Toronto Maple Leafs

Comments

• uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Apparently, The reiminister of defense is pretty close to coming back. He's been fully participating in practice the last few days.
    At least ten days away according to Jonas Siegel's twitter.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,674
    Who gets the start in Dallas tonight? I'm going with Scrivens
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:

It's Jonas Gustavsson getting the start again.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    BLACK35 wrote:

it's gotta be ... dude has won his last two games and given up only a goal in each ...
    BLACK35 wrote:

Well I guess he does deserve it, he just doesn't give me great confidence when he is between the pipes
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    it's a wonder this team can win games when they let guys just skate around like they are playing shinny ... :shock:
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    polaris_x wrote:
    it's a wonder this team can win games when they let guys just skate around like they are playing shinny ... :shock:

i was amazed the monster didn't allow a goal in the shootout :o , but glad Lupul got the shootout winner after being cut in like three spots on his face by Souray right in front of the ref and no call lol
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    i was amazed the monster didn't allow a goal in the shootout :o , but glad Lupul got the shootout winner after being cut in like three spots on his face by Souray right in front of the ref and no call lol

ya ... the call on frattin was a joke too ... who else we got to play D? ... hope gunnarson isn't out long ... schenn looked better last night ...
    They called up Holzer and he's been on the road trip so i guess he will be playing if Gunner can't play
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    polaris_x wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

ya ... the call on frattin was a joke too ... who else we got to play D? ... hope gunnarson isn't out long ... schenn looked better last night ...

Wonder about Aulie, I think he got off to a rough start in the minors. I liked his play lasy yr when he was up. Hope the boys can pull off a win tonight and cap off a good road trip.
    I read Graboski could be back mid week as well
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    woohoo ... only caught the last bit of the third period ... another road win ... crabb looking good and although he isn't doing much on the scoresheet - liking kulemin's play also ...
    BLACK35 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

Wonder about Aulie, I think he got off to a rough start in the minors. I liked his play lasy yr when he was up. Hope the boys can pull off a win tonight and cap off a good road trip.
    I read Graboski could be back mid week as well

I guess you got Aulie right, i just don't get why they took Holzer on the trip lol.

But it was great watching Bozak put in 2 goals and the Monster still playing well, but this weeks schedule looks tough home and home with the Bruins Wed and Sat.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    I guess you got Aulie right, i just don't get why they took Holzer on the trip lol.

But it was great watching Bozak put in 2 goals and the Monster still playing well, but this weeks schedule looks tough home and home with the Bruins Wed and Sat.

yeah ... gotta make a statement there ... at least try and keep the games close ...
    well ... score didn't quite reflect the play ... b's are playing really good now and they are exposing the main problem with the leafs which is their defensive end coverage ... it's like they sit around so they have the legs to attack but give guys waaaay too much room in their own zone ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    well ... score didn't quite reflect the play ... b's are playing really good now and they are exposing the main problem with the leafs which is their defensive end coverage ... it's like they sit around so they have the legs to attack but give guys waaaay too much room in their own zone ...

The Bruins did go 12-0-1 in November, and are the hottest team in the league right now. With that said, this was a very important game for our leafs; they needed to beat their division conference rival to maintain their spot atop the division. Saturday's game is no less important.
    polaris_x wrote:

The Bruins did go 12-0-1 in November, and are the hottest team in the league right now. With that said, this was a very important game for our leafs; they needed to beat their division conference rival to maintain their spot atop the division. Saturday's game is no less important.

It just gets harder, they play in Boston on Saturday and in New York on Monday both are really hot teams and as for last night they deserved a better fate they played just as good Boston last night but Luke Schenn really screwed any chance of a tying the game by letting Lucic just stand right in front of the Monster and not even at least get Lucic stick tied up very frustrating.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    hey ... it's a long season ... the simple fact is that this team is waaaaaaay better than last year's team ... there is more depth and they are young and fast with a lot more upside ... i am loving crabb, colborne and gardiner ...

we've done decent without our #1 goalie ...

the goal is really the playoffs here ... and despite all the new pieces - the team is jelling pretty quick ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    hey ... it's a long season ... the simple fact is that this team is waaaaaaay better than last year's team ... there is more depth and they are young and fast with a lot more upside ... i am loving crabb, colborne and gardiner ...

we've done decent without our #1 goalie ...

the goal is really the playoffs here ... and despite all the new pieces - the team is jelling pretty quick ...

Agreed but when they are 3rd in the conference and only 5 points from 9th its kinda nerve racking lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Agreed but when they are 3rd in the conference and only 5 points from 9th its kinda nerve racking lol.

oh yeah ... it's gonna be a dogfight from 5 - 12 i think this year ...

outside of penguins, b's and flyers ... every other team is gonna have to scrap to get into the playoffs ... parity in the league now is ridiculous ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

oh yeah ... it's gonna be a dogfight from 5 - 12 i think this year ...

outside of penguins, b's and flyers ... every other team is gonna have to scrap to get into the playoffs ... parity in the league now is ridiculous ...

But we are gonna be right in the thick of the race this yr. Unlike the last couple of yrs when we were sitting 11th or 12th and hoping we could make a big move, only to see are dreams dashed one more time :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    Reimer plays tonight should be interesting to see how rusty he is, and there is a good chance of a collison in the crease hope it all works out for him.

Well we lost as usual against the b's
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    Nice to get a win against the Rangers especially since we couldn't beat the Bruins in back 2 back games, tough game i thought the refs were brutal both ways.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Nice to get a win against the Rangers especially since we couldn't beat the Bruins in back 2 back games, tough game i thought the refs were brutal both ways.

Yeah , definately a big win last night. I will now miss all games until the 17th of Dec (when I get back from holidays) SUCKS big time that you can't get decent coverage in Florida of the games, I'll have to see what I can find.

KEEP IT ROLLING.....GO LEAFS GO :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    didn't see any of it as it was on the leafs network ... coming out of msg with a win is always gonna be good but especially against this club which has been almost as hot as the B's ...
    Well i guess we got 3 of a possible 4 points in the back to back, the bad start cost the Leafs tonight but they did battle back to get it to overtime, but i don't think we should have lost to the Devils.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Reimer 0 for 2
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    0-1-1 since coming back actually lol
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    meh, 0-1-1 means 0 and 2
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    reimer was solid last nite ... leafs looked and played tired ... 3 games in 4 nights will do that to ya ... they really do need to figure out their PK tho ...