basically double the price anyways.. so I suppose if we can GA last minute, and can't move the existing tickets.. it's not much different.
    I'd sell that pair very soon. There are plenty of good seats available for tonight (including GA) and Friday.

So hard to do.  The Seattle show isn't for another month, so maybe give it another week.   It's gone long stretches with zero tickets available, but they did drop platinums last week which are mostly gone again.. and there's some overprices fan2fan tickets.   No idea what the demand for Seattle is like because of the games TM plays.

Those 13 GA tickets for the show this thread was mentioning.  Were they fan2fan or tm dropping more tickets?
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,644
    Tonight’s show at Citifield got cut short due to thunderstorms. I originally had tickets for this show but sold them when I got GA for Friday. So far the weather looks good for Friday. 
    Zod said:
    AW124797 said:
    Zod said:
    AW124797 said:
    Usually, it picks up 5 days before. I wouldn't worry. Probably took me 4 minutes to check out, too. It's not so demanding as GA PJ tickets.

It would also mean I need to at some point sell the pair I have which are 17th row in the lower section.  Not bad tickets, but not GA :)  Hopefully there's not so many at the end you can't move tickets if you need too.    Still we were considering risking it and buying off a reseller, which is basically double the price anyways.. so I suppose if we can GA last minute, and can't move the existing tickets.. it's not much different.
    I'd sell that pair very soon. There are plenty of good seats available for tonight (including GA) and Friday.

So hard to do.  The Seattle show isn't for another month, so maybe give it another week.   It's gone long stretches with zero tickets available, but they did drop platinums last week which are mostly gone again.. and there's some overprices fan2fan tickets.   No idea what the demand for Seattle is like because of the games TM plays.

Those 13 GA tickets for the show this thread was mentioning.  Were they fan2fan or tm dropping more tickets?
    Both. Ticketmaster dropped at least 8, probably a lot more, but that was the maximum I was able to cart. 

Friday night had a big standard drop too on Wednesday and I only checked 4 or 5 times. 
    ZoSoTim said:
    AW124797 said:
    That’s pretty much my entire ticket buying strategy these days unless it’s reserved seats and even the. I’ll usually do it. Hardly anything sells out anymore. Of course the Foos played a 20K seat venue here so that sold out immediately. 
    Which venue? 
    GlowGirl said:
    Tonight’s show at Citifield got cut short due to thunderstorms. I originally had tickets for this show but sold them when I got GA for Friday. So far the weather looks good for Friday. 
    I switched to Friday at some point, too. Got lucky, I guess. 
    Last night’s show was great. They played almost 3 hours. I got there 1/2 hour before doors. Was easily able to get merch and 2nd row from rail. The pit was super energetic. The show ended with fireworks. I had an amazing time. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    GlowGirl said:
    Last night’s show was great. They played almost 3 hours. I got there 1/2 hour before doors. Was easily able to get merch and 2nd row from rail. The pit was super energetic. The show ended with fireworks. I had an amazing time. 
    Great pictures glad you enjoyed the show! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,282
    Feel so bad for the folks who went to show 1
    I forgot to add that the Hives were really fun as well. 
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,241
    I went last night and concur it was great: they still have their fastball. The Hives put on a great show!
    edited July 20
    I went last night and concur it was great: they still have their fastball. The Hives put on a great show!
    Yes. Dave has tons of energy. And Josh was unstoppable on the drums. I did see Dave sneaking a cigarette. These lead singers have to stop with the smoking. 
  • spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,729
    Anyone else going to be at Fenway tonight? I’ll be in box 2 by the Pesky pole in either my clicker or red mosquito PJ shirt 😬

I forgot that the hives were opening, love them too!
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Celticskemba8Celticskemba8 Posts: 333
    First time seeing Foo & at Fenway was truly amazing. They were incredible. The energy. The drums. Dave is the man of course!
    First time seeing Foo & at Fenway was truly amazing. They were incredible. The energy. The drums. Dave is the man of course!
    I’m glad you had a great time. The first time I saw them was 1995. Dave has just as much energy now as he did when he was younger. He is so much fun. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,680
    Going Thursday to see them in Cincinnati.
  • Celticskemba8Celticskemba8 Posts: 333
    GlowGirl said:
    I’m glad you had a great time. The first time I saw them was 1995. Dave has just as much energy now as he did when he was younger. He is so much fun. 
    Yes! You said it! Incredible energy & I don’t know how he is still doing it & still has a voice too! Awesome awesome show!
  • PapPap Posts: 28,733
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    At the stadium getting ready to fight foos. 
    The Pretenders were pretty good. Chrissy’s voice still is good. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,502
    edited August 2
    Excellent news.  Scored a GA through an epic Face Value Ticket war last Friday.  Today I scored the 2nd one I needed because TM dropped some GA tickets for Seattle.    Stocked to have pit tickets for the  Seattle show.   I know I'll be stiff and sore the next day, but superstoked.
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,716
    How’s the sound under that overhang?
    How’s the sound under that overhang?
    I didn't think it was bad. I didn't hearing any noticeable echo or distortion.  
    These stadium shows are way too big looking at that picture how far is the stage? 
    These stadium shows are way too big looking at that picture how far is the stage? 
    Far enough to where we spent most of the time watching the screens. We had tickets in the lower bowl that were much closer down the third base side, but we had to exchange them for ADA seating due to my wife still recovering from breaking her foot and being stuck on a knee scooter. No way she could have gotten down all those stairs to get to our original seats.
    Far enough to where we spent most of the time watching the screens. We had tickets in the lower bowl that were much closer down the third base side, but we had to exchange them for ADA seating due to my wife still recovering from breaking her foot and being stuck on a knee scooter. No way she could have gotten down all those stairs to get to our original seats.
    Oh man sorry to hear foot injury! I did stadiums shows back in the day but most of the time it seemed like I was not even part of the show more like people watching! Not fun at all to have to look at giant screens but to each its own, wish your wife a speedy recovery 
    Oh man sorry to hear foot injury! I did stadiums shows back in the day but most of the time it seemed like I was not even part of the show more like people watching! Not fun at all to have to look at giant screens but to each its own, wish your wife a speedy recovery 
    thanks, I appreciate it. She has another appointment at the end of the month to see if she can start bearing weight on the foot.
  • EL91640EL91640 Posts: 110
    Denver show was amazing! Dave said it was the biggest show they've ever played in the US. 
  • Oh Dave! You were to good to be true.